Kevin Deon Smith
Jan. 11, 1985 - Aug. 11, 2012
Kevin Deon Smith, 27, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Saturday, August 11th, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, August 18, at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will take place from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, August 17, at the Church of the Open Door and also 1 hour before the 11 a.m. funeral service on Saturday. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Kevin was born January 11, 1985, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Kevin Deon Smith Sr. and Lalita Easter. He was a graduate of Highland Community College in Freeport, Illinois.
Kevin was diverse in several trades including a background as an electrician and also acquiring his CDL license; recently he was working for Economy Coating.
Kevin enjoyed playing video games, he also loved taking pictures especially of the sunrise and sunset. He loved the river especially jet skiing and swimming. He loved being around his family and the big family meals, Above all he loved playing with his children — especially teaching and watching his kids play sports.
Kevin is survived by his parents, Kevin Smith Sr. and Lalita Easter; 3 children, Myajia Smith, Naverah Smith, Najhir Smith; 4 sisters, DeJanea, Shontivia from Nashville, TN, Ashley and LaKisha; 5 brothers, Justin of Clinton, IA, Devon from Nashville, TN, Trever, Tyren, Trevon; grandparents, aunts, uncles and a host of family and friends.
He was preceded in death by his grandmother, great-grandparents and one aunt.
Memorials may be made out to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
Kevin Deon Smith
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines