July 27, 1942 - March 20, 2013
Mildred Arlene Huss, 89, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at Mercy Living Center, South Campus, on March 20, 2013.
At Mildred’s request, her body was donated to the Carver College of Medicine at the University of Iowa. A memorial service will be planned at a later date and burial will take place in Perry, Iowa. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Mildred was born May 19, 1923, in Boone, Iowa, the daughter of Sherman and Nora (Fairchild) Hinman. She was a graduate of Luther High School and attended a business school in Des Moines, Iowa, and later was employed at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
On July 27, 1942, she married Edward Huss in Cheyenne, Wyoming. After Ed returned from military service in 1946, they owned and operated a farm implement business for many years in Perry, Iowa.
Mildred and Ed enjoyed 13 winters in south Texas together. After her husband’s death in 1992, she moved to Iowa City, Iowa. In 2001, she moved to Clinton, Iowa. She enjoyed reading and visiting family, friends and her neighbors.
She was a member of the Church of the Visitation in Camanche, Iowa.
Mildred is survived by three children: Gary (Bonnie) Huss of Camanche, IA, Dr. Chuck (Pam) Huss of Iowa City, IA, and Barbara (Joe Shepherd) Bys of Pleasant Prairie, WI; three grandchildren: Heather Hill of Milwaukee, WI, Amy Krueger of Macon, GA, and Joey Bolek of Bolingbrook, IL; eight great-grandchildren; and stepgrandson, Curtis Enochson of Waterloo, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Ed; and three brothers, Carl, Howard and Bernard Hinman.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 20, 2013
July 27, 1942 - March 20, 2013
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines