Dec. 10, 1935 - Aug. 13, 2012
Marletta Mae Franzen, 76, of Clinton, died Monday, August 13, 2012, at her home in Clinton.
The funeral Mass will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, August 16, 2012, at the Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, August 15, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Kevin and Adam Franzen, Ray, Frank and Paul Bickel and Butch Franzen.
Marletta Mae Bickel was born December 10, 1935, in rural Scott County, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Marletta (Hellberg) Bickel. She was a 1953 graduate of Lost Nation High School and was a graduate of Mount Mercy School of Nursing, Cedar Rapids. Marletta married James P. Franzen on July 23, 1955, in Lost Nation, Iowa.
She was employed as a nurse at Mercy Hospital for more than forty years, retiring in 1995.
She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish.
Survivors include her husband, James, of Clinton; son, Kevin (Natalie) Franzen of St. Louis, MO; daughters, Teresa Franzen of Clinton, IA, and Janelle Lindeman of Camanche, IA; grandchildren, Adam Franzen, Casey Kramer, Molly Lindeman, Clarisa Marten, Seana Marten, Chloe Lindeman and Christian Franzen; great-grandchildren, Braeden and Madalyn Kramer and Camila Franzen; sisters, Marlyss Bickel of DeWitt, IA; Ruth Ann Cost of Florida and Patricia (Bob) Pascuito of Jacksonville, FL; brothers, Raymond (Margaret) Bickel, Jr. of LaMotte, IA; Franklin Bickel of Grand Mound, IA, and Paul (Dot) Bickel of Colora, MD.
She was preceded in death by her parents and son, Thomas.
Memorials may be made to Prince of Peace. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 13, 2012
Dec. 10, 1935 - Aug. 13, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines