Leon S. Miller
Oct. 22, 1929-Jan. 17, 2013
CAMANCHE — Leon S. Miller, 83, of Camanche, died Thursday, January 17, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, January 21, 2013, at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Serving as pallbearers will be Jon Jewell, Jared Jewell, Bill Vanderpool, Henry Lehmkuhl, Dale Lehmkuhl and James Harman. Visitation will be Sunday from 2 to 5 p.m. at the funeral home. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Leon S. Miller was born on October 22, 1929, in Winona, Minnesota, the son of Leon and Anastacia (Palubicki) Miller. He married Anna Lehmkuhl on August 25, 1962, in North Liberty, Iowa.
Leon was a carman and wheel inspector with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad for 37 years; retiring in 1991. He was a member of NARVE.
Leon is survived by his wife, Anna, of Camanche; one daughter, Terri (Bill) Vanderpool of Pleasant Hill, Iowa; two grandsons, Jon (Brianna) Jewell of Mason City, Iowa, and Jared Jewell of Ankeny, Iowa; and a special great-granddaughter, Adalynn Rose Jewell.
Leon was preceded in death by his parents, two sisters and one brother.
Death date: Jan. 17, 2013
Leon S. Miller
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- Martin 'Marty' Fritz LANARK, Ill. -- Martin "Marty" Fritz, 89, of Lanark, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Brethren Church in Lanark, with Pastor E. C. Lathrop officiating. Military rit
- Richard S. “Dick” Lewandowski, Jr.
- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal OMAHA, Neb. -- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal, 71, of Omaha, died Feb. 13. Memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 with Captain Allen Otto officiating the service at the Salvation Army Citadel, 219 First Ave., with a luncheon to follow at the
- James L. 'Jamie' Yarolem BALDWIN -- James L. "Jamie" Yarolem, 48, of Baldwin, died Sunday at his mother's home in rural Baldwin. Friends and family may gather in remembrance on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Cremation has taken p
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen