July 27, 1942 - March 20, 2013
Mildred Arlene Huss, 89, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at Mercy Living Center, South Campus, on March 20, 2013.
At Mildred’s request, her body was donated to the Carver College of Medicine at the University of Iowa. A memorial service will be planned at a later date and burial will take place in Perry, Iowa. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Mildred was born May 19, 1923, in Boone, Iowa, the daughter of Sherman and Nora (Fairchild) Hinman. She was a graduate of Luther High School and attended a business school in Des Moines, Iowa, and later was employed at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa.
On July 27, 1942, she married Edward Huss in Cheyenne, Wyoming. After Ed returned from military service in 1946, they owned and operated a farm implement business for many years in Perry, Iowa.
Mildred and Ed enjoyed 13 winters in south Texas together. After her husband’s death in 1992, she moved to Iowa City, Iowa. In 2001, she moved to Clinton, Iowa. She enjoyed reading and visiting family, friends and her neighbors.
She was a member of the Church of the Visitation in Camanche, Iowa.
Mildred is survived by three children: Gary (Bonnie) Huss of Camanche, IA, Dr. Chuck (Pam) Huss of Iowa City, IA, and Barbara (Joe Shepherd) Bys of Pleasant Prairie, WI; three grandchildren: Heather Hill of Milwaukee, WI, Amy Krueger of Macon, GA, and Joey Bolek of Bolingbrook, IL; eight great-grandchildren; and stepgrandson, Curtis Enochson of Waterloo, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Ed; and three brothers, Carl, Howard and Bernard Hinman.
Memorials may be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 20, 2013
July 27, 1942 - March 20, 2013
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines