ERIE, Ill. —
Aug. 30, 1941 - Jan. 18, 2013
Russell E. “Russ” Holcomb, 71, of Erie, IL, died Friday, January 18, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center, Silvis.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, January 22, at Gibson-Bode Funeral Home, Erie. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial in the Erie Cemetery will be private. Memorials may be made to the Erie Fire Department or Erie Ambulance Service.
Russ was born August 30, 1941, in Morrison, IL, the son of Fred and Theresa (Ashpole) Holcomb. He joined the Army during the Korean Conflict. Russ married Bonnie Keller on June 16, 1967, in Morrison. He owned and operated Russ’s Cafe in Erie for many years, retiring in 2006. He was an active member of the Erie Fire Department for 25 years. Russ loved spending time with his grandchildren. He also enjoyed playing cards and cribbage with the guys, fishing and boating, and hanging out at the Boat Club.
He is survived by his wife, Bonnie Holcomb, Erie; 5 children, Tammy Holcomb (Ted Beliel), Muscatine, IA, Troy Holcomb (Pam Kromminga), Erie, Teresa (Mark) Harman, Point of Rocks, MD, Terri (Shawn) Agnew, Erie, and Tracy (Jon) Terry, Erie; a brother, Jack Holcomb, Albany; sisters, Pat (Wayne) Anglese, Albany, Nancy Bielema, Albany; 10 grandchildren, Joshua, Nathan and Zachary Agnew, Payton Holcomb, Asher and Cory Harman, Devan, Ethan, Erin and Cheyenne Terry; a great-grandson, Jaden Agnew; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by both parents; and brothers, Frank and Donald Holcomb. Share a memory or condolence at www.gibsonbodefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 18, 2013
ERIE, Ill. —
Aug. 30, 1941 - Jan. 18, 2013
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines