LANARK, Ill. —
Aug. 5, 1970 - Dec. 27, 2012
Ellen Marie Kennedy, age 42, of Lanark, Illinois, died Thursday, December 27, 2012, at her home after a courageous battle with breast cancer.
A funeral service will be held at 9 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012, at the Lanark United Methodist Church, Lanark, with the Reverend Kathryn Ling officiating. Burial will be in Oakville Cemetery, rural Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the Frank-Law-Jones-Funeral Home, Mount Carroll. A memorial fund has been established in Ellen’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Ellen was born on August 5, 1970, the daughter of William and Maryellen (Autra) Gelatt in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. She graduated from Honesdale High School with the class of 1988. Ellen enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1989 and served her country for eight years. Ellen married Patrick H. Kennedy on November 5, 1992, on the Misawa United States Air Force Base in Misawa, Japan. Ellen and her family later moved to Maryland where she attended the University of Maryland. She was a member of Phi Kappa Phi and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science in 1996. Ellen later earned a Master’s Degree in electronic commerce in 2005 and a Master’s in business management in 2006.
Ellen worked in the field of Internet security for several companies. Most recently she worked for Hewlett Packard monitoring their Select Access Program. She was a member of C.A.S.A. and the Lanark United Methodist Church. She enjoyed biking, traveling and quilting. She also enjoyed photography and creating custom jewelry and stained glass windows. Most of all, Ellen loved spending time with her family.
Ellen will be dearly missed by her husband, Patrick; one son, Kurt Kennedy and one daughter, Karalicia Kennedy all of Lanark; and two sisters, Katie (Ray) Bulthius of Ripon, California, and Terri (Chris) Larken of Moline, Illinois.
Ellen was preceded in death by her parents.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
LANARK, Ill. —
Aug. 5, 1970 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines