LANARK, Ill. —
Aug. 5, 1970 - Dec. 27, 2012
Ellen Marie Kennedy, age 42, of Lanark, Illinois, died Thursday, December 27, 2012, at her home after a courageous battle with breast cancer.
A funeral service will be held at 9 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012, at the Lanark United Methodist Church, Lanark, with the Reverend Kathryn Ling officiating. Burial will be in Oakville Cemetery, rural Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the Frank-Law-Jones-Funeral Home, Mount Carroll. A memorial fund has been established in Ellen’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Ellen was born on August 5, 1970, the daughter of William and Maryellen (Autra) Gelatt in Honesdale, Pennsylvania. She graduated from Honesdale High School with the class of 1988. Ellen enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1989 and served her country for eight years. Ellen married Patrick H. Kennedy on November 5, 1992, on the Misawa United States Air Force Base in Misawa, Japan. Ellen and her family later moved to Maryland where she attended the University of Maryland. She was a member of Phi Kappa Phi and earned a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science in 1996. Ellen later earned a Master’s Degree in electronic commerce in 2005 and a Master’s in business management in 2006.
Ellen worked in the field of Internet security for several companies. Most recently she worked for Hewlett Packard monitoring their Select Access Program. She was a member of C.A.S.A. and the Lanark United Methodist Church. She enjoyed biking, traveling and quilting. She also enjoyed photography and creating custom jewelry and stained glass windows. Most of all, Ellen loved spending time with her family.
Ellen will be dearly missed by her husband, Patrick; one son, Kurt Kennedy and one daughter, Karalicia Kennedy all of Lanark; and two sisters, Katie (Ray) Bulthius of Ripon, California, and Terri (Chris) Larken of Moline, Illinois.
Ellen was preceded in death by her parents.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
LANARK, Ill. —
Aug. 5, 1970 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines