MORRISON, Ill. —
Nov. 5, 1934 - Jan. 20, 2013
Raymond K. VanZuiden, 78, of Morrison, died Sunday, January 20, 2013, at Pleasant View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Morrison.
Memorial services will be 11 a.m. Friday, January 25, 2013, at the First Presbyterian Church in Morrison. The Rev. Michael Selburg, pastor of First Presbyterian Church in Morrison, will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, January 24, 2013, at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. At his request, his body has been donated to the Anatomical Gift Association of Illinois for medical science study.
Memorials may be made to First Presbyterian Church in Morrison.
He was born November 5, 1934, in Morrison to Fred J. and Stella (VanOosten) VanZuiden.
Ray was educated in the Fenton and Morrison grade schools and was a graduate of Morrison High School.
He married Virginia Schuler on June 10, 1957, in Morrison; she survives.
Ray was a veteran of the U.S. Air Force serving during the Korean War.
Ray was first employed as carpenter for the former Sykes and Akker Contractors, Morrison, IL. He then worked as agent and later became partner in the Maurits and Jost Insurance Agency in Morrison for 30 years.
He was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Morrison; served as church treasurer, session and properties committee. He was a member of the Morrison Lions Club and served as secretary and president. He was the founder of the Morrison United Way and served as a member of the Morrison Chamber of Commerce and Resthave Nursing Home board of directors.
He enjoyed woodworking and building houses.
Survivors include his wife, Virginia; three daughters, Cindy (Doug) LeMoine of Dubuque, Iowa; Shari (Kevin) Kuehl of Morrison and Becky (Rick) Riojas of Dixon, Ill.; fourteen grandchildren: Hannah LeMoine; Corrie Keegan, Alec Keegan, Collin Keegan; Stacie (Derek) Brown, Kim (Nathan Shipley) Kuehl, Michael (Kassi) Kuehl, Katie Kuehl, Lindsay Kuehl; Brent (Heather) Toppert, Matt (Andrea) Toppert, Andrew (fiancée, Tori VanZuiden) Toppert; Tara (Jon) James and Aaron Riojas; Sixteen great-grandchildren; and two sisters, Mrs. Henrietta Johnson of Rockford, Ill., and Mrs. Margery Stichter of Rochelle, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents; one great-grandson, Cayden Toppert; one sister, Genevieve Wiersema-Richmond; four brothers-in-law, Paul Wiersema, Frank Richmond, Edward Johnson and William Stichter.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Jan. 20, 2013
MORRISON, Ill. —
Nov. 5, 1934 - Jan. 20, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines