Oct. 14, 1930 - March 7, 2013
Jane R. Jordan, 82, of Camanche, died Thursday, March 7, 2013, at the home of her daughter in Clinton.
Funeral services will be noon Monday, March 11, 2013, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche. Serving as pallbearers will be Nathan Davis, Dustin Hullinger, Ryan Davis, Matt Jordan, John Hullinger and Amy Hullinger. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Jane R. McCord was born on October 14, 1930, in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of John and Mildred (Anderson) McCord. She was a 1948 graduate of Clinton High School. She married Orley “Gene” Jordan on June 16, 1948, in Clinton; he died December 7, 1995.
Jane was a homemaker. In her earlier years she worked as a clerk at Sino’s Grocery Store on the north end and worked at Nielsen’s. She enjoyed traveling, reading and visiting with family and friends. She and her husband were members of the Moose Club. She was also a member of the Camanche Historical Society, the Camanche Historical Board and the Antique Auto Club.
Jane is survived by one son, Robert (Mary Ann) Jordan of Camanche; one daughter, Kathy (John) Hullinger of Clinton; 5 grandchildren: Matt (Abbey) Jordan, Amy Jordan, Nathan (Lindsey) Davis, Ryan Davis and Dustin (Stephany) Hullinger; three stepgrandchildren: Cary Hullinger, Jennifer Garcia and John (Amanda) Hullinger, III; six great-grandchildren: Logan, Caitlin, Addalea, MacKenzie, Avery, Lucinda and Gregory; six stepgreat-grandchildren: Marshelle, Jacquelyn, Ivan, Isaiah, Noah and Eli; her brother, John (Joyce) McCord of Bella Vista, Arkansas; and several nieces and nephews.
Jane was preceded in death by her parents, her husband; and one daughter, Pamela.
Memorials can be made to the Camanche Historical Society.
Death date: March 7, 2013
Oct. 14, 1930 - March 7, 2013
- Ida Mae Balk Ida Mae Balk July 5, 1921 - Dec. 18, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Ida Mae Balk, 92, of Resthave Nursing Home in Morrison; formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at Resthave Nursing Home in Morrison. A funeral service will be held at
- David "Dave" L. Brinkmeier SAVANNA, Ill. -- David "Dave" L. Brinkmeier, 62, of Savanna, died Wednesday, at his home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the First United Methodist Church in Savanna, with Reverend Sejoon Jang officiating. Burial will take pla
- John Mark Maddy John Mark Maddy March 17, 1950 - Dec. 13, 2013 GHENT, Ky. -- John Mark Maddy, 63 of Ghent, Kentucky and formerly of Clinton, Iowa, passed away December 13, 2013. He was a loving husband, an amazing father, a caring brother, proud grandpa and trusted
- Gordon L. 'Gordie' Milroy Gordon L. "Gordie" Milroy Sept. 26, 1935 - Dec. 19, 2013 CLINTON -- Gordon L. "Gordie" Milroy, age 78, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, December 19, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. In following Gordon's wishes cremation rites have been accorded.
- Lisa A. Snodgrass OXFORD JUNCTION -- Lisa A. Snodgrass, 52, of Oxford Junction, died Wednesday, at her home in Oxford Junction. Friends and family may gather in remembrance of Lisa on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the bistro at the Carson Celebration of Life Center
- Kathryn Faye Patch MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Kathryn Faye Patch, 65, of Mount Carroll, died Wednesday at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 7 p.m. Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount C
- Yvonne H. Lanagan Hunter Yvonne H. Lanagan Hunter 1921 - Dec. 2, 2013 SALT LAKE CITY -- Yvonne H. Lanagan Hunter, known to a generation of Webster Groves, Mo., and Chicago-area high school students as an inspirational and demanding English teacher and journalism advisor, di
- Ida Mae Balk MORRISON, Ill. -- Ida Mae Balk, 92, of Morrison, formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday, at Resthave Nursing Home in Morrison. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. Visit
- Charles L. Allen Maquoketa Charles L. Allen Charles L. Allen, 89, of Maquoketa, died Wednesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Paul F. Christian Mount Carroll, Ill. Paul F. Christian Paul F. Christian, 54, of Mount Carroll, formerly of Pinole, Calif., died Tuesday, at Morrison Community Hospital. Arrangements are pending at the Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mt. Carroll.
- More Obituaries Headlines