MORRISON, Ill. —
Nov. 5, 1934 - Jan. 20, 2013
Raymond K. VanZuiden, 78, of Morrison, died Sunday, January 20, 2013, at Pleasant View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Morrison.
Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at the First Presbyterian Church in Morrison. The Rev. Michael Selburg, pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Morrison, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, January 24, 2013, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. At his request, his body has been donated to the Anatomical Gift Association of Illinois for medical science study.
Memorials may be made to First Presbyterian Church in Morrison.
He was born November 5, 1934, in Morrison to Fred J. and Stella (VanOosten) VanZuiden.
Ray was educated in the Fenton and Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
He married Virginia Schuler on June 10, 1957, in Morrison; she survives.
Ray was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force serving during the Korean War.
Ray was first employed as carpenter for the former Sykes and Akker Contractors, Morrison, IL. He then worked as agent and later became partner in the Maurits and Jost Insurance Agency in Morrison for 30 years.
He was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Morrison; served as church treasurer, session and properties committee. He was a member of the Morrison Lions Club and served as secretary and president. He was the founder of the Morrison United Way and served as a member of the Morrison Chamber of Commerce and Resthave Nursing Home board of directors.
He enjoyed woodworking and building houses.
Survivors include his wife, Virginia; three daughters, Cindy (Doug) LeMoine of Dubuque, Iowa; Shari (Kevin) Kuehl of Morrison and Becky (Rick) Riojas of Dixon, Ill.; fourteen grandchildren: Hannah LeMoine; Corrie Keegan, Alec Keegan, Collin Keegan; Stacie (Derek) Brown, Kim (Nathan Shipley) Kuehl, Michael (Kassi) Kuehl, Katie Kuehl, Lindsay Kuehl; Brent (Heather) Toppert, Matt (Andrea) Toppert, Andrew (fiancée, Tori VanZuiden) Toppert; Tara (Jon) James and Aaron Riojas; Sixteen great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Mrs. Henrietta Johnson of Rockford, Ill., and Mrs. Margery Stichter of Rochelle, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents; one great-grandson, Cayden Toppert; one sister, Genevieve Wiersema-Richmond; four brothers-in-law, Paul Wiersema, Frank Richmond, Edward Johnson and William Stichter.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 20, 2013
MORRISON, Ill. —
Nov. 5, 1934 - Jan. 20, 2013
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines