July 30, 1916 - Dec. 11, 2012
Ruth A. Burger, age 96, of Clinton, formerly of Morrison, Ill., passed away Tuesday, December 11, 2012, at the Alverno healthcare facility.
Memorial services will be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, December 14, 2012, at the Pape Funeral Home. A gathering of family and friends will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the Alverno or the United Methodist Church of Morrison. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Ruth was born in Moulton, Iowa, on July 30, 1916, the daughter of Albert Ross and Grace Edna McClure Spurgeon. She graduated at the age of 16, the class valedictorian, from Udell Consolidated High School in Udell, Iowa, in 1933. Ruth married George Duty in 1935. She later married Howard Hanson in 1945. Howard passed away in 1961. She married Merle Burger in 1972. Merle passed away in 1973. Ruth had been employed at Carnation Milk Company until they closed, and later at Hub City Cleaners for over 40 years, both in Morrison. She was a member of the United Methodist Church of Morrison. Ruth enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren, was a cat lover and an avid St. Louis Cardinal fan.
Ruth is survived by a daughter, Charlene Miller of Clinton; a stepson, Ronald (Pat) Hanson of Morrison; three grandchildren, Scott (Tracy) Miller of Norwalk, Bradley (Theresa) Miller of Machesney Park, IL, and Carrie (Bob) Dickau of Fulton; two stepgranddaughters, Kim Given and Jennifer Raser, both of Morrison; a granddaughter-in-law, Kelly (Sid) Schaver of Albany; six great-grandchildren, Dannika, Ryan, Brianna, Kaitlin, Lucas and Cara; a great-great-granddaughter, Dakota; several stepgreat and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a grandson, Mark; a stepson, Howard Hanson Jr.; a stepgranddaughter, Cheryl; three brothers and two sisters.
Death date: Dec. 11, 2012
July 30, 1916 - Dec. 11, 2012
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines