Kevin Deon Smith
Jan. 11, 1985 - Aug. 11, 2012
Kevin Deon Smith, 27, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away on Saturday, August 11th, 2012.
Funeral service will take place at 11 a.m. on Saturday, August 18, at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will take place from 5 to 8 p.m. on Friday, August 17, at the Church of the Open Door and also 1 hour before the 11 a.m. funeral service on Saturday. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery immediately following the funeral service. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Kevin was born January 11, 1985, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Kevin Deon Smith Sr. and Lalita Easter. He was a graduate of Highland Community College in Freeport, Illinois.
Kevin was diverse in several trades including a background as an electrician and also acquiring his CDL license; recently he was working for Economy Coating.
Kevin enjoyed playing video games, he also loved taking pictures especially of the sunrise and sunset. He loved the river especially jet skiing and swimming. He loved being around his family and the big family meals, Above all he loved playing with his children — especially teaching and watching his kids play sports.
Kevin is survived by his parents, Kevin Smith Sr. and Lalita Easter; 3 children, Myajia Smith, Naverah Smith, Najhir Smith; 4 sisters, DeJanea, Shontivia from Nashville, TN, Ashley and LaKisha; 5 brothers, Justin of Clinton, IA, Devon from Nashville, TN, Trever, Tyren, Trevon; grandparents, aunts, uncles and a host of family and friends.
He was preceded in death by his grandmother, great-grandparents and one aunt.
Memorials may be made out to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 11, 2012
Kevin Deon Smith
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines