Oct. 14, 1930 - March 7, 2013
Jane R. Jordan, 82, of Camanche, died Thursday, March 7, 2013, at the home of her daughter in Clinton.
Funeral services will be noon Monday, March 11, 2013, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche. Serving as pallbearers will be Nathan Davis, Dustin Hullinger, Ryan Davis, Matt Jordan, John Hullinger and Amy Hullinger. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Jane R. McCord was born on October 14, 1930, in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of John and Mildred (Anderson) McCord. She was a 1948 graduate of Clinton High School. She married Orley “Gene” Jordan on June 16, 1948, in Clinton; he died December 7, 1995.
Jane was a homemaker. In her earlier years she worked as a clerk at Sino’s Grocery Store on the north end and worked at Nielsen’s. She enjoyed traveling, reading and visiting with family and friends. She and her husband were members of the Moose Club. She was also a member of the Camanche Historical Society, the Camanche Historical Board and the Antique Auto Club.
Jane is survived by one son, Robert (Mary Ann) Jordan of Camanche; one daughter, Kathy (John) Hullinger of Clinton; 5 grandchildren: Matt (Abbey) Jordan, Amy Jordan, Nathan (Lindsey) Davis, Ryan Davis and Dustin (Stephany) Hullinger; three stepgrandchildren: Cary Hullinger, Jennifer Garcia and John (Amanda) Hullinger, III; six great-grandchildren: Logan, Caitlin, Addalea, MacKenzie, Avery, Lucinda and Gregory; six stepgreat-grandchildren: Marshelle, Jacquelyn, Ivan, Isaiah, Noah and Eli; her brother, John (Joyce) McCord of Bella Vista, Arkansas; and several nieces and nephews.
Jane was preceded in death by her parents, her husband; and one daughter, Pamela.
Memorials can be made to the Camanche Historical Society.
Death date: March 7, 2013
Oct. 14, 1930 - March 7, 2013
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines