March 20, 1950 - Oct. 24, 2012
David A. Knudson, 62, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Wednesday evening, October 24, 2012, in his home, surrounded by his loving family, following a courageous battle with cancer.
David Alan Knudson was born March 20, 1950, in Clinton, Iowa, to Paul and Alice (Rosenberg) Knudson. He was a 1968 graduate of Clinton High School and was a 1976 graduate of the University of Northern Iowa with a degree in elementary education. Dave taught at the Camanche Middle School for over 25 years until his retirement in 2006. On June 30, 1984, Dave was united in marriage to Sharon Stuedemann at Grace Lutheran Church, DeWitt.
He was a member of Emmaus Road Church, DeWitt, and did some volunteer work in his retirement. He enjoyed VW Beetles, trains, steam engines, and World War II memorabilia, working on old Schwinn bicycles, gardening, Bible studies and spending time with family and friends.
Surviving are his loving wife of 28 years, Sharon; children, Larissa, Loren, Nolan, Danaka and Brennen Knudson, all of DeWitt; brothers, Larry (Patrice) Knudson of Clinton, and Randy Knudson of Austin, Texas; his mother-in-law, Esther Stuedemann of DeWitt; and many relatives and friends.
Dave was preceded in death by his parents, his father-in-law, Elmer Stuedemann and a special nephew, Jacob Youngblut.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Emmaus Road Church, DeWitt, (formerly DeWitt Lutheran Fellowship), from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, October 28, 2012. A Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, October 29, 2012, in the church. Pastor Paul Lang will officiate with burial in Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt. Memorials are suggested to Camp Courageous and Special Olympics.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Arrangements are in care of Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt.
Death date: Oct. 24, 2012
March 20, 1950 - Oct. 24, 2012
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- More Obituaries Headlines