Savanna, Ill. —
Evalyn May Francis Stinson
May 1, 1920-Jan. 24, 2013
SAVANNA, Ill. — Evalyn May Francis Stinson, age 92 of Savanna, Illinois, died on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at Harbor Crest Nursing Home, Fulton, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Saturday, February 2, 2013, at the Savanna Bible Church with Pastor Mike Meyer officiating. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, February 1, 2013, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. Burial will take place Savanna Township Cemetery.
Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Evalyn was born May 1, 1920, the daughter of John and Gwendolyn (Coil) Lawson in Beardstown, Illinois. She attended the Beardstown High School.
Evalyn married Raymond T. Stinson on December 16, 1936, in Rushville, Illinois. Raymond died on May 1, 1999.
Evalyn worked for the Savanna Army Depot during World War II, the Savanna Garment Factory for 13 years and also 13 years for the Eaton Corporation as a line worker, until her retirement in 1982. Evalyn taught Sunday school for many years, and was a member of the Savanna Bible Church and the Missionary Circle. She enjoyed crocheting, sewing, quilting and crafting things for others.
Evalyn will be dearly missed by three daughters, Dolores Rice of Troutville, Virginia, Joyce (Rene) Alcantara of Savanna and Raynette (Robert) Schneider of Clinton, Iowa; seven grandchildren, Philip Rice, Janet (Dan) Sloane, Ray (Shannon) Alcantara, David (Jeanne) Alcantara, Joel (Angie) Alcantara, Matthew (Tori) Schneider and Tim (Leah) Schneider; 11 great-grandchildren, Emily Rice, Isaac Sloane, Alyssa, Alyson and Jasmine Alcantara, Samuel, Jackson, Mable, Caleb, Taylor and Evan Schneider; three great-great-grandchildren, Matthew Via, Elijah Schifflet and Max Wright; three sisters, Vera Reeder of Beardstown, Illinois, Rethyle (Martin) Woods of Rushville, Illinois, Ruby (Jim) Weishaar of Browning, Illinois, many nieces and nephews; and a close friend, Nancy Myrick.
Evalyn is preceded in death by her parents; husband, Raymond; son-in-law, Emmett Rice; two brothers, John and Robert Lawson; and four sisters, Gladys Stinson, Bernadine Lowe, Roberta Hull and Velda Baker.
Death date: Jan. 24, 2013
Savanna, Ill. —
Evalyn May Francis Stinson
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- More Obituaries Headlines