ALBANY, Ill. —
Aug. 2, 1928 - Jan. 6, 2013
Betty Dornbush, 84, of Harbor Crest Home in Fulton, Ill., and formerly of Albany, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, January 10, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Shannon Parrish, pastor of Newton Zion Reformed Church in Erie, Ill., will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in Lusk Memorial Cemetery, Albany.
Memorials may be made to Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison, and Newton Zion Reformed Church in Erie.
She was born August 2, 1928, in Fulton to Edward and Tina (Damhoff) Boelkins.
Betty was educated in the Fulton and Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
She married Eugene Dornbush on December 16, 1950, in Fulton; he died April 26, 2012.
Betty was employed as a secretary for the former Fidelity Life Insurance Company, Fulton. She was also a homemaker.
Betty was a charter member of the Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison. She enjoyed gardening, flowers, baking, cooking and spending time with family and friends.
Survivors include one daughter, Marla (Mike) Smeltzly of Port Byron, Ill.; four sons, Roland (Lori) Dornbush of Erie; Roger Dornbush of Albany; Randy (Diane) Dornbush of Albany and Darrell (Amber) Dornbush of Erie; twelve grandchildren: Craig (Jen) Dornbush, Jackie (Mike) Wright, Mike-Shane (Megan) Dornbush, Keaton Smeltzly, Karson Smeltzly, Kye Smeltzly, Austin Dornbush, Logan Dornbush, Kassie Dornbush, Molly Dornbush; Leslie (Scott) Miner, Jamie (Stormy) Melton; eight great-grandchildren; nine stepgreat-grandchildren; one sister-in-law, Phyllis Geerts of Albany; three brothers-in-law, Harlan Dornbush of Erie, Lester (Julie) Dornbush of Fulton and Allen Dornbush of Albany.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Eugene; one sister, Pauline Boelkins; six sisters-in-law, Catherine Dornbush, Kathryn Dornbush, Audrey Sikkema, Sharon Ottens, Helen Port, Shirley Dornbush in infancy; two brothers-in-law, Leonard Geerts and Kenneth Port.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 6, 2013
ALBANY, Ill. —
Aug. 2, 1928 - Jan. 6, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines