ALBANY, Ill. —
Aug. 2, 1928 - Jan. 6, 2013
Betty Dornbush, 84, of Harbor Crest Home in Fulton, Ill., and formerly of Albany, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, January 10, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Shannon Parrish, pastor of Newton Zion Reformed Church in Erie, Ill., will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in Lusk Memorial Cemetery, Albany.
Memorials may be made to Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison, and Newton Zion Reformed Church in Erie.
She was born August 2, 1928, in Fulton to Edward and Tina (Damhoff) Boelkins.
Betty was educated in the Fulton and Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
She married Eugene Dornbush on December 16, 1950, in Fulton; he died April 26, 2012.
Betty was employed as a secretary for the former Fidelity Life Insurance Company, Fulton. She was also a homemaker.
Betty was a charter member of the Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison. She enjoyed gardening, flowers, baking, cooking and spending time with family and friends.
Survivors include one daughter, Marla (Mike) Smeltzly of Port Byron, Ill.; four sons, Roland (Lori) Dornbush of Erie; Roger Dornbush of Albany; Randy (Diane) Dornbush of Albany and Darrell (Amber) Dornbush of Erie; twelve grandchildren: Craig (Jen) Dornbush, Jackie (Mike) Wright, Mike-Shane (Megan) Dornbush, Keaton Smeltzly, Karson Smeltzly, Kye Smeltzly, Austin Dornbush, Logan Dornbush, Kassie Dornbush, Molly Dornbush; Leslie (Scott) Miner, Jamie (Stormy) Melton; eight great-grandchildren; nine stepgreat-grandchildren; one sister-in-law, Phyllis Geerts of Albany; three brothers-in-law, Harlan Dornbush of Erie, Lester (Julie) Dornbush of Fulton and Allen Dornbush of Albany.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Eugene; one sister, Pauline Boelkins; six sisters-in-law, Catherine Dornbush, Kathryn Dornbush, Audrey Sikkema, Sharon Ottens, Helen Port, Shirley Dornbush in infancy; two brothers-in-law, Leonard Geerts and Kenneth Port.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 6, 2013
ALBANY, Ill. —
Aug. 2, 1928 - Jan. 6, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines