Aug. 11, 1939 - March 8, 2013
Gerald E. Martin, 73, of Camanche, IA, died Friday, March 8, 2013, at Hope Creek Care Center, East Moline, IL.
Funeral services will be held at noon Thursday, March 14, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Visitation will be held from 10 a.m. until the service hour Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery where full military honors will be conducted.
Gerald was born August 11, 1939, in Clinton, IA, the son of Earl and Mildred A. (Holt) Martin. Gerald was a 1958 Clinton High graduate; he received his BA and BTH degrees from Nebraska Christian College and his Master of Divinity from Lincoln Christian Seminary. Gerald married Sandy Howard on October 16, 1960, in Clinton, Iowa.
Col. Gerald E. Martin had been a chaplain in the United States Army for more than 23 years, retiring in 1997. Prior to his military service, he had been a minister in local churches.
Col. Martin is survived by his wife, Sandy, of Clinton; son, Daniel (Robbie) Martin of Elgin, SC; son-in-law, Adam Rogers of Colorado Spring, CO; grandson, Ryan Martin of Elgin, SC; and his sister, Alice V. Fulton of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents; daughter, Dee Jai Martin Rogers; brothers, Robert and Richard Martin; and sister, Mildred Dorsey.
Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 8, 2013
Aug. 11, 1939 - March 8, 2013
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines