Aug. 11, 1939 - March 8, 2013
Gerald E. Martin, 73, of Camanche, IA, died Friday, March 8, 2013, at Hope Creek Care Center, East Moline, IL.
Funeral services will be held at noon Thursday, March 14, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Visitation will be held from 10 a.m. until the service hour Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery where full military honors will be conducted.
Gerald was born August 11, 1939, in Clinton, IA, the son of Earl and Mildred A. (Holt) Martin. Gerald was a 1958 Clinton High graduate; he received his BA and BTH degrees from Nebraska Christian College and his Master of Divinity from Lincoln Christian Seminary. Gerald married Sandy Howard on October 16, 1960, in Clinton, Iowa.
Col. Gerald E. Martin had been a chaplain in the United States Army for more than 23 years, retiring in 1997. Prior to his military service, he had been a minister in local churches.
Col. Martin is survived by his wife, Sandy, of Clinton; son, Daniel (Robbie) Martin of Elgin, SC; son-in-law, Adam Rogers of Colorado Spring, CO; grandson, Ryan Martin of Elgin, SC; and his sister, Alice V. Fulton of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents; daughter, Dee Jai Martin Rogers; brothers, Robert and Richard Martin; and sister, Mildred Dorsey.
Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 8, 2013
Aug. 11, 1939 - March 8, 2013
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines