Ralph John Steines
March 27, 1924-Jan. 25, 2013
CALAMUS — Ralph John Steines, 88, of Calamus, Iowa, died Friday morning, January 25, 2013, at Wheatland Manor in Wheatland, Iowa.
He was born March 27, 1924, in Spragueville, Iowa, to William Lawrence and Lorena Marquerite (Schmidt) Steines. Ralph served in the United States Army during World War II. He farmed the family farm at rural Calamus for over 60 years. Ralph also drove school bus for Calamus Community Schools for 14 years.
He was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church at Grand Mound, and was also a member of the Magnus M. Petersen American Legion Post #466, Calamus for nearly 50 years. Ralph loved the land that he farmed and animals that he cared for. He was an avid outdoorsman who greatly enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Surviving are brothers, Loren (Darlene) Steines of Alpha, Illinois, and William “Butch” Steines of Dixon, Iowa; sisters, Doris Ihrig of Maquoketa, Iowa, and Junice Nelson of Atlanta, Georgia; numerous nieces and nephews.
Preceding Ralph in death were his parents; brothers, Delbert, Eldred, LeRoy and Robert; and sisters, Thelma Elsner and Alice DeVoss.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound, from 10:30 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. Monday, January 28, 2013. The funeral liturgy will be held at 1 p.m. Monday in the church with the Reverend Father William Kneemiller presiding. Burial and military rites will follow at Rose Hill Cemetery, Calamus. Memorials are suggested to CALCO Hall Roof Fund.
Family members will serve as pallbearers.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Arrangements are in care of Schultz Funeral Home of Grand Mound.
Death date: Jan. 25, 2013
Ralph John Steines
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines