Venita Charity Wilcox
April 10, 1910-Jan. 3, 2013
CLINTON — Venita Charity Wilcox, 102, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully on January 3, 2013, at the Mercy South Campus — Harmony House. A family memorial service took place at 11 a.m. on Monday, January 7, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. A time of family reflection and sharing family memories of Venita took place one hour prior to the memorial service. Burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Venita was born April 10, 1910, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Mary (Molloy) Rickoff. She was a 1927 graduate of Lyons High School. She was united in marriage to Raymond Wilcox on June 3, 1933, in Chicago, Illinois.
Venita worked for several financial institutions and businesses, ending her career after 10 plus years with Fidelity Insurance as a bookkeeper and office clerk.
Venita was an avid reader, she loved to play cards, loved the outdoors and especially loved to fish. Venita also loved to be around people and socialize with her many friends. She was a very caring person taking care of several relatives, including her sister who was stricken with multiple sclerosis.
Venita is survived by one brother, John (Joan) Rickoff of Fort Wayne, IN; three nieces, Mary Kennedy of Portland, OR, Karen Rosas of Fort Wayne IN, RaeAnn Rickoff of Fort Wayne, IN; three nephews, Keith Rickoff of Roanoke VA, Steven Rickoff of Clinton, IA, and Terry Rickoff of Englewood, FL; several cousins and many grand nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, who passed in 1952; two brothers and two sisters.
Memorials and donations can be directed to a charity associated with finding a cure or supporting those with multiple sclerosis.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 3, 2013
Venita Charity Wilcox
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines