Norma J. Long
Nov. 15, 1920-Jan. 17, 2013
CLINTON — Norma J. Long, age 92 of the Coventry Apartments, Rock Island, formerly of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, January 17, 2013, at Trinity Rock Island.
Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. on Sunday, January 20, 2013, at Hodgson Funeral Home, Rock Island. Cremation rites will be accorded, and no funeral will be held.
Norma was born on November 15, 1920, the daughter of Elmer and Violet (Johnson) Schenck. She worked at and retired from the Clinton Garment Factory, and also worked for the Geifman Grocery Stores.
Norma enjoyed sewing, knitting, astronomy, nature, and watching the weather roll in. She loved spending time with her family. She volunteered with the Helping Hands group at Coventry Apartments, and also quilted blankets for charitable causes.
Those left to honor her memory include her children, Kathryn L. Cherry, Duluth, GA, James H. Cherry, Liberty Center, OH, Michael L. (Barbara Culbertson) Cherry, Dubuque, IA, Julie (Dr. David) Petersen, Rock Island, and Larry (Jill) Tappendorf, Davenport, IA; grandchildren, Bryan Rupp, Beau Moore, Curtis and Jason Cherry, Mike Cherry, Jr., Jeremiah and Justin Boone, and Chad and Chris Tappendorf; 8 great grandchildren; 1 great-great-grandchild, and her nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, and a sister, Lois Behrend.
Condolences may be left for the family at www.hodgsonfuneralhome.com.
Death date: Jan. 17, 2013
Norma J. Long
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines