Dec. 10, 1935 - Aug. 13, 2012
Marletta Mae Franzen, 76, of Clinton, died Monday, August 13, 2012, at her home in Clinton.
The funeral Mass will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, August 16, 2012, at the Prince of Peace Catholic Church, Clinton. Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, August 15, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Pallbearers will be Kevin and Adam Franzen, Ray, Frank and Paul Bickel and Butch Franzen.
Marletta Mae Bickel was born December 10, 1935, in rural Scott County, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Marletta (Hellberg) Bickel. She was a 1953 graduate of Lost Nation High School and was a graduate of Mount Mercy School of Nursing, Cedar Rapids. Marletta married James P. Franzen on July 23, 1955, in Lost Nation, Iowa.
She was employed as a nurse at Mercy Hospital for more than forty years, retiring in 1995.
She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish.
Survivors include her husband, James, of Clinton; son, Kevin (Natalie) Franzen of St. Louis, MO; daughters, Teresa Franzen of Clinton, IA, and Janelle Lindeman of Camanche, IA; grandchildren, Adam Franzen, Casey Kramer, Molly Lindeman, Clarisa Marten, Seana Marten, Chloe Lindeman and Christian Franzen; great-grandchildren, Braeden and Madalyn Kramer and Camila Franzen; sisters, Marlyss Bickel of DeWitt, IA; Ruth Ann Cost of Florida and Patricia (Bob) Pascuito of Jacksonville, FL; brothers, Raymond (Margaret) Bickel, Jr. of LaMotte, IA; Franklin Bickel of Grand Mound, IA, and Paul (Dot) Bickel of Colora, MD.
She was preceded in death by her parents and son, Thomas.
Memorials may be made to Prince of Peace. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Aug. 13, 2012
Dec. 10, 1935 - Aug. 13, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines