Dec. 9, 1926 - Jan. 1, 2013
Wilma C. Rosenboom, 86, of Camanche, Iowa, passed away peacefully at her residence on Tuesday, January 1, 2013.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, January 5, at the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Visitation will occur from 4 to 7 p.m. on Friday, January 4, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at the Elvira Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Wilma was born December 9, 1926, in Low Moor, Iowa, the daughter of Wilhelm and Wilheminnie (Luebker) Hippler. She was a 1944 graduate of Clinton High School. She was united in marriage to Roy Rosenboom on August 8, 1961.
She was a member of the Elvira Zion Lutheran Church most of her life and served on many committees there. She was also a member of the Naomi Circle, the P.N.G. Club and a longtime subscriber to Circa 21 Dinner theater.
Wilma was a “roll up your sleeves and work” kind of gal. Most of her life was chronicled working on the farm, whether it was her and her husband’s farm, just south of Low Moor, or her relatives farm. She also went to Mount Saint College where she received a teaching certificate in 1945. For the next 20+ years she would teach elementary education at various country schools. Wilma loved her family and will be deeply missed.
Wilma is survived by two daughters, Joni Saling of Lathrop, MO, Lori (Dan) Peppmeier of Camanche, IA; two sons, David Rosenboom of Phoenix, AZ, Jerry Rosenboom of Camanche, IA; five grandchildren, Joel, Janelle, Joshua, Molly, Miranda; and one niece, Harriet Kukkuck of Preston, IA.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; one granddaughter, Paige; one son-in-law, James Saling; and one sister, Helen Kukkuck.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be directed to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 1, 2013
Dec. 9, 1926 - Jan. 1, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines