May 8, 1924 - March 8, 2013
Evelyn Jane Huffman, 88, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on March 8, 2013.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday, March 13, at 11 a.m. at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. A visitation will be held one hour prior to the funeral service from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. at the funeral home. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Evelyn was born on May 8, 1924, in Boone, Iowa, the daughter of John and Eva (Becker) Sas. She was united in marriage to Glenn Huffman on September 26, 1941, in Boone, Iowa.
Evelyn worked at Dairy Pak for many years. She enjoyed sewing and cooking. She was very involved with her family and took great pride and loved taking care of her family. She will be greatly missed.
Evelyn is survived by five daughters: Charlotte (Ron) Dean of Clermont, FL, Jane (Richard) Anderson of Clinton, IA, Joan Shadle of Clinton, IA, Linda Landers of Henderson, KY, and Connie (Don) Hendrix of New Braunfels, TX; thirteen grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Glenn; her son, Michael; and three brothers.
Memorials may be directed to the family of Evelyn Huffman.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 8, 2013
May 8, 1924 - March 8, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines