Aug. 4, 1925 - Aug. 11, 2012
Betty L. Jennings, 87, of Muscatine, passed away on Saturday, August 11, 2012, at the Lutheran Homes in Muscatine.
Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at 11 a.m. at the First Christian Church. Pastor Alex Kindred will officiate. Following the memorial service a time of food and fellowship will be held at the First Christian Church. Memorials may be directed to the First Christian Church in memory of Betty. Sympathy notes may be left for the Jennings family at www.lewisfuneralhomes.com.
Betty Lou Brauer was born on August 4, 1925, in Clinton, Iowa the daughter of Frank F. and Irene L. (Allessee) Brauer. On June 20, 1942, Betty was united in marriage to Ermin A. Jennings in Kahoka, MO. Betty worked for the Muscatine City Hall and Court House for 15 years. She enjoyed fishing, bowling, sewing, and playing the slot machines. Betty and Ermin enjoyed traveling the United States with their RV together.
Betty will be deeply missed by her son, Ray Jennings, and his wife, Virginia, of Muscatine, Iowa, and daughter, Linda, and her husband, George, of Allamuchy, NJ; three grandchildren, Andrew and Kristi Telschow and Scott Jennings; two great-grandchildren, Tate and Simon Jennings; three sisters, Barbara Minte, of San Diego, CA, Sally Farr, of Los Angeles, CA, and Phyllis Blomme of Oelwein, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
Aug. 4, 1925 - Aug. 11, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines