March 9, 1920 - March 18, 2013
Helen B. Mueller, 93, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Monday, March 18, 2013, at Mercy Living Center North, Clinton.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday, March 22, 2013, at Trinity Lutheran Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, March 21, 2013, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Helen was born March 9, 1920, in Morrison, Illinois, the daughter of the Rev. Otto and Ottilie (Simantel) Schumacher. Helen was educated at Immanuel Lutheran School and graduated from Freeport High School, Freeport, Illinois. She married Dr. Gilbert John Mueller on August 31, 1940, in Freeport, Illinois; he passed away July 24, 2004. Helen had been employed as the bookkeeper for her husband’s optometric practice, Mueller Optometry in Clinton. She retired in 1990.
Helen was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and very active in Trinity Ladies Aid and the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League. She also taught Sunday school for many years. In addition, she was an avid card player and played bridge at the Boat Club for many years.
Survivors include her son and daughter-in-law, John and Joye Mueller of Clinton; three grandchildren: Jay (Margie) Mueller of Fulton, IL, Paula Mueller of Fairfax, VA, and Tricia (Garrick) Lankford of Elkhart, IN; granddaughter-in-law, Denise Mueller of Elkhart, IN; eight great-grandchildren; sister, Marie Schult of Freeport, IL; a niece and a nephew.
She was preceded in death by her husband; son, Roger; grandson, Greg; nephew, James Schult; and parents.
Memorials may be made to the Holden Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Iowa, Trinity Lutheran Church or a charity of your choice.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 18, 2013
March 9, 1920 - March 18, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines