Venita Charity Wilcox
April 10, 1910-Jan. 3, 2013
CLINTON — Venita Charity Wilcox, 102, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully on January 3, 2013, at the Mercy South Campus — Harmony House. A family memorial service took place at 11 a.m. on Monday, January 7, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel. A time of family reflection and sharing family memories of Venita took place one hour prior to the memorial service. Burial will take place at a later date. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Venita was born April 10, 1910, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Raymond and Mary (Molloy) Rickoff. She was a 1927 graduate of Lyons High School. She was united in marriage to Raymond Wilcox on June 3, 1933, in Chicago, Illinois.
Venita worked for several financial institutions and businesses, ending her career after 10 plus years with Fidelity Insurance as a bookkeeper and office clerk.
Venita was an avid reader, she loved to play cards, loved the outdoors and especially loved to fish. Venita also loved to be around people and socialize with her many friends. She was a very caring person taking care of several relatives, including her sister who was stricken with multiple sclerosis.
Venita is survived by one brother, John (Joan) Rickoff of Fort Wayne, IN; three nieces, Mary Kennedy of Portland, OR, Karen Rosas of Fort Wayne IN, RaeAnn Rickoff of Fort Wayne, IN; three nephews, Keith Rickoff of Roanoke VA, Steven Rickoff of Clinton, IA, and Terry Rickoff of Englewood, FL; several cousins and many grand nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, who passed in 1952; two brothers and two sisters.
Memorials and donations can be directed to a charity associated with finding a cure or supporting those with multiple sclerosis.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Jan. 3, 2013
Venita Charity Wilcox
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- More Obituaries Headlines