Aug. 4, 1925 - Aug. 11, 2012
Betty L. Jennings, 87, of Muscatine, passed away on Saturday, August 11, 2012, at the Lutheran Homes in Muscatine.
Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at 11 a.m. at the First Christian Church. Pastor Alex Kindred will officiate. Following the memorial service a time of food and fellowship will be held at the First Christian Church. Memorials may be directed to the First Christian Church in memory of Betty. Sympathy notes may be left for the Jennings family at www.lewisfuneralhomes.com.
Betty Lou Brauer was born on August 4, 1925, in Clinton, Iowa the daughter of Frank F. and Irene L. (Allessee) Brauer. On June 20, 1942, Betty was united in marriage to Ermin A. Jennings in Kahoka, MO. Betty worked for the Muscatine City Hall and Court House for 15 years. She enjoyed fishing, bowling, sewing, and playing the slot machines. Betty and Ermin enjoyed traveling the United States with their RV together.
Betty will be deeply missed by her son, Ray Jennings, and his wife, Virginia, of Muscatine, Iowa, and daughter, Linda, and her husband, George, of Allamuchy, NJ; three grandchildren, Andrew and Kristi Telschow and Scott Jennings; two great-grandchildren, Tate and Simon Jennings; three sisters, Barbara Minte, of San Diego, CA, Sally Farr, of Los Angeles, CA, and Phyllis Blomme of Oelwein, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
Aug. 4, 1925 - Aug. 11, 2012
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Sandra L. Jones Sandra L. Jones Dec. 6, 1955 - Dec. 2, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Sandra L. Jones, 57, of Fulton, died Monday, December 2, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, December 6, 2013 at the Albany Uni
- Harlo Henningsen Harlo Henningsen Jan. 19, 1959 - Dec. 1, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Harlo Henningsen, 54, of Bettendorf, died suddenly on Sunday, December 1, 2013 at Trinity Unity Point in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013
- Veronica C. Determan Veronica C. Determan July 8, 1917 - Dec. 3, 2013 PRESTON -- Veronica C. Determan, age 96, of Preston, Iowa died Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at the Alverno in Clinton, Iowa. A Funeral Mass will be held 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 6, 2013 at St. Joseph
- Alfonso "Al" Antonio Cantu Jr. ELIZABETH, Ill. -- Alfonso "Al" Antonio Cantu Jr., 74, of Mt. Carroll, Ill. died Saturday, at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center, Peoria, Ill. A memorial service will be held 11 a.m. Saturday, at Law-Jones Funeral Home, 107 N. Main Street, Elizabeth. B
- Mary Knox Clinton Mary Knox Mary Knox, 85, of Clinton, died Tuesday, at The Alverno. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Home. Mary Knox
- More Obituaries Headlines