Vincent J. Hahn
July 9, 1931 - Nov. 7, 2013
GRAND MOUND — Vincent J. Hahn, 82, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Thursday, November 7, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-East, Davenport, Iowa.
Vince was born July 9, 1931, in Grand Mound, Iowa, the son of Harry and Ursula (Kaeferstein) Hahn. He attended school at St. Anne’s until 8th grade, and graduated from St. Joseph High School.
Vince was drafted into the Army in 1951. After basic training in Fort Riley, Kansas, he volunteered for Airborne School at Fort Benning, Georgia. He graduated as a qualified parachutist in 1952 and served in the 508th Unit for the remaining two years. On May 18, 1957, Vince was united in marriage to Regina Elaine Vens at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Big Rock, Iowa.
He farmed south of Grand Mound for several years. Additionally, Vince worked in and retired from the Tool and Die department at Caterpillar in Mt. Joy, Iowa. After nearly 54 wonderful years together, Regina preceded him in death on May 10, 2011.
Vince was a longtime member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. He was also a member of the Grand Mound American Legion Post #622. Vince was proud to have donated several gallons of blood to the Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center.
He also gave the gift of hope and life through the Iowa Donor Network. Vince enjoyed working outside, attending family events, and going to the movies. He was a devoted husband, father and friend. He especially treasured time spent with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Surviving are children, Barb (Rob) McReynolds, Wheat Ridge, Colorado, Linda (Mark) Schoening, DeWitt, and David (Donna) Hahn, Des Moines; grandchildren, Mitch Schoening, Megan McReynolds, Kristina Rankins, Mo McReynolds and Danielle Hahn; great-grandchildren, William Rankins, and Audrey “Nicole” Grove; siblings, Margaret, Monica, George, Bernadette, Donald, Madonna, and Dorothy; many nieces and nephews; numerous other relatives and friends.
In addition to his loving wife, Regina, Vince was preceded in death by grandchildren, Neil McReynolds and Drew and Dena Schoening; siblings, Sister Dolores, Clarice, Jim, and Rita.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4:00 until 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 19, 2013, with a Rosary at 4:00 p.m. A funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 20, 2013, in Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Rev. Fr. Bill Kneemiller will officiate. Interment will follow at Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound. In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, memorials are suggested to Saints Philip and James Church Building Fund or your favorite charity.
Grandchildren will serve as pallbearers.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfunerlhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 7, 2013
Vincent J. Hahn
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines