LANARK, Ill. —
Aug. 5, 1970 - Dec. 27, 2012
Ellen Marie Kennedy, age 42, of Lanark, Illinois, died Thursday, December 27, 2012, at her home after a courageous battle with breast cancer.
A funeral service will be held at 9 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012, at the Lanark United Methodist Church, Lanark, with the Reverend Kathryn Ling officiating. Burial will be in Oakville Cemetery, rural Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the Frank-Law-Jones-Funeral Home, Mount Carroll. A memorial fund has been established in Ellen’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Ellen was born on August 5, 1970, the daughter of William and Maryellen (Autra) Gelatt in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. She graduated from Honesdale High School with the class of 1988. Ellen enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1989 and served her country for eight years. Ellen married Patrick H. Kennedy on November 5, 1992, on the Misawa United States Air Force Base in Misawa, Japan. Ellen and her family later moved to Maryland where she attended the University of Maryland. She was a member of Phi Kappa Phi and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science in 1996. Ellen later earned a Master’s Degree in electronic commerce in 2005 and a Master’s in business management in 2006.
Ellen worked in the field of Internet security for several companies. Most recently she worked for Hewlett Packard monitoring their Select Access Program. She was a member of C.A.S.A. and the Lanark United Methodist Church. She enjoyed biking, traveling and quilting. She also enjoyed photography and creating custom jewelry and stained glass windows. Most of all, Ellen loved spending time with her family.
Ellen will be dearly missed by her husband, Patrick; one son, Kurt Kennedy and one daughter, Karalicia Kennedy all of Lanark; and two sisters, Katie (Ray) Bulthius of Ripon, California, and Terri (Chris) Larken of Moline, Illinois.
Ellen was preceded in death by her parents.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
LANARK, Ill. —
Aug. 5, 1970 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines