Ralph John Steines
March 27, 1924-Jan. 25, 2013
CALAMUS — Ralph John Steines, 88, of Calamus, Iowa, died Friday morning, January 25, 2013, at Wheatland Manor in Wheatland, Iowa.
He was born March 27, 1924, in Spragueville, Iowa, to William Lawrence and Lorena Marquerite (Schmidt) Steines. Ralph served in the United States Army during World War II. He farmed the family farm at rural Calamus for over 60 years. Ralph also drove school bus for Calamus Community Schools for 14 years.
He was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church at Grand Mound, and was also a member of the Magnus M. Petersen American Legion Post #466, Calamus for nearly 50 years. Ralph loved the land that he farmed and animals that he cared for. He was an avid outdoorsman who greatly enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Surviving are brothers, Loren (Darlene) Steines of Alpha, Illinois, and William “Butch” Steines of Dixon, Iowa; sisters, Doris Ihrig of Maquoketa, Iowa, and Junice Nelson of Atlanta, Georgia; numerous nieces and nephews.
Preceding Ralph in death were his parents; brothers, Delbert, Eldred, LeRoy and Robert; and sisters, Thelma Elsner and Alice DeVoss.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound, from 10:30 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. Monday, January 28, 2013. The funeral liturgy will be held at 1 p.m. Monday in the church with the Reverend Father William Kneemiller presiding. Burial and military rites will follow at Rose Hill Cemetery, Calamus. Memorials are suggested to CALCO Hall Roof Fund.
Family members will serve as pallbearers.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Arrangements are in care of Schultz Funeral Home of Grand Mound.
Death date: Jan. 25, 2013
Ralph John Steines
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines