ALBANY, Ill. —
Aug. 2, 1928 - Jan. 6, 2013
Betty Dornbush, 84, of Harbor Crest Home in Fulton, Ill., and formerly of Albany, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, January 10, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. The Rev. Shannon Parrish, pastor of Newton Zion Reformed Church in Erie, Ill., will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, January 9, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. Interment will be in Lusk Memorial Cemetery, Albany.
Memorials may be made to Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison, and Newton Zion Reformed Church in Erie.
She was born August 2, 1928, in Fulton to Edward and Tina (Damhoff) Boelkins.
Betty was educated in the Fulton and Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
She married Eugene Dornbush on December 16, 1950, in Fulton; he died April 26, 2012.
Betty was employed as a secretary for the former Fidelity Life Insurance Company, Fulton. She was also a homemaker.
Betty was a charter member of the Emmanuel Reformed Church, Morrison. She enjoyed gardening, flowers, baking, cooking and spending time with family and friends.
Survivors include one daughter, Marla (Mike) Smeltzly of Port Byron, Ill.; four sons, Roland (Lori) Dornbush of Erie; Roger Dornbush of Albany; Randy (Diane) Dornbush of Albany and Darrell (Amber) Dornbush of Erie; twelve grandchildren: Craig (Jen) Dornbush, Jackie (Mike) Wright, Mike-Shane (Megan) Dornbush, Keaton Smeltzly, Karson Smeltzly, Kye Smeltzly, Austin Dornbush, Logan Dornbush, Kassie Dornbush, Molly Dornbush; Leslie (Scott) Miner, Jamie (Stormy) Melton; eight great-grandchildren; nine stepgreat-grandchildren; one sister-in-law, Phyllis Geerts of Albany; three brothers-in-law, Harlan Dornbush of Erie, Lester (Julie) Dornbush of Fulton and Allen Dornbush of Albany.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Eugene; one sister, Pauline Boelkins; six sisters-in-law, Catherine Dornbush, Kathryn Dornbush, Audrey Sikkema, Sharon Ottens, Helen Port, Shirley Dornbush in infancy; two brothers-in-law, Leonard Geerts and Kenneth Port.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 6, 2013
ALBANY, Ill. —
Aug. 2, 1928 - Jan. 6, 2013
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines