Aug. 4, 1925 - Aug. 11, 2012
Betty L. Jennings, 87, of Muscatine, passed away on Saturday, August 11, 2012, at the Lutheran Homes in Muscatine.
Funeral services will be held on Tuesday, August 14, 2012, at 11 a.m. at the First Christian Church. Pastor Alex Kindred will officiate. Following the memorial service a time of food and fellowship will be held at the First Christian Church. Memorials may be directed to the First Christian Church in memory of Betty. Sympathy notes may be left for the Jennings family at www.lewisfuneralhomes.com.
Betty Lou Brauer was born on August 4, 1925, in Clinton, Iowa the daughter of Frank F. and Irene L. (Allessee) Brauer. On June 20, 1942, Betty was united in marriage to Ermin A. Jennings in Kahoka, MO. Betty worked for the Muscatine City Hall and Court House for 15 years. She enjoyed fishing, bowling, sewing, and playing the slot machines. Betty and Ermin enjoyed traveling the United States with their RV together.
Betty will be deeply missed by her son, Ray Jennings, and his wife, Virginia, of Muscatine, Iowa, and daughter, Linda, and her husband, George, of Allamuchy, NJ; three grandchildren, Andrew and Kristi Telschow and Scott Jennings; two great-grandchildren, Tate and Simon Jennings; three sisters, Barbara Minte, of San Diego, CA, Sally Farr, of Los Angeles, CA, and Phyllis Blomme of Oelwein, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
Aug. 4, 1925 - Aug. 11, 2012
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines