Oct. 2, 1923 - Sept. 27, 2012
Edward E. “Ed” Rehr, age 88, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, September 27, 2012 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton.
In following Ed’s wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A Memorial Service will be held at 11:30 a.m. on Monday, October 1st at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Clinton. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Ed was born in Lyons on October 2, 1923, the son of Leonard and Fern (Miller) Rehr. He married Martha Best on June 20, 1948 in Clinton. Martha passed away on September 15, 1991. He later married Norma Schneider on June 24, 2001 in Clinton. Ed was employed with the Curtis Company, for many years at Clinton Corn Processing Company and later with Central Steel from where he retired. He was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church.
He enjoyed fishing, gardening, feeding and watching the birds, playing bingo and pool. He was a fan of the Chicago Cubs and Iowa Hawkeyes.
Ed is survived by his wife, Norma; a son, Mark Rehr of DeWitt; a granddaughter, Rachael; two great granddaughters; three step-children, Jeff (Shari) Schneider of Clintonville, WI, Larry (Rose) Schneider of Freeport, IL and Linda Schneider of Clinton; nine step-grandchildren; six step-great granddaughters; three step-great grandsons and a step-sister, Sally Ballie of Chicago.
He was preceded in death by his parents, six brothers and a step-brother.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Sept. 27, 2012
Oct. 2, 1923 - Sept. 27, 2012
- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, died Thursday, at her home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory with Rev. Chris Minor-Heilig officiating. Burial will be in
- Robert Petersen Clinton Robert Petersen Robert Petersen, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Leslie C. Chandler Clinton Leslie C. Chandler Leslie C. Chandler, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday, Mercy Medical Center North. A funeral Mass will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial visitation will be Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Clint
- Carl Junior Anderson Carl Junior Anderson Oct. 19, 2013 - Dec. 5, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Carl Junior Anderson loved his country, veterans and collecting and shooting his guns. He died at age 73 in Thomson, Illinois, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at his home surrounded by hi
- Madonna Finch Clinton Madonna Finch Madonna Finch, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Nora Glazier LYNDON, Ill. -- Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Morrison Chapel of the
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- More Obituaries Headlines