Savanna, Ill. —
Evalyn May Francis Stinson
May 1, 1920-Jan. 24, 2013
SAVANNA, Ill. — Evalyn May Francis Stinson, age 92 of Savanna, Illinois, died on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at Harbor Crest Nursing Home, Fulton, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Saturday, February 2, 2013, at the Savanna Bible Church with Pastor Mike Meyer officiating. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, February 1, 2013, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. Burial will take place Savanna Township Cemetery.
Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Evalyn was born May 1, 1920, the daughter of John and Gwendolyn (Coil) Lawson in Beardstown, Illinois. She attended the Beardstown High School.
Evalyn married Raymond T. Stinson on December 16, 1936, in Rushville, Illinois. Raymond died on May 1, 1999.
Evalyn worked for the Savanna Army Depot during World War II, the Savanna Garment Factory for 13 years and also 13 years for the Eaton Corporation as a line worker, until her retirement in 1982. Evalyn taught Sunday school for many years, and was a member of the Savanna Bible Church and the Missionary Circle. She enjoyed crocheting, sewing, quilting and crafting things for others.
Evalyn will be dearly missed by three daughters, Dolores Rice of Troutville, Virginia, Joyce (Rene) Alcantara of Savanna and Raynette (Robert) Schneider of Clinton, Iowa; seven grandchildren, Philip Rice, Janet (Dan) Sloane, Ray (Shannon) Alcantara, David (Jeanne) Alcantara, Joel (Angie) Alcantara, Matthew (Tori) Schneider and Tim (Leah) Schneider; 11 great-grandchildren, Emily Rice, Isaac Sloane, Alyssa, Alyson and Jasmine Alcantara, Samuel, Jackson, Mable, Caleb, Taylor and Evan Schneider; three great-great-grandchildren, Matthew Via, Elijah Schifflet and Max Wright; three sisters, Vera Reeder of Beardstown, Illinois, Rethyle (Martin) Woods of Rushville, Illinois, Ruby (Jim) Weishaar of Browning, Illinois, many nieces and nephews; and a close friend, Nancy Myrick.
Evalyn is preceded in death by her parents; husband, Raymond; son-in-law, Emmett Rice; two brothers, John and Robert Lawson; and four sisters, Gladys Stinson, Bernadine Lowe, Roberta Hull and Velda Baker.
Death date: Jan. 24, 2013
Savanna, Ill. —
Evalyn May Francis Stinson
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines