Oct. 11, 1917 - July 19, 2012
Evelyn Margaret (Wiese) Behrens, age 94, of rural Clinton, passed away peacefully in her sleep Thursday morning, July 19, 2012, with her son Gary at her side.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. until 11 a.m. Saturday, July 21, at the family home, 4165 115th Street, Clinton. A graveside service will follow at the Andover Cemetery. A lunch to celebrate her life will be served at Gary’s home after the service. The Pape Funeral Home is assisting the family.
Evelyn was born in rural Charlotte on October 11, 1917, the daughter of Frank and Ida (Grantz) Wiese. She was baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran faith. She attended Charlotte schools and received her teaching certificate from Mount St. Clare College. She taught in a one room schoolhouse in rural Charlotte before her marriage to Virtus Behrens on June 7, 1939. Virtus passed away in 1994. She and her husband farmed on the same Century Farm west of Teeds Grove since the early 1940’s, where she lived until her death. Evelyn lived next to her son and his family on the family farm and was a very helpful, loving, caring mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and great-grandmother to them all.
Evelyn loved her family, gardening, cooking and working on the farm. She crocheted rugs for most of her adult life and enjoyed giving them as gifts. Most of her grandchildren’s friends, who were always at the farm, will remember her as simply grandma too. She always served them lunch on their visits.
Evelyn is survived by survived her daughter, Betty (Ken) Spurbeck of Michigan; their children, Mark (Marlena) Spurbeck and their children Elijah and Micha of Colorado and Brenda Spurbeck of Tennessee; her son, Gary (Rojean) Behrens and their children, Chad (Toni) Behrens and their children, Emma and Jack of Clinton, and a stepgreat-granddaughter, MacKenzie, Cody Behrens and her son Blake of Clinton and Clay Behrens of Andover.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, her oldest grandson, Scott, a brother, Daryl Wiese, a sister, Dorothy Sorenson and her stepmother, Frieda Wiese.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: July 19, 2012
Oct. 11, 1917 - July 19, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines