LANARK, Ill. —
Aug. 5, 1970 - Dec. 27, 2012
Ellen Marie Kennedy, age 42, of Lanark, Illinois, died Thursday, December 27, 2012, at her home after a courageous battle with breast cancer.
A funeral service will be held at 9 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012, at the Lanark United Methodist Church, Lanark, with the Reverend Kathryn Ling officiating. Burial will be in Oakville Cemetery, rural Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the Frank-Law-Jones-Funeral Home, Mount Carroll. A memorial fund has been established in Ellen’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Ellen was born on August 5, 1970, the daughter of William and Maryellen (Autra) Gelatt in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. She graduated from Honesdale High School with the class of 1988. Ellen enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1989 and served her country for eight years. Ellen married Patrick H. Kennedy on November 5, 1992, on the Misawa United States Air Force Base in Misawa, Japan. Ellen and her family later moved to Maryland where she attended the University of Maryland. She was a member of Phi Kappa Phi and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science in 1996. Ellen later earned a Master’s Degree in electronic commerce in 2005 and a Master’s in business management in 2006.
Ellen worked in the field of Internet security for several companies. Most recently she worked for Hewlett Packard monitoring their Select Access Program. She was a member of C.A.S.A. and the Lanark United Methodist Church. She enjoyed biking, traveling and quilting. She also enjoyed photography and creating custom jewelry and stained glass windows. Most of all, Ellen loved spending time with her family.
Ellen will be dearly missed by her husband, Patrick; one son, Kurt Kennedy and one daughter, Karalicia Kennedy all of Lanark; and two sisters, Katie (Ray) Bulthius of Ripon, California, and Terri (Chris) Larken of Moline, Illinois.
Ellen was preceded in death by her parents.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
LANARK, Ill. —
Aug. 5, 1970 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines