July 30, 1916 - Dec. 11, 2012
Ruth A. Burger, age 96, of Clinton, formerly of Morrison, Ill., passed away Tuesday, December 11, 2012, at the Alverno healthcare facility.
Memorial services will be held at 2 p.m. on Friday, December 14, 2012, at the Pape Funeral Home. A gathering of family and friends will be from 1 to 2 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the Alverno or the United Methodist Church of Morrison. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Ruth was born in Moulton, Iowa, on July 30, 1916, the daughter of Albert Ross and Grace Edna McClure Spurgeon. She graduated at the age of 16, the class valedictorian, from Udell Consolidated High School in Udell, Iowa, in 1933. Ruth married George Duty in 1935. She later married Howard Hanson in 1945. Howard passed away in 1961. She married Merle Burger in 1972. Merle passed away in 1973. Ruth had been employed at Carnation Milk Company until they closed, and later at Hub City Cleaners for over 40 years, both in Morrison. She was a member of the United Methodist Church of Morrison. Ruth enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren, was a cat lover and an avid St. Louis Cardinal fan.
Ruth is survived by a daughter, Charlene Miller of Clinton; a stepson, Ronald (Pat) Hanson of Morrison; three grandchildren, Scott (Tracy) Miller of Norwalk, Bradley (Theresa) Miller of Machesney Park, IL, and Carrie (Bob) Dickau of Fulton; two stepgranddaughters, Kim Given and Jennifer Raser, both of Morrison; a granddaughter-in-law, Kelly (Sid) Schaver of Albany; six great-grandchildren, Dannika, Ryan, Brianna, Kaitlin, Lucas and Cara; a great-great-granddaughter, Dakota; several stepgreat and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a grandson, Mark; a stepson, Howard Hanson Jr.; a stepgranddaughter, Cheryl; three brothers and two sisters.
Death date: Dec. 11, 2012
July 30, 1916 - Dec. 11, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines