Savanna, Ill. —
Evalyn May Francis Stinson
May 1, 1920-Jan. 24, 2013
SAVANNA, Ill. — Evalyn May Francis Stinson, age 92 of Savanna, Illinois, died on Thursday, January 24, 2013 at Harbor Crest Nursing Home, Fulton, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Saturday, February 2, 2013, at the Savanna Bible Church with Pastor Mike Meyer officiating. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, February 1, 2013, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna. Burial will take place Savanna Township Cemetery.
Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Evalyn was born May 1, 1920, the daughter of John and Gwendolyn (Coil) Lawson in Beardstown, Illinois. She attended the Beardstown High School.
Evalyn married Raymond T. Stinson on December 16, 1936, in Rushville, Illinois. Raymond died on May 1, 1999.
Evalyn worked for the Savanna Army Depot during World War II, the Savanna Garment Factory for 13 years and also 13 years for the Eaton Corporation as a line worker, until her retirement in 1982. Evalyn taught Sunday school for many years, and was a member of the Savanna Bible Church and the Missionary Circle. She enjoyed crocheting, sewing, quilting and crafting things for others.
Evalyn will be dearly missed by three daughters, Dolores Rice of Troutville, Virginia, Joyce (Rene) Alcantara of Savanna and Raynette (Robert) Schneider of Clinton, Iowa; seven grandchildren, Philip Rice, Janet (Dan) Sloane, Ray (Shannon) Alcantara, David (Jeanne) Alcantara, Joel (Angie) Alcantara, Matthew (Tori) Schneider and Tim (Leah) Schneider; 11 great-grandchildren, Emily Rice, Isaac Sloane, Alyssa, Alyson and Jasmine Alcantara, Samuel, Jackson, Mable, Caleb, Taylor and Evan Schneider; three great-great-grandchildren, Matthew Via, Elijah Schifflet and Max Wright; three sisters, Vera Reeder of Beardstown, Illinois, Rethyle (Martin) Woods of Rushville, Illinois, Ruby (Jim) Weishaar of Browning, Illinois, many nieces and nephews; and a close friend, Nancy Myrick.
Evalyn is preceded in death by her parents; husband, Raymond; son-in-law, Emmett Rice; two brothers, John and Robert Lawson; and four sisters, Gladys Stinson, Bernadine Lowe, Roberta Hull and Velda Baker.
Death date: Jan. 24, 2013
Savanna, Ill. —
Evalyn May Francis Stinson
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines