March 16, 1947 - Sept. 4, 2012
Roy Carl Eversoll Jr. age 65, of Clinton, died Tuesday Sept. 4, 2012, at his home.
Funeral services will be held 10:30 a.m. Friday, Sept. 7, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home. Burial will be at Pine Grove Cemetery, Clinton. Casketbearers will be Phil Dorsey, Johnny Leab, Doug Jones, J.D. Dohrn, Phil Judd, Rod Eversoll, John Eversoll and Josh Christiansen.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Roy was born on March 16, 1947, in Clinton, the son of Roy and Iola (Parker) Eversoll Sr. He served in the U.S. Army from 1967-1969.
He married Martha Evers on March 13, 1976, in Clinton. Roy worked in construction and with Drive’s, Inc., where he retired. He enjoyed playing softball, where he played in local, state and national events. He enjoyed fishing, playing cards, bowling, doing yardwork, billiards and going to the casinos with his wife. Roy coached Little League and Pony League baseball for many years. He was an avid Iowa Hawkeyes fan.
Roy is survived by his wife, Martha, of Clinton; two sons, Beau (Cathy) Eversoll of Fulton, IL and Shane (Jenny) Eversoll of Camanche; three daughters, Alissa (Phil) Judd of Clinton, Erin (Josh Fuller) Eversoll of Clinton and Cari Eversoll of Camanche; 10 grandchildren; four brothers, Bill (Ginny) Eversoll of Clinton, Rich (Pat) Hamstra of Morrison, IL, Chuck (Judy) Hamstra of Albany, IL, and John (Sonja) Hamstra of New York, NY; and a sister, Donna (Joe) Schipper of Mesa, AZ.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Death date: Sept. 4, 2012
March 16, 1947 - Sept. 4, 2012
- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, died Thursday, at her home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory with Rev. Chris Minor-Heilig officiating. Burial will be in
- Robert Petersen Clinton Robert Petersen Robert Petersen, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Leslie C. Chandler Clinton Leslie C. Chandler Leslie C. Chandler, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday, Mercy Medical Center North. A funeral Mass will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial visitation will be Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Clint
- Carl Junior Anderson Carl Junior Anderson Oct. 19, 2013 - Dec. 5, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Carl Junior Anderson loved his country, veterans and collecting and shooting his guns. He died at age 73 in Thomson, Illinois, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at his home surrounded by hi
- Madonna Finch Clinton Madonna Finch Madonna Finch, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Nora Glazier LYNDON, Ill. -- Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Morrison Chapel of the
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- More Obituaries Headlines