Aug. 2, 1951 - Dec. 31, 2012
Mary Janeen Morehead, 61, of Calamus, Iowa, died Monday morning, December 31, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, West Campus, Davenport.
She was born Mary Janeen DeMoss to Dillon and Mildred (Ihrig) DeMoss on August 2, 1951, in Maquoketa, Iowa. She graduated from Andrew Community High School in 1969. She was united in marriage to William Morehead on July 20, 1969, at Salem Lutheran Church in Andrew, Iowa. Mary was a homemaker for many years prior to working as a baker and waitress at I-80 Truck Stop. She also worked as a shift supervisor at Hancock Fabrics leading to the start of her business, Mary’s Creations.
Mary was a longtime member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Chuch, Calamus. She enjoyed spending time with her family, especially her three granddaughters. She also enjoyed playing cards, cooking, baking and sewing. She and Bill loved the time they spent together selling her crafts at shows all across the Midwest.
She is survived by her loving husband of 43 years, Bill; her three sons, Jeffrey (Ruby) Morehead of Williamsburg, Iowa, Joseph Morehead and Christopher Morehead of Dixon, Iowa; granddaughters, Kathryn and Caroline Morehead, and Elizabeth Goddard; brothers, Fred (Iola) DeMoss of Yucca, Arizona, Ken (Carolyn) DeMoss of Charlotte, Iowa, and Bernie (Chris) DeMoss of Calamus; a sister, Bonnie (Ken) Grau of Maquoketa, Iowa.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her daughter, Janeen.
Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4 until 7 p.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013. A Service of Christian Burial will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, January 4, 2013, in Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, rural Calamus, with the Reverend Sarah E. Kretzmann officiating. Burial will follow in Kvindherred Cemetery, rural Calamus. The family suggests memorials to Our Savior’s Lutheran Church or the American Cancer Society.
Pallbearers will be John and Brandon Green, Kane, Nate and Pat Grau, Delbert, Jim, Mike and Austin DeMoss.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Dec. 31, 2012
Aug. 2, 1951 - Dec. 31, 2012
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines