Vincent J. Hahn
July 9, 1931 - Nov. 7, 2013
GRAND MOUND — Vincent J. Hahn, 82, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Thursday, November 7, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-East, Davenport, Iowa.
Vince was born July 9, 1931, in Grand Mound, Iowa, the son of Harry and Ursula (Kaeferstein) Hahn. He attended school at St. Anne’s until 8th grade, and graduated from St. Joseph High School.
Vince was drafted into the Army in 1951. After basic training in Fort Riley, Kansas, he volunteered for Airborne School at Fort Benning, Georgia. He graduated as a qualified parachutist in 1952 and served in the 508th Unit for the remaining two years. On May 18, 1957, Vince was united in marriage to Regina Elaine Vens at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Big Rock, Iowa.
He farmed south of Grand Mound for several years. Additionally, Vince worked in and retired from the Tool and Die department at Caterpillar in Mt. Joy, Iowa. After nearly 54 wonderful years together, Regina preceded him in death on May 10, 2011.
Vince was a longtime member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. He was also a member of the Grand Mound American Legion Post #622. Vince was proud to have donated several gallons of blood to the Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center.
He also gave the gift of hope and life through the Iowa Donor Network. Vince enjoyed working outside, attending family events, and going to the movies. He was a devoted husband, father and friend. He especially treasured time spent with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Surviving are children, Barb (Rob) McReynolds, Wheat Ridge, Colorado, Linda (Mark) Schoening, DeWitt, and David (Donna) Hahn, Des Moines; grandchildren, Mitch Schoening, Megan McReynolds, Kristina Rankins, Mo McReynolds and Danielle Hahn; great-grandchildren, William Rankins, and Audrey “Nicole” Grove; siblings, Margaret, Monica, George, Bernadette, Donald, Madonna, and Dorothy; many nieces and nephews; numerous other relatives and friends.
In addition to his loving wife, Regina, Vince was preceded in death by grandchildren, Neil McReynolds and Drew and Dena Schoening; siblings, Sister Dolores, Clarice, Jim, and Rita.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4:00 until 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 19, 2013, with a Rosary at 4:00 p.m. A funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 20, 2013, in Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Rev. Fr. Bill Kneemiller will officiate. Interment will follow at Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound. In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, memorials are suggested to Saints Philip and James Church Building Fund or your favorite charity.
Grandchildren will serve as pallbearers.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfunerlhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 7, 2013
Vincent J. Hahn
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines