July 30, 1916 - Dec. 11, 2012
Ruth A. Burger, age 96, of Clinton, formerly of Morrison, Ill., passed away Tuesday, December 11, 2012, at the Alverno healthcare facility.
Memorial services will be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, December 14, 2012, at the Pape Funeral Home. A gathering of family and friends will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the Alverno or the United Methodist Church of Morrison. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Ruth was born in Moulton, Iowa, on July 30, 1916, the daughter of Albert Ross and Grace Edna McClure Spurgeon. She graduated at the age of 16, the class valedictorian, from Udell Consolidated High School in Udell, Iowa, in 1933. Ruth married George Duty in 1935. She later married Howard Hanson in 1945. Howard passed away in 1961. She married Merle Burger in 1972. Merle passed away in 1973. Ruth had been employed at Carnation Milk Company until they closed, and later at Hub City Cleaners for over 40 years, both in Morrison. She was a member of the United Methodist Church of Morrison. Ruth enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren, was a cat lover and an avid St. Louis Cardinal fan.
Ruth is survived by a daughter, Charlene Miller of Clinton; a stepson, Ronald (Pat) Hanson of Morrison; three grandchildren, Scott (Tracy) Miller of Norwalk, Bradley (Theresa) Miller of Machesney Park, IL, and Carrie (Bob) Dickau of Fulton; two stepgranddaughters, Kim Given and Jennifer Raser, both of Morrison; a granddaughter-in-law, Kelly (Sid) Schaver of Albany; six great-grandchildren, Dannika, Ryan, Brianna, Kaitlin, Lucas and Cara; a great-great-granddaughter, Dakota; several stepgreat and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a grandson, Mark; a stepson, Howard Hanson Jr.; a stepgranddaughter, Cheryl; three brothers and two sisters.
Death date: Dec. 11, 2012
July 30, 1916 - Dec. 11, 2012
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines