ALBANY, Ill. —
Aug. 2, 1928 - Jan. 6, 2013
Betty Dornbush, 84, of Harbor Crest Home in Fulton, Ill., and formerly of Albany, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, January 10, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Shannon Parrish, pastor of Newton Zion Reformed Church in Erie, Ill., will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in Lusk Memorial Cemetery, Albany.
Memorials may be made to Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison, and Newton Zion Reformed Church in Erie.
She was born August 2, 1928, in Fulton to Edward and Tina (Damhoff) Boelkins.
Betty was educated in the Fulton and Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
She married Eugene Dornbush on December 16, 1950, in Fulton; he died April 26, 2012.
Betty was employed as a secretary for the former Fidelity Life Insurance Company, Fulton. She was also a homemaker.
Betty was a charter member of the Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison. She enjoyed gardening, flowers, baking, cooking and spending time with family and friends.
Survivors include one daughter, Marla (Mike) Smeltzly of Port Byron, Ill.; four sons, Roland (Lori) Dornbush of Erie; Roger Dornbush of Albany; Randy (Diane) Dornbush of Albany and Darrell (Amber) Dornbush of Erie; twelve grandchildren: Craig (Jen) Dornbush, Jackie (Mike) Wright, Mike-Shane (Megan) Dornbush, Keaton Smeltzly, Karson Smeltzly, Kye Smeltzly, Austin Dornbush, Logan Dornbush, Kassie Dornbush, Molly Dornbush; Leslie (Scott) Miner, Jamie (Stormy) Melton; eight great-grandchildren; nine stepgreat-grandchildren; one sister-in-law, Phyllis Geerts of Albany; three brothers-in-law, Harlan Dornbush of Erie, Lester (Julie) Dornbush of Fulton and Allen Dornbush of Albany.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Eugene; one sister, Pauline Boelkins; six sisters-in-law, Catherine Dornbush, Kathryn Dornbush, Audrey Sikkema, Sharon Ottens, Helen Port, Shirley Dornbush in infancy; two brothers-in-law, Leonard Geerts and Kenneth Port.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 6, 2013
ALBANY, Ill. —
Aug. 2, 1928 - Jan. 6, 2013
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines