ERIE, Ill. —
Aug. 30, 1941 - Jan. 18, 2013
Russell E. “Russ” Holcomb, 71, of Erie, IL, died Friday, January 18, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center, Silvis.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, January 22, at Gibson-Bode Funeral Home, Erie. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial in the Erie Cemetery will be private. Memorials may be made to the Erie Fire Department or Erie Ambulance Service.
Russ was born August 30, 1941, in Morrison, IL, the son of Fred and Theresa (Ashpole) Holcomb. He joined the Army during the Korean Conflict. Russ married Bonnie Keller on June 16, 1967, in Morrison. He owned and operated Russ’s Cafe in Erie for many years, retiring in 2006. He was an active member of the Erie Fire Department for 25 years. Russ loved spending time with his grandchildren. He also enjoyed playing cards and cribbage with the guys, fishing and boating, and hanging out at the Boat Club.
He is survived by his wife, Bonnie Holcomb, Erie; 5 children, Tammy Holcomb (Ted Beliel), Muscatine, IA, Troy Holcomb (Pam Kromminga), Erie, Teresa (Mark) Harman, Point of Rocks, MD, Terri (Shawn) Agnew, Erie, and Tracy (Jon) Terry, Erie; a brother, Jack Holcomb, Albany; sisters, Pat (Wayne) Anglese, Albany, Nancy Bielema, Albany; 10 grandchildren, Joshua, Nathan and Zachary Agnew, Payton Holcomb, Asher and Cory Harman, Devan, Ethan, Erin and Cheyenne Terry; a great-grandson, Jaden Agnew; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by both parents; and brothers, Frank and Donald Holcomb. Share a memory or condolence at www.gibsonbodefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 18, 2013
ERIE, Ill. —
Aug. 30, 1941 - Jan. 18, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines