March 20, 1950 - Oct. 24, 2012
David A. Knudson, 62, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Wednesday evening, October 24, 2012, in his home, surrounded by his loving family, following a courageous battle with cancer.
David Alan Knudson was born March 20, 1950, in Clinton, Iowa, to Paul and Alice (Rosenberg) Knudson. He was a 1968 graduate of Clinton High School and was a 1976 graduate of the University of Northern Iowa with a degree in elementary education. Dave taught at the Camanche Middle School for over 25 years until his retirement in 2006. On June 30, 1984, Dave was united in marriage to Sharon Stuedemann at Grace Lutheran Church, DeWitt.
He was a member of Emmaus Road Church, DeWitt, and did some volunteer work in his retirement. He enjoyed VW Beetles, trains, steam engines, and World War II memorabilia, working on old Schwinn bicycles, gardening, Bible studies and spending time with family and friends.
Surviving are his loving wife of 28 years, Sharon; children, Larissa, Loren, Nolan, Danaka and Brennen Knudson, all of DeWitt; brothers, Larry (Patrice) Knudson of Clinton, and Randy Knudson of Austin, Texas; his mother-in-law, Esther Stuedemann of DeWitt; and many relatives and friends.
Dave was preceded in death by his parents, his father-in-law, Elmer Stuedemann and a special nephew, Jacob Youngblut.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Emmaus Road Church, DeWitt, (formerly DeWitt Lutheran Fellowship), from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, October 28, 2012. A Funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, October 29, 2012, in the church. Pastor Paul Lang will officiate with burial in Elmwood Cemetery, DeWitt. Memorials are suggested to Camp Courageous and Special Olympics.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Arrangements are in care of Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt.
Death date: Oct. 24, 2012
March 20, 1950 - Oct. 24, 2012
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines