MORRISON, Ill. —
Nov. 5, 1934 - Jan. 20, 2013
Raymond K. VanZuiden, 78, of Morrison, died Sunday, January 20, 2013, at Pleasant View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Morrison.
Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at the First Presbyterian Church in Morrison. The Rev. Michael Selburg, pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Morrison, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, January 24, 2013, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. At his request, his body has been donated to the Anatomical Gift Association of Illinois for medical science study.
Memorials may be made to First Presbyterian Church in Morrison.
He was born November 5, 1934, in Morrison to Fred J. and Stella (VanOosten) VanZuiden.
Ray was educated in the Fenton and Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
He married Virginia Schuler on June 10, 1957, in Morrison; she survives.
Ray was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force serving during the Korean War.
Ray was first employed as carpenter for the former Sykes and Akker Contractors, Morrison, IL. He then worked as agent and later became partner in the Maurits and Jost Insurance Agency in Morrison for 30 years.
He was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Morrison; served as church treasurer, session and properties committee. He was a member of the Morrison Lions Club and served as secretary and president. He was the founder of the Morrison United Way and served as a member of the Morrison Chamber of Commerce and Resthave Nursing Home board of directors.
He enjoyed woodworking and building houses.
Survivors include his wife, Virginia; three daughters, Cindy (Doug) LeMoine of Dubuque, Iowa; Shari (Kevin) Kuehl of Morrison and Becky (Rick) Riojas of Dixon, Ill.; fourteen grandchildren: Hannah LeMoine; Corrie Keegan, Alec Keegan, Collin Keegan; Stacie (Derek) Brown, Kim (Nathan Shipley) Kuehl, Michael (Kassi) Kuehl, Katie Kuehl, Lindsay Kuehl; Brent (Heather) Toppert, Matt (Andrea) Toppert, Andrew (fiancée, Tori VanZuiden) Toppert; Tara (Jon) James and Aaron Riojas; Sixteen great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Mrs. Henrietta Johnson of Rockford, Ill., and Mrs. Margery Stichter of Rochelle, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents; one great-grandson, Cayden Toppert; one sister, Genevieve Wiersema-Richmond; four brothers-in-law, Paul Wiersema, Frank Richmond, Edward Johnson and William Stichter.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 20, 2013
MORRISON, Ill. —
Nov. 5, 1934 - Jan. 20, 2013
- Lyle L. Fink Lyle L. Fink March 14, 1953 - Dec. 15, 2013 CLINTON -- Lyle L. Fink, 60, of Clinton, passed away peacefully of natural causes on Sunday, December 15, 2013 at his home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Friday, December 20, 2013 at Elvira Zion Luth
- Charles R. 'Charlie' McMahon CLINTON -- Charles R. "Charlie" McMahon, 86, of Clinton, died Tuesday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends will take place from 3 to 5 p.m. Friday at the Pape Funeral Home. A complete
- Norma J. Clark MAQUOKETA -- Norma J. Clark, 82, of Maquoketa, died Sunday, at her home in rural Maquoketa. A celebration of Norma's life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p
- Phyllis Lohberg (Behr) Phyllis Lohberg (Behr) ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Phyllis Lohberg (Behr), 65, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at Episcopal Church Rehabilitation Facility in St. Paul, Minnesota after fighting a battle with cancer with the assured comfort of her children by her
- Dolores J. "Dee" Clark Dolores J. "Dee" Clark Dec. 31, 1937 - Dec. 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Together again - Dolores J. "Dee" Clark passed away on December 16, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North and was greeted at the gates of heaven by her husband Oscar. Honoring Dee's wishes
- Lyle L. Fink CLINTON -- Lyle L. Fink, 60, of Clinton, died Sunday, at his home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Elvira Zion Lutheran Church. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Visitation will be Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton
- Thelma Ann Fecke MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- Thelma Ann Fecke, 85, of Mount Carroll, died Sunday, at Rockford Memorial Hospital in Rockford, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Mount Carroll United Methodist Church with Reverend Teri Lafferty officia
- Claudine R. 'Dena' Cook Claudine R. "Dena" Cook June 14, 1929 - Dec. 16, 2013 CLINTON -- Claudine R. "Dena" Cook, age 84, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 16, 2013 at Mercy South Medical Center. Funeral Mass will be held 10:30 a.m. Thursday Dec. 19th at Prince of Peace Parish.
- Anna Emily Pries Anna Emily Pries May 21, 1924 - Dec. 14, 2013 DEWITT -- Anna Emily Pries, 89, of DeWitt, died Saturday morning, December 14, 2013, at Westwing Place, DeWitt, Iowa. The former Anna Bucks was born May 21, 1924, to Gustave and Florence (Putnam) Bucks,
- Wallace Williams February 1, 1940 - December 12, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Wallace David (Wally) Williams, 73 of rural Camanche, died Thursday at his home. A Masonic Blue Lodge Service will be 3:00 p.m., Tuesday, December 17, 2013 at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Online condolences
- More Obituaries Headlines