Aug. 11, 1939 - March 8, 2013
Gerald E. Martin, 73, of Camanche, IA, died Friday, March 8, 2013, at Hope Creek Care Center, East Moline, IL.
Funeral services will be held at noon Thursday, March 14, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Visitation will be held from 10 a.m. until the service hour Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery where full military honors will be conducted.
Gerald was born August 11, 1939, in Clinton, IA, the son of Earl and Mildred A. (Holt) Martin. Gerald was a 1958 Clinton High graduate; he received his BA and BTH degrees from Nebraska Christian College and his Master of Divinity from Lincoln Christian Seminary. Gerald married Sandy Howard on October 16, 1960, in Clinton, Iowa.
Col. Gerald E. Martin had been a chaplain in the United States Army for more than 23 years, retiring in 1997. Prior to his military service, he had been a minister in local churches.
Col. Martin is survived by his wife, Sandy, of Clinton; son, Daniel (Robbie) Martin of Elgin, SC; son-in-law, Adam Rogers of Colorado Spring, CO; grandson, Ryan Martin of Elgin, SC; and his sister, Alice V. Fulton of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents; daughter, Dee Jai Martin Rogers; brothers, Robert and Richard Martin; and sister, Mildred Dorsey.
Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer’s Association.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 8, 2013
Aug. 11, 1939 - March 8, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines