In Loving Memory - Kenneth E. Vogel
Kenneth E. Vogel, 85, of Clinton, Iowa, died Sunday, September 16, 2012, at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics.
Services will be 11 a.m. Monday, November 5, 2012, at the National Cemetery, Rock Island Arsenal. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory assisted the family with arrangements.
Kenneth was born May 8, 1927, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Coe and Viola (Zirbes) Vogel. He married Betty Anthony on December 18, 1948, in Clinton, Iowa.
Kenneth was employed as a truck driver with Dohrn Transfer for more than 35 years; he also was employed at the Clinton County Landfill after retiring.
Kenneth was a World War II U.S. Navy veteran, serving on the Destroyer, USS Purdy. He was involved in the battle of Okinawa where he received the Bronze Star. He was a member of the Moose Club, the American Legion and AMVETS.
Survivors include his wife, Betty Vogel, of Clinton; sons, Thomas Vogel of San Antonio, TX; Christopher (Rachel) Vogel of Bellingham, WA, and Bill (Sue) Vogel of Urbana, IL; seven grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; half brothers, John Werner of Clinton and Donald (Kay) Werner of Walcott, IA; and half sister, Donna (David) Hartman of Annandale, VA.
He was preceded in death by his parents; son, Gary; and brother, Ray.
Online condolences may be left by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Sept. 16, 2012
In Loving Memory - Kenneth E. Vogel
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines