Vincent J. Hahn
July 9, 1931 - Nov. 7, 2013
GRAND MOUND — Vincent J. Hahn, 82, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Thursday, November 7, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-East, Davenport, Iowa.
Vince was born July 9, 1931, in Grand Mound, Iowa, the son of Harry and Ursula (Kaeferstein) Hahn. He attended school at St. Anne’s until 8th grade, and graduated from St. Joseph High School.
Vince was drafted into the Army in 1951. After basic training in Fort Riley, Kansas, he volunteered for Airborne School at Fort Benning, Georgia. He graduated as a qualified parachutist in 1952 and served in the 508th Unit for the remaining two years. On May 18, 1957, Vince was united in marriage to Regina Elaine Vens at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Big Rock, Iowa.
He farmed south of Grand Mound for several years. Additionally, Vince worked in and retired from the Tool and Die department at Caterpillar in Mt. Joy, Iowa. After nearly 54 wonderful years together, Regina preceded him in death on May 10, 2011.
Vince was a longtime member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. He was also a member of the Grand Mound American Legion Post #622. Vince was proud to have donated several gallons of blood to the Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center.
He also gave the gift of hope and life through the Iowa Donor Network. Vince enjoyed working outside, attending family events, and going to the movies. He was a devoted husband, father and friend. He especially treasured time spent with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Surviving are children, Barb (Rob) McReynolds, Wheat Ridge, Colorado, Linda (Mark) Schoening, DeWitt, and David (Donna) Hahn, Des Moines; grandchildren, Mitch Schoening, Megan McReynolds, Kristina Rankins, Mo McReynolds and Danielle Hahn; great-grandchildren, William Rankins, and Audrey “Nicole” Grove; siblings, Margaret, Monica, George, Bernadette, Donald, Madonna, and Dorothy; many nieces and nephews; numerous other relatives and friends.
In addition to his loving wife, Regina, Vince was preceded in death by grandchildren, Neil McReynolds and Drew and Dena Schoening; siblings, Sister Dolores, Clarice, Jim, and Rita.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4:00 until 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 19, 2013, with a Rosary at 4:00 p.m. A funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 20, 2013, in Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Rev. Fr. Bill Kneemiller will officiate. Interment will follow at Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound. In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, memorials are suggested to Saints Philip and James Church Building Fund or your favorite charity.
Grandchildren will serve as pallbearers.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfunerlhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 7, 2013
Vincent J. Hahn
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines