Venita Charity Wilcox
April 10, 1910-Jan. 3, 2013
CLINTON — Venita Charity Wilcox, 102, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully on January 3, 2013, at the Mercy South Campus — Harmony House. A family memorial service took place at 11 a.m. on Monday, January 7, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. A time of family reflection and sharing family memories of Venita took place one hour prior to the memorial service. Burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Venita was born April 10, 1910, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Mary (Molloy) Rickoff. She was a 1927 graduate of Lyons High School. She was united in marriage to Raymond Wilcox on June 3, 1933, in Chicago, Illinois.
Venita worked for several financial institutions and businesses, ending her career after 10 plus years with Fidelity Insurance as a bookkeeper and office clerk.
Venita was an avid reader, she loved to play cards, loved the outdoors and especially loved to fish. Venita also loved to be around people and socialize with her many friends. She was a very caring person taking care of several relatives, including her sister who was stricken with multiple sclerosis.
Venita is survived by one brother, John (Joan) Rickoff of Fort Wayne, IN; three nieces, Mary Kennedy of Portland, OR, Karen Rosas of Fort Wayne IN, RaeAnn Rickoff of Fort Wayne, IN; three nephews, Keith Rickoff of Roanoke VA, Steven Rickoff of Clinton, IA, and Terry Rickoff of Englewood, FL; several cousins and many grand nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, who passed in 1952; two brothers and two sisters.
Memorials and donations can be directed to a charity associated with finding a cure or supporting those with multiple sclerosis.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 3, 2013
Venita Charity Wilcox
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines