ERIE, Ill. —
Aug. 30, 1941 - Jan. 18, 2013
Russell E. “Russ” Holcomb, 71, of Erie, IL, died Friday, January 18, 2013, at Genesis Medical Center, Silvis.
Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, January 22, at Gibson-Bode Funeral Home, Erie. Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at the funeral home. Burial in the Erie Cemetery will be private. Memorials may be made to the Erie Fire Department or Erie Ambulance Service.
Russ was born August 30, 1941, in Morrison, IL, the son of Fred and Theresa (Ashpole) Holcomb. He joined the Army during the Korean Conflict. Russ married Bonnie Keller on June 16, 1967, in Morrison. He owned and operated Russ’s Cafe in Erie for many years, retiring in 2006. He was an active member of the Erie Fire Department for 25 years. Russ loved spending time with his grandchildren. He also enjoyed playing cards and cribbage with the guys, fishing and boating, and hanging out at the Boat Club.
He is survived by his wife, Bonnie Holcomb, Erie; 5 children, Tammy Holcomb (Ted Beliel), Muscatine, IA, Troy Holcomb (Pam Kromminga), Erie, Teresa (Mark) Harman, Point of Rocks, MD, Terri (Shawn) Agnew, Erie, and Tracy (Jon) Terry, Erie; a brother, Jack Holcomb, Albany; sisters, Pat (Wayne) Anglese, Albany, Nancy Bielema, Albany; 10 grandchildren, Joshua, Nathan and Zachary Agnew, Payton Holcomb, Asher and Cory Harman, Devan, Ethan, Erin and Cheyenne Terry; a great-grandson, Jaden Agnew; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by both parents; and brothers, Frank and Donald Holcomb. Share a memory or condolence at www.gibsonbodefh.com.
Death date: Jan. 18, 2013
ERIE, Ill. —
Aug. 30, 1941 - Jan. 18, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines