Ralph John Steines
March 27, 1924-Jan. 25, 2013
CALAMUS — Ralph John Steines, 88, of Calamus, Iowa, died Friday morning, January 25, 2013, at Wheatland Manor in Wheatland, Iowa.
He was born March 27, 1924, in Spragueville, Iowa, to William Lawrence and Lorena Marquerite (Schmidt) Steines. Ralph served in the United States Army during World War II. He farmed the family farm at rural Calamus for over 60 years. Ralph also drove school bus for Calamus Community Schools for 14 years.
He was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church at Grand Mound, and was also a member of the Magnus M. Petersen American Legion Post #466, Calamus for nearly 50 years. Ralph loved the land that he farmed and animals that he cared for. He was an avid outdoorsman who greatly enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Surviving are brothers, Loren (Darlene) Steines of Alpha, Illinois, and William “Butch” Steines of Dixon, Iowa; sisters, Doris Ihrig of Maquoketa, Iowa, and Junice Nelson of Atlanta, Georgia; numerous nieces and nephews.
Preceding Ralph in death were his parents; brothers, Delbert, Eldred, LeRoy and Robert; and sisters, Thelma Elsner and Alice DeVoss.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound, from 10:30 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. Monday, January 28, 2013. The funeral liturgy will be held at 1 p.m. Monday in the church with the Reverend Father William Kneemiller presiding. Burial and military rites will follow at Rose Hill Cemetery, Calamus. Memorials are suggested to CALCO Hall Roof Fund.
Family members will serve as pallbearers.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Arrangements are in care of Schultz Funeral Home of Grand Mound.
Death date: Jan. 25, 2013
Ralph John Steines
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- More Obituaries Headlines