Dec. 9, 1926 - Jan. 1, 2013
Wilma C. Rosenboom, 86, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away peacefully at her residence on Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, January 5, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, January 4, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at the Elvira Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Wilma was born December 9, 1926, in Low Moor, Iowa, the daughter of Wilhelm and Wilheminnie (Luebker) Hippler. She was a 1944 graduate of Clinton High School. She was united in marriage to Roy Rosenboom on August 8, 1961.
She was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church most of her life and served on many committees there. She was also a member of the Naomi Circle, the P.N.G. Club and a longtime subscriber to Circa 21 Dinner theater.
Wilma was a “roll up your sleeves and work” kind of gal. Most of her life was chronicled working on the farm, whether it was her and her husband’s farm, just south of Low Moor, or her relatives farm. She also went to Mount Saint College where she received a teaching certificate in 1945. For the next 20+ years she would teach elementary education at various country schools. Wilma loved her family and will be deeply missed.
Wilma is survived by two daughters, Joni Saling of Lathrop, MO, Lori (Dan) Peppmeier of Camanche, IA; two sons, David Rosenboom of Phoenix, AZ, Jerry Rosenboom of Camanche, IA; five grandchildren, Joel, Janelle, Joshua, Molly, Miranda; and one niece, Harriet Kukkuck of Preston, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one granddaughter, Paige; one son-in-law, James Saling; and one sister, Helen Kukkuck.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 1, 2013
Dec. 9, 1926 - Jan. 1, 2013
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines