Dec. 10, 1935 - Aug. 13, 2012
Marletta Mae Franzen, 76, of Clinton, died Monday, August 13, 2012, at her home in Clinton.
The funeral Mass will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, August 16, 2012, at the Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, August 15, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Kevin and Adam Franzen, Ray, Frank and Paul Bickel and Butch Franzen.
Marletta Mae Bickel was born December 10, 1935, in rural Scott County, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Marletta (Hellberg) Bickel. She was a 1953 graduate of Lost Nation High School and was a graduate of Mount Mercy School of Nursing, Cedar Rapids. Marletta married James P. Franzen on July 23, 1955, in Lost Nation, Iowa.
She was employed as a nurse at Mercy Hospital for more than forty years, retiring in 1995.
She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish.
Survivors include her husband, James, of Clinton; son, Kevin (Natalie) Franzen of St. Louis, MO; daughters, Teresa Franzen of Clinton, IA, and Janelle Lindeman of Camanche, IA; grandchildren, Adam Franzen, Casey Kramer, Molly Lindeman, Clarisa Marten, Seana Marten, Chloe Lindeman and Christian Franzen; great-grandchildren, Braeden and Madalyn Kramer and Camila Franzen; sisters, Marlyss Bickel of DeWitt, IA; Ruth Ann Cost of Florida and Patricia (Bob) Pascuito of Jacksonville, FL; brothers, Raymond (Margaret) Bickel, Jr. of LaMotte, IA; Franklin Bickel of Grand Mound, IA, and Paul (Dot) Bickel of Colora, MD.
She was preceded in death by her parents and son, Thomas.
Memorials may be made to Prince of Peace. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 13, 2012
Dec. 10, 1935 - Aug. 13, 2012
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines