Dec. 9, 1926 - Jan. 1, 2013
Wilma C. Rosenboom, 86, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away peacefully at her residence on Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, January 5, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, January 4, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at the Elvira Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Wilma was born December 9, 1926, in Low Moor, Iowa, the daughter of Wilhelm and Wilheminnie (Luebker) Hippler. She was a 1944 graduate of Clinton High School. She was united in marriage to Roy Rosenboom on August 8, 1961.
She was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church most of her life and served on many committees there. She was also a member of the Naomi Circle, the P.N.G. Club and a longtime subscriber to Circa 21 Dinner theater.
Wilma was a “roll up your sleeves and work” kind of gal. Most of her life was chronicled working on the farm, whether it was her and her husband’s farm, just south of Low Moor, or her relatives farm. She also went to Mount Saint College where she received a teaching certificate in 1945. For the next 20+ years she would teach elementary education at various country schools. Wilma loved her family and will be deeply missed.
Wilma is survived by two daughters, Joni Saling of Lathrop, MO, Lori (Dan) Peppmeier of Camanche, IA; two sons, David Rosenboom of Phoenix, AZ, Jerry Rosenboom of Camanche, IA; five grandchildren, Joel, Janelle, Joshua, Molly, Miranda; and one niece, Harriet Kukkuck of Preston, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one granddaughter, Paige; one son-in-law, James Saling; and one sister, Helen Kukkuck.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 1, 2013
Dec. 9, 1926 - Jan. 1, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines