Kevin Deon Smith
Jan. 11, 1985 - Aug. 11, 2012
Kevin Deon Smith, 27, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Saturday, August 11th, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, August 18, at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will take place from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, August 17, at the Church of the Open Door and also 1 hour before the 11 a.m. funeral service on Saturday. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Kevin was born January 11, 1985, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Kevin Deon Smith Sr. and Lalita Easter. He was a graduate of Highland Community College in Freeport, Illinois.
Kevin was diverse in several trades including a background as an electrician and also acquiring his CDL license; recently he was working for Economy Coating.
Kevin enjoyed playing video games, he also loved taking pictures especially of the sunrise and sunset. He loved the river especially jet skiing and swimming. He loved being around his family and the big family meals, Above all he loved playing with his children — especially teaching and watching his kids play sports.
Kevin is survived by his parents, Kevin Smith Sr. and Lalita Easter; 3 children, Myajia Smith, Naverah Smith, Najhir Smith; 4 sisters, DeJanea, Shontivia from Nashville, TN, Ashley and LaKisha; 5 brothers, Justin of Clinton, IA, Devon from Nashville, TN, Trever, Tyren, Trevon; grandparents, aunts, uncles and a host of family and friends.
He was preceded in death by his grandmother, great-grandparents and one aunt.
Memorials may be made out to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
Kevin Deon Smith
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines