MORRISON, Ill. —
Nov. 5, 1934 - Jan. 20, 2013
Raymond K. VanZuiden, 78, of Morrison, died Sunday, January 20, 2013, at Pleasant View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Morrison.
Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at the First Presbyterian Church in Morrison. The Rev. Michael Selburg, pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Morrison, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, January 24, 2013, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. At his request, his body has been donated to the Anatomical Gift Association of Illinois for medical science study.
Memorials may be made to First Presbyterian Church in Morrison.
He was born November 5, 1934, in Morrison to Fred J. and Stella (VanOosten) VanZuiden.
Ray was educated in the Fenton and Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
He married Virginia Schuler on June 10, 1957, in Morrison; she survives.
Ray was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force serving during the Korean War.
Ray was first employed as carpenter for the former Sykes and Akker Contractors, Morrison, IL. He then worked as agent and later became partner in the Maurits and Jost Insurance Agency in Morrison for 30 years.
He was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Morrison; served as church treasurer, session and properties committee. He was a member of the Morrison Lions Club and served as secretary and president. He was the founder of the Morrison United Way and served as a member of the Morrison Chamber of Commerce and Resthave Nursing Home board of directors.
He enjoyed woodworking and building houses.
Survivors include his wife, Virginia; three daughters, Cindy (Doug) LeMoine of Dubuque, Iowa; Shari (Kevin) Kuehl of Morrison and Becky (Rick) Riojas of Dixon, Ill.; fourteen grandchildren: Hannah LeMoine; Corrie Keegan, Alec Keegan, Collin Keegan; Stacie (Derek) Brown, Kim (Nathan Shipley) Kuehl, Michael (Kassi) Kuehl, Katie Kuehl, Lindsay Kuehl; Brent (Heather) Toppert, Matt (Andrea) Toppert, Andrew (fiancée, Tori VanZuiden) Toppert; Tara (Jon) James and Aaron Riojas; Sixteen great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Mrs. Henrietta Johnson of Rockford, Ill., and Mrs. Margery Stichter of Rochelle, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents; one great-grandson, Cayden Toppert; one sister, Genevieve Wiersema-Richmond; four brothers-in-law, Paul Wiersema, Frank Richmond, Edward Johnson and William Stichter.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 20, 2013
MORRISON, Ill. —
Nov. 5, 1934 - Jan. 20, 2013
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines