Aug. 11, 1939 - March 8, 2013
Gerald E. Martin, 73, of Camanche, IA, died Friday, March 8, 2013, at Hope Creek Care Center, East Moline, IL.
Funeral services will be held at noon Thursday, March 14, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Visitation will be held from 10 a.m. until the service hour Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery where full military honors will be conducted.
Gerald was born August 11, 1939, in Clinton, IA, the son of Earl and Mildred A. (Holt) Martin. Gerald was a 1958 Clinton High graduate; he received his BA and BTH degrees from Nebraska Christian College and his Master of Divinity from Lincoln Christian Seminary. Gerald married Sandy Howard on October 16, 1960, in Clinton, Iowa.
Col. Gerald E. Martin had been a chaplain in the United States Army for more than 23 years, retiring in 1997. Prior to his military service, he had been a minister in local churches.
Col. Martin is survived by his wife, Sandy, of Clinton; son, Daniel (Robbie) Martin of Elgin, SC; son-in-law, Adam Rogers of Colorado Spring, CO; grandson, Ryan Martin of Elgin, SC; and his sister, Alice V. Fulton of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents; daughter, Dee Jai Martin Rogers; brothers, Robert and Richard Martin; and sister, Mildred Dorsey.
Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 8, 2013
Aug. 11, 1939 - March 8, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines