Kevin Deon Smith
Jan. 11, 1985 - Aug. 11, 2012
Kevin Deon Smith, 27, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Saturday, August 11th, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, August 18, at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will take place from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, August 17, at the Church of the Open Door and also 1 hour before the 11 a.m. funeral service on Saturday. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Kevin was born January 11, 1985, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Kevin Deon Smith Sr. and Lalita Easter. He was a graduate of Highland Community College in Freeport, Illinois.
Kevin was diverse in several trades including a background as an electrician and also acquiring his CDL license; recently he was working for Economy Coating.
Kevin enjoyed playing video games, he also loved taking pictures especially of the sunrise and sunset. He loved the river especially jet skiing and swimming. He loved being around his family and the big family meals, Above all he loved playing with his children — especially teaching and watching his kids play sports.
Kevin is survived by his parents, Kevin Smith Sr. and Lalita Easter; 3 children, Myajia Smith, Naverah Smith, Najhir Smith; 4 sisters, DeJanea, Shontivia from Nashville, TN, Ashley and LaKisha; 5 brothers, Justin of Clinton, IA, Devon from Nashville, TN, Trever, Tyren, Trevon; grandparents, aunts, uncles and a host of family and friends.
He was preceded in death by his grandmother, great-grandparents and one aunt.
Memorials may be made out to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
Kevin Deon Smith
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines