July 27, 1942 - March 20, 2013
Mildred Arlene Huss, 89, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at Mercy Living Center, South Campus, on March 20, 2013.
At Mildred’s request, her body was donated to the Carver College of Medicine at the University of Iowa. A memorial service will be planned at a later date and burial will take place in Perry, Iowa. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Mildred was born May 19, 1923, in Boone, Iowa, the daughter of Sherman and Nora (Fairchild) Hinman. She was a graduate of Luther High School and attended a business school in Des Moines, Iowa, and later was employed at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
On July 27, 1942, she married Edward Huss in Cheyenne, Wyoming. After Ed returned from military service in 1946, they owned and operated a farm implement business for many years in Perry, Iowa.
Mildred and Ed enjoyed 13 winters in south Texas together. After her husband’s death in 1992, she moved to Iowa City, Iowa. In 2001, she moved to Clinton, Iowa. She enjoyed reading and visiting family, friends and her neighbors.
She was a member of the Church of the Visitation in Camanche, Iowa.
Mildred is survived by three children: Gary (Bonnie) Huss of Camanche, IA, Dr. Chuck (Pam) Huss of Iowa City, IA, and Barbara (Joe Shepherd) Bys of Pleasant Prairie, WI; three grandchildren: Heather Hill of Milwaukee, WI, Amy Krueger of Macon, GA, and Joey Bolek of Bolingbrook, IL; eight great-grandchildren; and stepgrandson, Curtis Enochson of Waterloo, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Ed; and three brothers, Carl, Howard and Bernard Hinman.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 20, 2013
July 27, 1942 - March 20, 2013
- Donald L. Pauley THOMSON, Ill. -- Donald "Don" L. Pauley, 68, of Thomson, died Friday, Dec. 20, 2013 at Genesis Medical Center West, Davenport. The funeral service will be 10 a.m., Monday, Dec. 23, 2013 at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home, Mount Carroll, Ill., with Rev
- Ricky J. Petersen DERBY, Kan. - Petersen, Ricky Jay, age 62, retired Rainbows United employee, passed away Thursday, December 19, 2013. Visitation 1-8 PM Sunday with family receiving friends 5-7 PM, Funeral Service 2 PM Monday, December 23, both at Smith Mortuary, 141
- Thomas R. Spier PORT BYRON, Ill. -- Thomas R. Spier, 71, of Port Byron, died Sept. 27, 2013 after a 10-month battle against bladder cancer. His granddaughter, Stella Ranee Salas was born Oct. 7th in San Antonio, TX. A memorial service to celebrate Tom's life and th
- Charles Allen MAQUOKETA -- Charles L. Allen, 89, of Maquoketa, died Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013, at his home in Maquoketa. A graveside service and burial celebrating his life will be 10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 26, 2013, at the East Iron Hill Cemetery, rural Maquoketa. Th
- John J. Flynn HANOVER, Ill. -- John J. Flynn, age 58, of Hanover, died Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2013 at his home. The funeral service will be 10 a.m. Monday, Dec. 23, 2013 at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Hanover, with the Rev. David Vidler officiating. Burial will take pl
- Ida Mae Balk Ida Mae Balk July 5, 1921 - Dec. 18, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Ida Mae Balk, 92, of Resthave Nursing Home in Morrison; formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday, December 18, 2013 at Resthave Nursing Home in Morrison. A funeral service will be held at
- David "Dave" L. Brinkmeier SAVANNA, Ill. -- David "Dave" L. Brinkmeier, 62, of Savanna, died Wednesday, at his home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday at the First United Methodist Church in Savanna, with Reverend Sejoon Jang officiating. Burial will take pla
- John Mark Maddy John Mark Maddy March 17, 1950 - Dec. 13, 2013 GHENT, Ky. -- John Mark Maddy, 63 of Ghent, Kentucky and formerly of Clinton, Iowa, passed away December 13, 2013. He was a loving husband, an amazing father, a caring brother, proud grandpa and trusted
- Gordon L. 'Gordie' Milroy Gordon L. "Gordie" Milroy Sept. 26, 1935 - Dec. 19, 2013 CLINTON -- Gordon L. "Gordie" Milroy, age 78, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, December 19, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. In following Gordon's wishes cremation rites have been accorded.
- Lisa A. Snodgrass OXFORD JUNCTION -- Lisa A. Snodgrass, 52, of Oxford Junction, died Wednesday, at her home in Oxford Junction. Friends and family may gather in remembrance of Lisa on Sunday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the bistro at the Carson Celebration of Life Center
- More Obituaries Headlines