LANARK, Ill. —
Aug. 5, 1970 - Dec. 27, 2012
Ellen Marie Kennedy, age 42, of Lanark, Illinois, died Thursday, December 27, 2012, at her home after a courageous battle with breast cancer.
A funeral service will be held at 9 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012, at the Lanark United Methodist Church, Lanark, with the Reverend Kathryn Ling officiating. Burial will be in Oakville Cemetery, rural Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the Frank-Law-Jones-Funeral Home, Mount Carroll. A memorial fund has been established in Ellen’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Ellen was born on August 5, 1970, the daughter of William and Maryellen (Autra) Gelatt in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. She graduated from Honesdale High School with the class of 1988. Ellen enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1989 and served her country for eight years. Ellen married Patrick H. Kennedy on November 5, 1992, on the Misawa United States Air Force Base in Misawa, Japan. Ellen and her family later moved to Maryland where she attended the University of Maryland. She was a member of Phi Kappa Phi and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science in 1996. Ellen later earned a Master’s Degree in electronic commerce in 2005 and a Master’s in business management in 2006.
Ellen worked in the field of Internet security for several companies. Most recently she worked for Hewlett Packard monitoring their Select Access Program. She was a member of C.A.S.A. and the Lanark United Methodist Church. She enjoyed biking, traveling and quilting. She also enjoyed photography and creating custom jewelry and stained glass windows. Most of all, Ellen loved spending time with her family.
Ellen will be dearly missed by her husband, Patrick; one son, Kurt Kennedy and one daughter, Karalicia Kennedy all of Lanark; and two sisters, Katie (Ray) Bulthius of Ripon, California, and Terri (Chris) Larken of Moline, Illinois.
Ellen was preceded in death by her parents.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
LANARK, Ill. —
Aug. 5, 1970 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines