March 9, 1920 - March 18, 2013
Helen B. Mueller, 93, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Monday, March 18, 2013, at Mercy Living Center North, Clinton.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 22, 2013, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 21, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Helen was born March 9, 1920, in Morrison, Illinois, the daughter of the Rev. Otto and Ottilie (Simantel) Schumacher. Helen was educated at Immanuel Lutheran School and graduated from Freeport High School, Freeport, Illinois. She married Dr. Gilbert John Mueller on August 31, 1940, in Freeport, Illinois; he passed away July 24, 2004. Helen had been employed as the bookkeeper for her husband’s optometric practice, Mueller Optometry in Clinton. She retired in 1990.
Helen was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and very active in Trinity Ladies Aid and the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League. She also taught Sunday school for many years. In addition, she was an avid card player and played bridge at the Boat Club for many years.
Survivors include her son and daughter-in-law, John and Joye Mueller of Clinton; three grandchildren: Jay (Margie) Mueller of Fulton, IL, Paula Mueller of Fairfax, VA, and Tricia (Garrick) Lankford of Elkhart, IN; granddaughter-in-law, Denise Mueller of Elkhart, IN; eight great-grandchildren; sister, Marie Schult of Freeport, IL; a niece and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her husband; son, Roger; grandson, Greg; nephew, James Schult; and parents.
Memorials may be made to the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Trinity Lutheran Church or a charity of your choice.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 18, 2013
March 9, 1920 - March 18, 2013
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines