Dec. 10, 1935 - Aug. 13, 2012
Marletta Mae Franzen, 76, of Clinton, died Monday, August 13, 2012, at her home in Clinton.
The funeral Mass will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, August 16, 2012, at the Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, August 15, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Kevin and Adam Franzen, Ray, Frank and Paul Bickel and Butch Franzen.
Marletta Mae Bickel was born December 10, 1935, in rural Scott County, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Marletta (Hellberg) Bickel. She was a 1953 graduate of Lost Nation High School and was a graduate of Mount Mercy School of Nursing, Cedar Rapids. Marletta married James P. Franzen on July 23, 1955, in Lost Nation, Iowa.
She was employed as a nurse at Mercy Hospital for more than forty years, retiring in 1995.
She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish.
Survivors include her husband, James, of Clinton; son, Kevin (Natalie) Franzen of St. Louis, MO; daughters, Teresa Franzen of Clinton, IA, and Janelle Lindeman of Camanche, IA; grandchildren, Adam Franzen, Casey Kramer, Molly Lindeman, Clarisa Marten, Seana Marten, Chloe Lindeman and Christian Franzen; great-grandchildren, Braeden and Madalyn Kramer and Camila Franzen; sisters, Marlyss Bickel of DeWitt, IA; Ruth Ann Cost of Florida and Patricia (Bob) Pascuito of Jacksonville, FL; brothers, Raymond (Margaret) Bickel, Jr. of LaMotte, IA; Franklin Bickel of Grand Mound, IA, and Paul (Dot) Bickel of Colora, MD.
She was preceded in death by her parents and son, Thomas.
Memorials may be made to Prince of Peace. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 13, 2012
Dec. 10, 1935 - Aug. 13, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines