Aug. 2, 1951 - Dec. 31, 2012
Mary Janeen Morehead, 61, of Calamus, Iowa, died Monday morning, December 31, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, West Campus, Davenport.
She was born Mary Janeen DeMoss to Dillon and Mildred (Ihrig) DeMoss on August 2, 1951, in Maquoketa, Iowa. She graduated from Andrew Community High School in 1969. She was united in marriage to William Morehead on July 20, 1969, at Salem Lutheran Church in Andrew, Iowa. Mary was a homemaker for many years prior to working as a baker and waitress at I-80 Truck Stop. She also worked as a shift supervisor at Hancock Fabrics leading to the start of her business, Mary’s Creations.
Mary was a longtime member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Chuch, Calamus. She enjoyed spending time with her family, especially her three granddaughters. She also enjoyed playing cards, cooking, baking and sewing. She and Bill loved the time they spent together selling her crafts at shows all across the Midwest.
She is survived by her loving husband of 43 years, Bill; her three sons, Jeffrey (Ruby) Morehead of Williamsburg, Iowa, Joseph Morehead and Christopher Morehead of Dixon, Iowa; granddaughters, Kathryn and Caroline Morehead, and Elizabeth Goddard; brothers, Fred (Iola) DeMoss of Yucca, Arizona, Ken (Carolyn) DeMoss of Charlotte, Iowa, and Bernie (Chris) DeMoss of Calamus; a sister, Bonnie (Ken) Grau of Maquoketa, Iowa.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her daughter, Janeen.
Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4 until 7 p.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013. A Service of Christian Burial will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, January 4, 2013, in Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, rural Calamus, with the Reverend Sarah E. Kretzmann officiating. Burial will follow in Kvindherred Cemetery, rural Calamus. The family suggests memorials to Our Savior’s Lutheran Church or the American Cancer Society.
Pallbearers will be John and Brandon Green, Kane, Nate and Pat Grau, Delbert, Jim, Mike and Austin DeMoss.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Dec. 31, 2012
Aug. 2, 1951 - Dec. 31, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines