Kevin Deon Smith
Jan. 11, 1985 - Aug. 11, 2012
Kevin Deon Smith, 27, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Saturday, August 11th, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, August 18, at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will take place from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, August 17, at the Church of the Open Door and also 1 hour before the 11 a.m. funeral service on Saturday. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Kevin was born January 11, 1985, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Kevin Deon Smith Sr. and Lalita Easter. He was a graduate of Highland Community College in Freeport, Illinois.
Kevin was diverse in several trades including a background as an electrician and also acquiring his CDL license; recently he was working for Economy Coating.
Kevin enjoyed playing video games, he also loved taking pictures especially of the sunrise and sunset. He loved the river especially jet skiing and swimming. He loved being around his family and the big family meals, Above all he loved playing with his children — especially teaching and watching his kids play sports.
Kevin is survived by his parents, Kevin Smith Sr. and Lalita Easter; 3 children, Myajia Smith, Naverah Smith, Najhir Smith; 4 sisters, DeJanea, Shontivia from Nashville, TN, Ashley and LaKisha; 5 brothers, Justin of Clinton, IA, Devon from Nashville, TN, Trever, Tyren, Trevon; grandparents, aunts, uncles and a host of family and friends.
He was preceded in death by his grandmother, great-grandparents and one aunt.
Memorials may be made out to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
Kevin Deon Smith
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines