Venita Charity Wilcox
April 10, 1910-Jan. 3, 2013
CLINTON — Venita Charity Wilcox, 102, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully on January 3, 2013, at the Mercy South Campus — Harmony House. A family memorial service took place at 11 a.m. on Monday, January 7, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. A time of family reflection and sharing family memories of Venita took place one hour prior to the memorial service. Burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Venita was born April 10, 1910, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Mary (Molloy) Rickoff. She was a 1927 graduate of Lyons High School. She was united in marriage to Raymond Wilcox on June 3, 1933, in Chicago, Illinois.
Venita worked for several financial institutions and businesses, ending her career after 10 plus years with Fidelity Insurance as a bookkeeper and office clerk.
Venita was an avid reader, she loved to play cards, loved the outdoors and especially loved to fish. Venita also loved to be around people and socialize with her many friends. She was a very caring person taking care of several relatives, including her sister who was stricken with multiple sclerosis.
Venita is survived by one brother, John (Joan) Rickoff of Fort Wayne, IN; three nieces, Mary Kennedy of Portland, OR, Karen Rosas of Fort Wayne IN, RaeAnn Rickoff of Fort Wayne, IN; three nephews, Keith Rickoff of Roanoke VA, Steven Rickoff of Clinton, IA, and Terry Rickoff of Englewood, FL; several cousins and many grand nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, who passed in 1952; two brothers and two sisters.
Memorials and donations can be directed to a charity associated with finding a cure or supporting those with multiple sclerosis.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 3, 2013
Venita Charity Wilcox
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines