July 27, 1942 - March 20, 2013
Mildred Arlene Huss, 89, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at Mercy Living Center, South Campus, on March 20, 2013.
At Mildred’s request, her body was donated to the Carver College of Medicine at the University of Iowa. A memorial service will be planned at a later date and burial will take place in Perry, Iowa. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Mildred was born May 19, 1923, in Boone, Iowa, the daughter of Sherman and Nora (Fairchild) Hinman. She was a graduate of Luther High School and attended a business school in Des Moines, Iowa, and later was employed at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
On July 27, 1942, she married Edward Huss in Cheyenne, Wyoming. After Ed returned from military service in 1946, they owned and operated a farm implement business for many years in Perry, Iowa.
Mildred and Ed enjoyed 13 winters in south Texas together. After her husband’s death in 1992, she moved to Iowa City, Iowa. In 2001, she moved to Clinton, Iowa. She enjoyed reading and visiting family, friends and her neighbors.
She was a member of the Church of the Visitation in Camanche, Iowa.
Mildred is survived by three children: Gary (Bonnie) Huss of Camanche, IA, Dr. Chuck (Pam) Huss of Iowa City, IA, and Barbara (Joe Shepherd) Bys of Pleasant Prairie, WI; three grandchildren: Heather Hill of Milwaukee, WI, Amy Krueger of Macon, GA, and Joey Bolek of Bolingbrook, IL; eight great-grandchildren; and stepgrandson, Curtis Enochson of Waterloo, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Ed; and three brothers, Carl, Howard and Bernard Hinman.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 20, 2013
July 27, 1942 - March 20, 2013
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines