Feb. 21, 1932 - Oct. 14, 2012
Clarice Lavon Hoefer, of 210 Austin Ct. Apt. 10, Epworth, Iowa, died Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 7:30 a.m., at her home in Epworth, Iowa.
Friends and relatives of Clarice Lavon may call from 2 to 8 p.m., Wednesday, October 17, 2012 at the Reiff Funeral Home in Epworth, Iowa, where a wake service will be held at 7:30 p.m.
Services for Clarice Lavon will be held at 10:30 a.m., Thursday, October 18, 2012 at St. Patrick’s Catholic Church in Epworth, Iowa, with Rev. John Haugen Presiding. Burial will be held in St. Patrick’s Cemetery in Epworth, Iowa.
Clarice Lavon was born February 21, 1932, in Epworth, Iowa, daughter of Leroy and Marie (Steffens) Smith. On February 15, 1950, she was united in marriage to Charles Hoefer at St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Farley, Iowa. Clarice was an avid fan of the Cubs.
She worked at Ertl Company for 23 years, until her retirement in 1991. After retirement she enjoyed subbing at Headstart in Epworth. She enjoyed many card clubs, she was always ready for a good game of Aggravation. She also enjoyed making Rosaries for first communions.
She is survived by her Husband, Charles Hoefer of Epworth, I A; Five children, Steve “Buck” Hoefer of Epworth, IA, Stan (Nancy) Hoefer of Epworth, IA Vickie (Gene) Nauman of Lake-In-Hills, IL, Cindy (Joe) Leibold of Farley, IA, and Dennis “D.J.” (Barb) Hoefer of Clinton, IA; Eighteen Grandchildren, Heather Waite, Sarah Hoefer, Jamie (Kristy) Hoefer, Tony Hoefer, Andy (Crystal) Hoefer, Kristy (Brent) Goldsmith, Mindie (Trace) Gosell, Katie (Jarad) Alley, Rex Nauman, Kellie (Bob) Ward, Charles Elsinger (& friend, Tina McQuillen), Michael Elsinger, Andrew (Elizabeth) Elsinger, Nicholas (& friend, Carrie Schueller), Valoree, Danielle, Scott and Todd Hoefer; thirteen Great Grandchildren that were her pride & joy; five sisters, Margie Frank of Dubuque, I A, Mitzie (Dave) Hosch of Cascade, IA, Sally Coyle of Cascade, IA, Karen Smith of Dubuque, IA, and Kay Smith of Dubuque, IA; one brother, Virgil (Mary) Smith of Cascade, IA; brothers and sisters-in-law, John (Virgina) Hoefer of Farley, IA, Kathleen Funke of Worthington, IA, Bill (Ann) Hoefer of Marion, IA, Melvin Leibold of Dubuque, IA and Veda Smith of Clinton, IA.
She is preceded in death by her parents Leroy and Marie Smith; sisters Virginia Leibold and Dorothy (Dutch) Lehman; brother Jim Smith; brothers and sisters-in-law, Paul Lehman, Carl Frank, Melvin Coyle, Clara and Gene Kuehn, Genevieve and Ray Regan, Maurice and Norine Hoefer, Don Funke, and Helen Haberman.
Online condolences may be left for the family at www.reiffruneralhomeinc.com.
The family would like to thank Dr. Dolehide and staff, Dr. Kukla and Staff and the staff of Hospice of Dubuque for all their care and compassion.
Also a very special thanks to the Tony and Gerarda Keppler family for fulfilling Lavon’s wish to enjoy a Merry Christmas at their place.
Death date: Oct. 14, 2012
Feb. 21, 1932 - Oct. 14, 2012
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines