Dec. 9, 1926 - Jan. 1, 2013
Wilma C. Rosenboom, 86, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away peacefully at her residence on Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, January 5, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, January 4, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at the Elvira Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Wilma was born December 9, 1926, in Low Moor, Iowa, the daughter of Wilhelm and Wilheminnie (Luebker) Hippler. She was a 1944 graduate of Clinton High School. She was united in marriage to Roy Rosenboom on August 8, 1961.
She was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church most of her life and served on many committees there. She was also a member of the Naomi Circle, the P.N.G. Club and a longtime subscriber to Circa 21 Dinner theater.
Wilma was a “roll up your sleeves and work” kind of gal. Most of her life was chronicled working on the farm, whether it was her and her husband’s farm, just south of Low Moor, or her relatives farm. She also went to Mount Saint College where she received a teaching certificate in 1945. For the next 20+ years she would teach elementary education at various country schools. Wilma loved her family and will be deeply missed.
Wilma is survived by two daughters, Joni Saling of Lathrop, MO, Lori (Dan) Peppmeier of Camanche, IA; two sons, David Rosenboom of Phoenix, AZ, Jerry Rosenboom of Camanche, IA; five grandchildren, Joel, Janelle, Joshua, Molly, Miranda; and one niece, Harriet Kukkuck of Preston, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one granddaughter, Paige; one son-in-law, James Saling; and one sister, Helen Kukkuck.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 1, 2013
Dec. 9, 1926 - Jan. 1, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines