MORRISON, Ill. —
Nov. 5, 1934 - Jan. 20, 2013
Raymond K. VanZuiden, 78, of Morrison, died Sunday, January 20, 2013, at Pleasant View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Morrison.
Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at the First Presbyterian Church in Morrison. The Rev. Michael Selburg, pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Morrison, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, January 24, 2013, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. At his request, his body has been donated to the Anatomical Gift Association of Illinois for medical science study.
Memorials may be made to First Presbyterian Church in Morrison.
He was born November 5, 1934, in Morrison to Fred J. and Stella (VanOosten) VanZuiden.
Ray was educated in the Fenton and Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
He married Virginia Schuler on June 10, 1957, in Morrison; she survives.
Ray was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force serving during the Korean War.
Ray was first employed as carpenter for the former Sykes and Akker Contractors, Morrison, IL. He then worked as agent and later became partner in the Maurits and Jost Insurance Agency in Morrison for 30 years.
He was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Morrison; served as church treasurer, session and properties committee. He was a member of the Morrison Lions Club and served as secretary and president. He was the founder of the Morrison United Way and served as a member of the Morrison Chamber of Commerce and Resthave Nursing Home board of directors.
He enjoyed woodworking and building houses.
Survivors include his wife, Virginia; three daughters, Cindy (Doug) LeMoine of Dubuque, Iowa; Shari (Kevin) Kuehl of Morrison and Becky (Rick) Riojas of Dixon, Ill.; fourteen grandchildren: Hannah LeMoine; Corrie Keegan, Alec Keegan, Collin Keegan; Stacie (Derek) Brown, Kim (Nathan Shipley) Kuehl, Michael (Kassi) Kuehl, Katie Kuehl, Lindsay Kuehl; Brent (Heather) Toppert, Matt (Andrea) Toppert, Andrew (fiancée, Tori VanZuiden) Toppert; Tara (Jon) James and Aaron Riojas; Sixteen great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Mrs. Henrietta Johnson of Rockford, Ill., and Mrs. Margery Stichter of Rochelle, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents; one great-grandson, Cayden Toppert; one sister, Genevieve Wiersema-Richmond; four brothers-in-law, Paul Wiersema, Frank Richmond, Edward Johnson and William Stichter.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 20, 2013
MORRISON, Ill. —
Nov. 5, 1934 - Jan. 20, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines