July 30, 1916 - Dec. 11, 2012
Ruth A. Burger, age 96, of Clinton, formerly of Morrison, Ill., passed away Tuesday, December 11, 2012, at the Alverno healthcare facility.
Memorial services will be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, December 14, 2012, at the Pape Funeral Home. A gathering of family and friends will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the Alverno or the United Methodist Church of Morrison. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Ruth was born in Moulton, Iowa, on July 30, 1916, the daughter of Albert Ross and Grace Edna McClure Spurgeon. She graduated at the age of 16, the class valedictorian, from Udell Consolidated High School in Udell, Iowa, in 1933. Ruth married George Duty in 1935. She later married Howard Hanson in 1945. Howard passed away in 1961. She married Merle Burger in 1972. Merle passed away in 1973. Ruth had been employed at Carnation Milk Company until they closed, and later at Hub City Cleaners for over 40 years, both in Morrison. She was a member of the United Methodist Church of Morrison. Ruth enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren, was a cat lover and an avid St. Louis Cardinal fan.
Ruth is survived by a daughter, Charlene Miller of Clinton; a stepson, Ronald (Pat) Hanson of Morrison; three grandchildren, Scott (Tracy) Miller of Norwalk, Bradley (Theresa) Miller of Machesney Park, IL, and Carrie (Bob) Dickau of Fulton; two stepgranddaughters, Kim Given and Jennifer Raser, both of Morrison; a granddaughter-in-law, Kelly (Sid) Schaver of Albany; six great-grandchildren, Dannika, Ryan, Brianna, Kaitlin, Lucas and Cara; a great-great-granddaughter, Dakota; several stepgreat and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a grandson, Mark; a stepson, Howard Hanson Jr.; a stepgranddaughter, Cheryl; three brothers and two sisters.
Death date: Dec. 11, 2012
July 30, 1916 - Dec. 11, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines