SAVANNA, Ill. —
Sept. 23, 1922 - Jan. 27, 2013
Florence Lillian Wheetley, age 90, of Savanna, Illinois, died at home Sunday, January 27, 2013, in the company of her family.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Friday, February 1, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna with minister Anne Holmberg officiating. Visitation will be held 4 to 7 p.m. Thursday, January 31, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will be in Savanna Township Cemetery. A memorial fund has been established in Florence’s memory. Online condolences may be left for the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Florence was born September 23, 1922, the daughter of Fred and Anna (Goenne) Dohse in Clinton, Iowa. She married Woodrow Doyle Wheetley on March 17, 1951, in Lansing, Illinois. Woodrow passed away October 30, 1983.
Florence worked at the Clinton Garment Factory during the 60’s. After moving to Savanna, she worked at the Tastee-Freez from the late 60’s to the late 80’s; a job that she loved. She was an avid NASCAR fan and she enjoyed watching the exploits of the Chicago Cubs, Bears and Bulls. She also loved birds and had a large collection of cardinal and eagle figurines. She enjoyed working on jigsaw puzzles (the harder the better) and listening to country music (Randy Travis was her favorite). Above all, she was an excellent cook.
Florence will be greatly missed by her son, Michael (Sue) Wheetley of Savanna; her trusted friend, Louise Brouillard of Savanna; five grandchildren: Curtis (Christie) Wheetley of Mt. Carroll, Jared (Corinthia Black) Wheetley of Waterloo, Iowa, Chandra Wheetley of West Des Moines, Iowa, Joseph (Angie) Taylor of Thomson and Wendi (Jeff) Shafer of Franklin Grove; six great-grandchildren: Miles and Isabelle Wheetley, Owen Albers, Dylan and Tyler Stacey and Aidan Taylor; her cousin, Paulette Quick; and several other cousins, nieces and nephews.
Florence is preceded in death by her parents; her husband, Woodrow; a brother, Virtus Dohse; and four sisters, Evelyn Roberts, Betty Orth, Norma Buss and Dolores Bouback.
Death date: Jan. 27, 2013
SAVANNA, Ill. —
Sept. 23, 1922 - Jan. 27, 2013
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- Donald A. Lass Donald A. Lass Jan. 4, 1937 - March 3, 2014 CLINTON -- Donald A. Lass took his Savior's hand and stepped into paradise early Monday morning, March 3, 2014, his father's birthday, after succumbing to long-term effects of Parkinson's disease. Cremation
- Martin 'Marty' Fritz LANARK, Ill. -- Martin "Marty" Fritz, 89, of Lanark, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna, Ill. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday at the First Brethren Church in Lanark, with Pastor E. C. Lathrop officiating. Military rit
- Richard S. “Dick” Lewandowski, Jr.
- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal OMAHA, Neb. -- Myrna June (Eversoll) McNeal, 71, of Omaha, died Feb. 13. Memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. March 29 with Captain Allen Otto officiating the service at the Salvation Army Citadel, 219 First Ave., with a luncheon to follow at the
- James L. 'Jamie' Yarolem BALDWIN -- James L. "Jamie" Yarolem, 48, of Baldwin, died Sunday at his mother's home in rural Baldwin. Friends and family may gather in remembrance on Thursday from 5 to 7 p.m. at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Cremation has taken p
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen