Savanna, Ill. —
Evalyn May Francis Stinson
May 1, 1920-Jan. 24, 2013
SAVANNA, Ill. — Evalyn May Francis Stinson, age 92 of Savanna, Illinois, died on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at Harbor Crest Nursing Home, Fulton, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Saturday, February 2, 2013, at the Savanna Bible Church with Pastor Mike Meyer officiating. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, February 1, 2013, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. Burial will take place Savanna Township Cemetery.
Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Evalyn was born May 1, 1920, the daughter of John and Gwendolyn (Coil) Lawson in Beardstown, Illinois. She attended the Beardstown High School.
Evalyn married Raymond T. Stinson on December 16, 1936, in Rushville, Illinois. Raymond died on May 1, 1999.
Evalyn worked for the Savanna Army Depot during World War II, the Savanna Garment Factory for 13 years and also 13 years for the Eaton Corporation as a line worker, until her retirement in 1982. Evalyn taught Sunday school for many years, and was a member of the Savanna Bible Church and the Missionary Circle. She enjoyed crocheting, sewing, quilting and crafting things for others.
Evalyn will be dearly missed by three daughters, Dolores Rice of Troutville, Virginia, Joyce (Rene) Alcantara of Savanna and Raynette (Robert) Schneider of Clinton, Iowa; seven grandchildren, Philip Rice, Janet (Dan) Sloane, Ray (Shannon) Alcantara, David (Jeanne) Alcantara, Joel (Angie) Alcantara, Matthew (Tori) Schneider and Tim (Leah) Schneider; 11 great-grandchildren, Emily Rice, Isaac Sloane, Alyssa, Alyson and Jasmine Alcantara, Samuel, Jackson, Mable, Caleb, Taylor and Evan Schneider; three great-great-grandchildren, Matthew Via, Elijah Schifflet and Max Wright; three sisters, Vera Reeder of Beardstown, Illinois, Rethyle (Martin) Woods of Rushville, Illinois, Ruby (Jim) Weishaar of Browning, Illinois, many nieces and nephews; and a close friend, Nancy Myrick.
Evalyn is preceded in death by her parents; husband, Raymond; son-in-law, Emmett Rice; two brothers, John and Robert Lawson; and four sisters, Gladys Stinson, Bernadine Lowe, Roberta Hull and Velda Baker.
Death date: Jan. 24, 2013
Savanna, Ill. —
Evalyn May Francis Stinson
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines