Oct. 20, 1921 - March 20, 2013
Virgil H. Eggers, 91, of Clinton and formerly of DeWitt and Teeds Grove, passed away Wednesday, March 20, 2013, at Prairie Hills, Clinton. Services will be held at a later date. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
Virgil was born October 20, 1921, in Teeds Grove, Iowa, the son of Albert and Agnes (Hass) Eggers. He married Arlene Thomsen on June 13, 1944, in Del Rio, TX. Virgil farmed his entire life near Teeds Grove. He and Arlene moved to DeWitt after retiring.
Survivors include his wife, Arlene, of Clinton; son, David (Vickie) Eggers of Teeds Grove, Iowa; three grandchildren, Jason (Buffy) Monahan of Michigan, Christopher (Holly) Monahan of Minneapolis MN, and Frances (Tyler) Owen of Victoria, KS; four great-grandchildren, a niece, a nephew and several great-nieces and great-nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two daughters, Carlyn Monahan and Janet Ryder; and his sister.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: March 20, 2013
Oct. 20, 1921 - March 20, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines