Aug. 2, 1951 - Dec. 31, 2012
Mary Janeen Morehead, 61, of Calamus, Iowa, died Monday morning, December 31, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, West Campus, Davenport.
She was born Mary Janeen DeMoss to Dillon and Mildred (Ihrig) DeMoss on August 2, 1951, in Maquoketa, Iowa. She graduated from Andrew Community High School in 1969. She was united in marriage to William Morehead on July 20, 1969, at Salem Lutheran Church in Andrew, Iowa. Mary was a homemaker for many years prior to working as a baker and waitress at I-80 Truck Stop. She also worked as a shift supervisor at Hancock Fabrics leading to the start of her business, Mary’s Creations.
Mary was a longtime member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Chuch, Calamus. She enjoyed spending time with her family, especially her three granddaughters. She also enjoyed playing cards, cooking, baking and sewing. She and Bill loved the time they spent together selling her crafts at shows all across the Midwest.
She is survived by her loving husband of 43 years, Bill; her three sons, Jeffrey (Ruby) Morehead of Williamsburg, Iowa, Joseph Morehead and Christopher Morehead of Dixon, Iowa; granddaughters, Kathryn and Caroline Morehead, and Elizabeth Goddard; brothers, Fred (Iola) DeMoss of Yucca, Arizona, Ken (Carolyn) DeMoss of Charlotte, Iowa, and Bernie (Chris) DeMoss of Calamus; a sister, Bonnie (Ken) Grau of Maquoketa, Iowa.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her daughter, Janeen.
Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4 until 7 p.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013. A Service of Christian Burial will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, January 4, 2013, in Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, rural Calamus, with the Reverend Sarah E. Kretzmann officiating. Burial will follow in Kvindherred Cemetery, rural Calamus. The family suggests memorials to Our Savior’s Lutheran Church or the American Cancer Society.
Pallbearers will be John and Brandon Green, Kane, Nate and Pat Grau, Delbert, Jim, Mike and Austin DeMoss.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Dec. 31, 2012
Aug. 2, 1951 - Dec. 31, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines