ALBANY, Ill. —
Aug. 2, 1928 - Jan. 6, 2013
Betty Dornbush, 84, of Harbor Crest Home in Fulton, Ill., and formerly of Albany, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, January 10, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Shannon Parrish, pastor of Newton Zion Reformed Church in Erie, Ill., will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in Lusk Memorial Cemetery, Albany.
Memorials may be made to Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison, and Newton Zion Reformed Church in Erie.
She was born August 2, 1928, in Fulton to Edward and Tina (Damhoff) Boelkins.
Betty was educated in the Fulton and Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
She married Eugene Dornbush on December 16, 1950, in Fulton; he died April 26, 2012.
Betty was employed as a secretary for the former Fidelity Life Insurance Company, Fulton. She was also a homemaker.
Betty was a charter member of the Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison. She enjoyed gardening, flowers, baking, cooking and spending time with family and friends.
Survivors include one daughter, Marla (Mike) Smeltzly of Port Byron, Ill.; four sons, Roland (Lori) Dornbush of Erie; Roger Dornbush of Albany; Randy (Diane) Dornbush of Albany and Darrell (Amber) Dornbush of Erie; twelve grandchildren: Craig (Jen) Dornbush, Jackie (Mike) Wright, Mike-Shane (Megan) Dornbush, Keaton Smeltzly, Karson Smeltzly, Kye Smeltzly, Austin Dornbush, Logan Dornbush, Kassie Dornbush, Molly Dornbush; Leslie (Scott) Miner, Jamie (Stormy) Melton; eight great-grandchildren; nine stepgreat-grandchildren; one sister-in-law, Phyllis Geerts of Albany; three brothers-in-law, Harlan Dornbush of Erie, Lester (Julie) Dornbush of Fulton and Allen Dornbush of Albany.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Eugene; one sister, Pauline Boelkins; six sisters-in-law, Catherine Dornbush, Kathryn Dornbush, Audrey Sikkema, Sharon Ottens, Helen Port, Shirley Dornbush in infancy; two brothers-in-law, Leonard Geerts and Kenneth Port.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 6, 2013
ALBANY, Ill. —
Aug. 2, 1928 - Jan. 6, 2013
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- Martin 'Marty' Fritz LANARK, Ill. -- Martin "Marty" Fritz, 89, of Lanark, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Brethren Church in Lanark, with Pastor E. C. Lathrop officiating. Military rit
- Richard S. “Dick” Lewandowski, Jr.
- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal OMAHA, Neb. -- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal, 71, of Omaha, died Feb. 13. Memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 with Captain Allen Otto officiating the service at the Salvation Army Citadel, 219 First Ave., with a luncheon to follow at the
- James L. 'Jamie' Yarolem BALDWIN -- James L. "Jamie" Yarolem, 48, of Baldwin, died Sunday at his mother's home in rural Baldwin. Friends and family may gather in remembrance on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Cremation has taken p
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen