Sept. 13, 1919 - Nov. 26, 2012
Dorothy Mardel Finch Pieczynski Oakes passed from this life on Monday, November 26, 2012. Dorothy resided at Prairie Hills where she enjoyed renewing friendships with classmates of years gone by and making many new ones.
Visitation will be Friday, November 30, 2012, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Graveside services will be at 1 p.m. at St. Mary’s Cemetery in Clinton.
Dorothy was born in Clinton to Ed and Clara (Hansen) Finch on September 13, 1919. She married Anton Pieczynski in March of 1938. Tony and Dorothy ran Tony’s Tavern on Camanche Avenue until 1954 when they opened Sportsman’s Exchange, 910 South 4th Street, Clinton. They retired to Bellevue, Iowa, where their love of antiques turned into a business, Heritage Antiques, which they owned and operated until 1982 when Tony passed away. Dorothy returned to Clinton and resided on Millcrest Court. In 1986, she married Tom Oakes; that marriage ended in divorce.
She shared a love of fishing with Tony all their married lives. Fishing Big & Little Winnie in Minnesota each year and trout on Bloody Run near Marquette and walleye at the Clinton and Bellevue dams on the Mississippi. Her other interests were golf, bowling and bridge. In the past she served as a grey lady for the Red Cross working at the Schick Hospital as an instructor teaching leathercraft and copper tooling. She was a Girl Scout and Cub Scout leader and introduced many of her children’s friends to the joy of fishing. She was also a member of Prince of Peace Catholic Church and the Clinton and Fulton Country clubs.
She is survived by her daughter, Rita (Mark) Waage and son, Richard (Trish) Peiczynski; nine grandchildren, three great-grandchildren, a sister, three sisters-in-law and numerous nieces and nephews and good friends, Donna and Ben Ehrhart.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Tony; one son, Frank in 2007; and infant son; her parents; brothers, Cliff, Bob, Earl, Chuck and Eddie Finch; a sister, Fay (Howard) Sentman; an infant sister; brothers-in-law, Walcow Pieczynski and Joe Pieczynski; and her special friend of more than twenty years, Bob Chalgren (2009); and her best friends, Lavina Bostock, Marion Doyle, Winnie Shull, Fran Ladehoff, Lucy Kurtz and Ann Lehman.
The family requests that memorials may be made to the American Heart Association.
Death date: Nov. 26, 2012
Sept. 13, 1919 - Nov. 26, 2012
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- Martin 'Marty' Fritz LANARK, Ill. -- Martin "Marty" Fritz, 89, of Lanark, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Brethren Church in Lanark, with Pastor E. C. Lathrop officiating. Military rit
- Richard S. “Dick” Lewandowski, Jr.
- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal OMAHA, Neb. -- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal, 71, of Omaha, died Feb. 13. Memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 with Captain Allen Otto officiating the service at the Salvation Army Citadel, 219 First Ave., with a luncheon to follow at the
- James L. 'Jamie' Yarolem BALDWIN -- James L. "Jamie" Yarolem, 48, of Baldwin, died Sunday at his mother's home in rural Baldwin. Friends and family may gather in remembrance on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Cremation has taken p
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen