Aug. 2, 1951 - Dec. 31, 2012
Mary Janeen Morehead, 61, of Calamus, Iowa, died Monday morning, December 31, 2012, at Genesis Medical Center, West Campus, Davenport.
She was born Mary Janeen DeMoss to Dillon and Mildred (Ihrig) DeMoss on August 2, 1951, in Maquoketa, Iowa. She graduated from Andrew Community High School in 1969. She was united in marriage to William Morehead on July 20, 1969, at Salem Lutheran Church in Andrew, Iowa. Mary was a homemaker for many years prior to working as a baker and waitress at I-80 Truck Stop. She also worked as a shift supervisor at Hancock Fabrics leading to the start of her business, Mary’s Creations.
Mary was a longtime member of Our Savior’s Lutheran Chuch, Calamus. She enjoyed spending time with her family, especially her three granddaughters. She also enjoyed playing cards, cooking, baking and sewing. She and Bill loved the time they spent together selling her crafts at shows all across the Midwest.
She is survived by her loving husband of 43 years, Bill; her three sons, Jeffrey (Ruby) Morehead of Williamsburg, Iowa, Joseph Morehead and Christopher Morehead of Dixon, Iowa; granddaughters, Kathryn and Caroline Morehead, and Elizabeth Goddard; brothers, Fred (Iola) DeMoss of Yucca, Arizona, Ken (Carolyn) DeMoss of Charlotte, Iowa, and Bernie (Chris) DeMoss of Calamus; a sister, Bonnie (Ken) Grau of Maquoketa, Iowa.
She was preceded in death by her parents and her daughter, Janeen.
Friends may call at Schultz Funeral Home, Grand Mound, from 4 until 7 p.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013. A Service of Christian Burial will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, January 4, 2013, in Our Savior’s Lutheran Church, rural Calamus, with the Reverend Sarah E. Kretzmann officiating. Burial will follow in Kvindherred Cemetery, rural Calamus. The family suggests memorials to Our Savior’s Lutheran Church or the American Cancer Society.
Pallbearers will be John and Brandon Green, Kane, Nate and Pat Grau, Delbert, Jim, Mike and Austin DeMoss.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Dec. 31, 2012
Aug. 2, 1951 - Dec. 31, 2012
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines