Vincent J. Hahn
July 9, 1931 - Nov. 7, 2013
GRAND MOUND — Vincent J. Hahn, 82, of Grand Mound, Iowa, died Thursday, November 7, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center-East, Davenport, Iowa.
Vince was born July 9, 1931, in Grand Mound, Iowa, the son of Harry and Ursula (Kaeferstein) Hahn. He attended school at St. Anne’s until 8th grade, and graduated from St. Joseph High School.
Vince was drafted into the Army in 1951. After basic training in Fort Riley, Kansas, he volunteered for Airborne School at Fort Benning, Georgia. He graduated as a qualified parachutist in 1952 and served in the 508th Unit for the remaining two years. On May 18, 1957, Vince was united in marriage to Regina Elaine Vens at St. Patrick Catholic Church in Big Rock, Iowa.
He farmed south of Grand Mound for several years. Additionally, Vince worked in and retired from the Tool and Die department at Caterpillar in Mt. Joy, Iowa. After nearly 54 wonderful years together, Regina preceded him in death on May 10, 2011.
Vince was a longtime member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. He was also a member of the Grand Mound American Legion Post #622. Vince was proud to have donated several gallons of blood to the Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center.
He also gave the gift of hope and life through the Iowa Donor Network. Vince enjoyed working outside, attending family events, and going to the movies. He was a devoted husband, father and friend. He especially treasured time spent with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Surviving are children, Barb (Rob) McReynolds, Wheat Ridge, Colorado, Linda (Mark) Schoening, DeWitt, and David (Donna) Hahn, Des Moines; grandchildren, Mitch Schoening, Megan McReynolds, Kristina Rankins, Mo McReynolds and Danielle Hahn; great-grandchildren, William Rankins, and Audrey “Nicole” Grove; siblings, Margaret, Monica, George, Bernadette, Donald, Madonna, and Dorothy; many nieces and nephews; numerous other relatives and friends.
In addition to his loving wife, Regina, Vince was preceded in death by grandchildren, Neil McReynolds and Drew and Dena Schoening; siblings, Sister Dolores, Clarice, Jim, and Rita.
Family and friends may visit at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4:00 until 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 19, 2013, with a Rosary at 4:00 p.m. A funeral liturgy will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, November 20, 2013, in Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound. The Rev. Fr. Bill Kneemiller will officiate. Interment will follow at Calvary Cemetery, Grand Mound. In lieu of other expressions of sympathy, memorials are suggested to Saints Philip and James Church Building Fund or your favorite charity.
Grandchildren will serve as pallbearers.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfunerlhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 7, 2013
Vincent J. Hahn
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- More Obituaries Headlines