March 9, 1920 - March 18, 2013
Helen B. Mueller, 93, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Monday, March 18, 2013, at Mercy Living Center North, Clinton.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 22, 2013, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 21, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Helen was born March 9, 1920, in Morrison, Illinois, the daughter of the Rev. Otto and Ottilie (Simantel) Schumacher. Helen was educated at Immanuel Lutheran School and graduated from Freeport High School, Freeport, Illinois. She married Dr. Gilbert John Mueller on August 31, 1940, in Freeport, Illinois; he passed away July 24, 2004. Helen had been employed as the bookkeeper for her husband’s optometric practice, Mueller Optometry in Clinton. She retired in 1990.
Helen was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and very active in Trinity Ladies Aid and the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League. She also taught Sunday school for many years. In addition, she was an avid card player and played bridge at the Boat Club for many years.
Survivors include her son and daughter-in-law, John and Joye Mueller of Clinton; three grandchildren: Jay (Margie) Mueller of Fulton, IL, Paula Mueller of Fairfax, VA, and Tricia (Garrick) Lankford of Elkhart, IN; granddaughter-in-law, Denise Mueller of Elkhart, IN; eight great-grandchildren; sister, Marie Schult of Freeport, IL; a niece and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her husband; son, Roger; grandson, Greg; nephew, James Schult; and parents.
Memorials may be made to the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Trinity Lutheran Church or a charity of your choice.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 18, 2013
March 9, 1920 - March 18, 2013
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Willard Henricksen PRESTON -- Willard Henricksen, 96, of Preston, died Friday at Crest Ridge Care Center in Maquoketa. Cremation rites will be accorded and inurnment will take place at a later date. Death date: April 18, 2014 Willard Henricksen
- Ralph D. 'Buddy' Mundhank Ralph D. 'Buddy' Mundhank May 18, 1937 - April 18, 2014 DAVENPORT -- Ralph D. "Buddy" Mundhank, 76, of Davenport, went to be with the Lord Friday, April 18, 2014 at his home in Clinton. A memorial gathering for friends and family will be Monday (4/21
- Susan 'Sue' M. Wing Susan 'Sue' M. Wing Nov. 9, 1950 - April 18, 2014 CLINTON -- Susan "Sue" M. Wing, 63, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, April 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton, Iowa. A Memorial Gathering will be held on Tuesday, April 22, 2014
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Edward 'Ed' Traum EdWard 'Ed' Traum June 20, 1943 - April 18, 2014 MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Edward "Ed" Traum, loving Husband, Father, Grandfather, Brother and Uncle, passed into heaven Friday, April 18, 2014, at the age of 70, with the loving care of his family, at home
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- More Obituaries Headlines