March 9, 1920 - March 18, 2013
Helen B. Mueller, 93, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Monday, March 18, 2013, at Mercy Living Center North, Clinton.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 22, 2013, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 21, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Helen was born March 9, 1920, in Morrison, Illinois, the daughter of the Rev. Otto and Ottilie (Simantel) Schumacher. Helen was educated at Immanuel Lutheran School and graduated from Freeport High School, Freeport, Illinois. She married Dr. Gilbert John Mueller on August 31, 1940, in Freeport, Illinois; he passed away July 24, 2004. Helen had been employed as the bookkeeper for her husband’s optometric practice, Mueller Optometry in Clinton. She retired in 1990.
Helen was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and very active in Trinity Ladies Aid and the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League. She also taught Sunday school for many years. In addition, she was an avid card player and played bridge at the Boat Club for many years.
Survivors include her son and daughter-in-law, John and Joye Mueller of Clinton; three grandchildren: Jay (Margie) Mueller of Fulton, IL, Paula Mueller of Fairfax, VA, and Tricia (Garrick) Lankford of Elkhart, IN; granddaughter-in-law, Denise Mueller of Elkhart, IN; eight great-grandchildren; sister, Marie Schult of Freeport, IL; a niece and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her husband; son, Roger; grandson, Greg; nephew, James Schult; and parents.
Memorials may be made to the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Trinity Lutheran Church or a charity of your choice.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 18, 2013
March 9, 1920 - March 18, 2013
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines