Aug. 2, 1951 - Dec. 31, 2012
Mary Janeen Morehead, 61, of Calamus, Iowa, died Monday morning, December 31, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, West Campus, Davenport.
She was born Mary Janeen DeMoss to Dillon and Mildred (Ihrig) DeMoss on August 2, 1951, in Maquoketa, Iowa. She graduated from Andrew Community High School in 1969. She was united in marriage to William Morehead on July 20, 1969, at Salem Lutheran Church in Andrew, Iowa. Mary was a homemaker for many years prior to working as a baker and waitress at I-80 Truck Stop. She also worked as a shift supervisor at Hancock Fabrics leading to the start of her business, Mary’s Creations.
Mary was a longtime member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Chuch, Calamus. She enjoyed spending time with her family, especially her three granddaughters. She also enjoyed playing cards, cooking, baking and sewing. She and Bill loved the time they spent together selling her crafts at shows all across the Midwest.
She is survived by her loving husband of 43 years, Bill; her three sons, Jeffrey (Ruby) Morehead of Williamsburg, Iowa, Joseph Morehead and Christopher Morehead of Dixon, Iowa; granddaughters, Kathryn and Caroline Morehead, and Elizabeth Goddard; brothers, Fred (Iola) DeMoss of Yucca, Arizona, Ken (Carolyn) DeMoss of Charlotte, Iowa, and Bernie (Chris) DeMoss of Calamus; a sister, Bonnie (Ken) Grau of Maquoketa, Iowa.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her daughter, Janeen.
Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4 until 7 p.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013. A Service of Christian Burial will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, January 4, 2013, in Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, rural Calamus, with the Reverend Sarah E. Kretzmann officiating. Burial will follow in Kvindherred Cemetery, rural Calamus. The family suggests memorials to Our Savior’s Lutheran Church or the American Cancer Society.
Pallbearers will be John and Brandon Green, Kane, Nate and Pat Grau, Delbert, Jim, Mike and Austin DeMoss.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Dec. 31, 2012
Aug. 2, 1951 - Dec. 31, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines