FULTON, Ill. —
Nov. 12, 1945 - Jan. 28, 2013
Stanley J. Tenboer, 67, of Fulton, Illinois, died Monday, January 28, 2013, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City, Iowa.
A funeral Mass will be 10:30 a.m. Friday, February 1, 2013, at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Visitation will be Thursday from 3 to 7 p.m. at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Following the services, the body will be cremated. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Stanley John Tenboer was born on November 12, 1945, in Fulton, Illinois, the son of John and Helen (Bouvia) Tenboer. He was a 1963 graduate of Fulton High School. He was also a graduate of Clinton Community College.
Stan married Phyllis Rutledge on July 24, 1965, in Clinton, Iowa.
Stan was a manufacturing engineer with General Electric in Morrison for 43 years retiring in 2006.
Stan was an active member of Prince of Peace Parish and was currently serving as the chairman of the Pastoral Council and he was also active in the Evangelization Commission currently serving on the board of 1st Gateway Credit Union and he was a life member of the Two River Sail & Power Squadron formerly known as the Clinton Power Squadron where he served as an educational officer.
Stan is survived by his loving wife of 47 years, Phyllis, of Fulton; two sons, John (Kristina) Tenboer of Morrison, Illinois, and William (Debby) Tenboer of Charleston, South Carolina, five grandchildren: Ashley, Derek, Deven, Paul and Kaleb; two sisters-in-law, Karen Tenboer of Phoenix, Arizona, and Ann (Ronald) Schmitt of Camanche; brother-in-law, Chuck (Jacque) Rutledge of Fulton; and several nieces and nephews.
Stan was preceded in death by his parents; a son in infancy; and his brother, Robert.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Death date: Jan. 28, 2013
FULTON, Ill. —
Nov. 12, 1945 - Jan. 28, 2013
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines