Ralph John Steines
March 27, 1924-Jan. 25, 2013
CALAMUS — Ralph John Steines, 88, of Calamus, Iowa, died Friday morning, January 25, 2013, at Wheatland Manor in Wheatland, Iowa.
He was born March 27, 1924, in Spragueville, Iowa, to William Lawrence and Lorena Marquerite (Schmidt) Steines. Ralph served in the United States Army during World War II. He farmed the family farm at rural Calamus for over 60 years. Ralph also drove school bus for Calamus Community Schools for 14 years.
He was a member of Saints Philip and James Catholic Church at Grand Mound, and was also a member of the Magnus M. Petersen American Legion Post #466, Calamus for nearly 50 years. Ralph loved the land that he farmed and animals that he cared for. He was an avid outdoorsman who greatly enjoyed hunting and fishing.
Surviving are brothers, Loren (Darlene) Steines of Alpha, Illinois, and William “Butch” Steines of Dixon, Iowa; sisters, Doris Ihrig of Maquoketa, Iowa, and Junice Nelson of Atlanta, Georgia; numerous nieces and nephews.
Preceding Ralph in death were his parents; brothers, Delbert, Eldred, LeRoy and Robert; and sisters, Thelma Elsner and Alice DeVoss.
The family will receive relatives and friends at Saints Philip and James Catholic Church, Grand Mound, from 10:30 a.m. until 12:45 p.m. Monday, January 28, 2013. The funeral liturgy will be held at 1 p.m. Monday in the church with the Reverend Father William Kneemiller presiding. Burial and military rites will follow at Rose Hill Cemetery, Calamus. Memorials are suggested to CALCO Hall Roof Fund.
Family members will serve as pallbearers.
Condolences may be expressed and a photo tribute viewed at www.schultzfuneralhomes.com.
Arrangements are in care of Schultz Funeral Home of Grand Mound.
Death date: Jan. 25, 2013
Ralph John Steines
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines