Savanna, Ill. —
Evalyn May Francis Stinson
May 1, 1920-Jan. 24, 2013
SAVANNA, Ill. — Evalyn May Francis Stinson, age 92 of Savanna, Illinois, died on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at Harbor Crest Nursing Home, Fulton, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Saturday, February 2, 2013, at the Savanna Bible Church with Pastor Mike Meyer officiating. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, February 1, 2013, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. Burial will take place Savanna Township Cemetery.
Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Evalyn was born May 1, 1920, the daughter of John and Gwendolyn (Coil) Lawson in Beardstown, Illinois. She attended the Beardstown High School.
Evalyn married Raymond T. Stinson on December 16, 1936, in Rushville, Illinois. Raymond died on May 1, 1999.
Evalyn worked for the Savanna Army Depot during World War II, the Savanna Garment Factory for 13 years and also 13 years for the Eaton Corporation as a line worker, until her retirement in 1982. Evalyn taught Sunday school for many years, and was a member of the Savanna Bible Church and the Missionary Circle. She enjoyed crocheting, sewing, quilting and crafting things for others.
Evalyn will be dearly missed by three daughters, Dolores Rice of Troutville, Virginia, Joyce (Rene) Alcantara of Savanna and Raynette (Robert) Schneider of Clinton, Iowa; seven grandchildren, Philip Rice, Janet (Dan) Sloane, Ray (Shannon) Alcantara, David (Jeanne) Alcantara, Joel (Angie) Alcantara, Matthew (Tori) Schneider and Tim (Leah) Schneider; 11 great-grandchildren, Emily Rice, Isaac Sloane, Alyssa, Alyson and Jasmine Alcantara, Samuel, Jackson, Mable, Caleb, Taylor and Evan Schneider; three great-great-grandchildren, Matthew Via, Elijah Schifflet and Max Wright; three sisters, Vera Reeder of Beardstown, Illinois, Rethyle (Martin) Woods of Rushville, Illinois, Ruby (Jim) Weishaar of Browning, Illinois, many nieces and nephews; and a close friend, Nancy Myrick.
Evalyn is preceded in death by her parents; husband, Raymond; son-in-law, Emmett Rice; two brothers, John and Robert Lawson; and four sisters, Gladys Stinson, Bernadine Lowe, Roberta Hull and Velda Baker.
Death date: Jan. 24, 2013
Savanna, Ill. —
Evalyn May Francis Stinson
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines