SAVANNA, Ill. —
Sept. 23, 1922 - Jan. 27, 2013
Florence Lillian Wheetley, age 90, of Savanna, Illinois, died at home Sunday, January 27, 2013, in the company of her family.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Friday, February 1, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna with minister Anne Holmberg officiating. Visitation will be held 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, January 31, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will be in Savanna Township Cemetery. A memorial fund has been established in Florence’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Florence was born September 23, 1922, the daughter of Fred and Anna (Goenne) Dohse in Clinton, Iowa. She married Woodrow Doyle Wheetley on March 17, 1951, in Lansing, Illinois. Woodrow passed away October 30, 1983.
Florence worked at the Clinton Garment Factory during the 60’s. After moving to Savanna, she worked at the Tastee-Freez from the late 60’s to the late 80’s; a job that she loved. She was an avid NASCAR fan and she enjoyed watching the exploits of the Chicago Cubs, Bears and Bulls. She also loved birds and had a large collection of cardinal and eagle figurines. She enjoyed working on jigsaw puzzles (the harder the better) and listening to country music (Randy Travis was her favorite). Above all, she was an excellent cook.
Florence will be greatly missed by her son, Michael (Sue) Wheetley of Savanna; her trusted friend, Louise Brouillard of Savanna; five grandchildren: Curtis (Christie) Wheetley of Mt. Carroll, Jared (Corinthia Black) Wheetley of Waterloo, Iowa, Chandra Wheetley of West Des Moines, Iowa, Joseph (Angie) Taylor of Thomson and Wendi (Jeff) Shafer of Franklin Grove; six great-grandchildren: Miles and Isabelle Wheetley, Owen Albers, Dylan and Tyler Stacey and Aidan Taylor; her cousin, Paulette Quick; and several other cousins, nieces and nephews.
Florence is preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Woodrow; a brother, Virtus Dohse; and four sisters, Evelyn Roberts, Betty Orth, Norma Buss and Dolores Bouback.
Death date: Jan. 27, 2013
SAVANNA, Ill. —
Sept. 23, 1922 - Jan. 27, 2013
- Lois M. Thomsen ClintonLois M. ThomsenLois M. Thomsen, 85, of Clinton died Friday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Robert A. Naeve ClintonRobert A. NaeveRobert A. Naeve, 81, of Clinton, died Thursday at the Alverno Health Care facility.Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Elizabeth Lee 'Dolly' Kunde MaquoketaElizabeth Lee ‘Dolly’ KundeElizabeth Lee “Dolly” Kunde, 69, of Maquoketa, died Thursday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa.Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Linda Kay Schnoor Linda Kay SchnoorMay 20, 1945 - July 29, 2014IOWA CITY — Linda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, Iowa passed away on Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Cremation rites have been accorded with a prayer and remembrance c
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines