Oct. 14, 1930 - March 7, 2013
Jane R. Jordan, 82, of Camanche, died Thursday, March 7, 2013, at the home of her daughter in Clinton.
Funeral services will be noon Monday, March 11, 2013, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche. Serving as pallbearers will be Nathan Davis, Dustin Hullinger, Ryan Davis, Matt Jordan, John Hullinger and Amy Hullinger. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Jane R. McCord was born on October 14, 1930, in Chicago, Illinois, the daughter of John and Mildred (Anderson) McCord. She was a 1948 graduate of Clinton High School. She married Orley “Gene” Jordan on June 16, 1948, in Clinton; he died December 7, 1995.
Jane was a homemaker. In her earlier years she worked as a clerk at Sino’s Grocery Store on the north end and worked at Nielsen’s. She enjoyed traveling, reading and visiting with family and friends. She and her husband were members of the Moose Club. She was also a member of the Camanche Historical Society, the Camanche Historical Board and the Antique Auto Club.
Jane is survived by one son, Robert (Mary Ann) Jordan of Camanche; one daughter, Kathy (John) Hullinger of Clinton; 5 grandchildren: Matt (Abbey) Jordan, Amy Jordan, Nathan (Lindsey) Davis, Ryan Davis and Dustin (Stephany) Hullinger; three stepgrandchildren: Cary Hullinger, Jennifer Garcia and John (Amanda) Hullinger, III; six great-grandchildren: Logan, Caitlin, Addalea, MacKenzie, Avery, Lucinda and Gregory; six stepgreat-grandchildren: Marshelle, Jacquelyn, Ivan, Isaiah, Noah and Eli; her brother, John (Joyce) McCord of Bella Vista, Arkansas; and several nieces and nephews.
Jane was preceded in death by her parents, her husband; and one daughter, Pamela.
Memorials can be made to the Camanche Historical Society.
Death date: March 7, 2013
Oct. 14, 1930 - March 7, 2013
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines