May 21, 1924 - Nov. 18, 2012
Arthur Charles Sanderson (Skinny), 88, of Clinton, peacefully went to our Lord with his family and friends at his side and the assistance of Genesis Hospice loving nurses on Sunday, November 18, 2012.
Cremation rites have been accorded with a visitation from 10 to 11 a.m. and a memorial service to follow at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Arthur was born May 21, 1924, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Arthur Wilson and Laura Belle (Menneke) Sanderson. He attended Clinton High School and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II as a fighter plane mechanic. Following his service Arthur attended DeVry University in Chicago, Illinois.
Arthur married Beverly Rohwer on November 29, 1952, they were married for 50 years. Beverly passed away on June 12, 2003.
Arthur started his own business, “Arthur’s Radio and TV Service,” and was employed with Clinton Corn/ADM for 40+ years as a lab technician, retiring in 1989.
Arthur enjoyed his weekly Tuesday poker games with his long time friends; he also enjoyed cooking, gardening, fishing, breakfast at the Sunrise Restaurant, watching his favorite sports teams (Cubs, Hawks, Bears) working on cryptogram puzzles and spending time with his family — reminiscing and telling his stories.
Arthur is survived by his two daughters, Jeanne (Ken) Borja of Clinton, Iowa, and Joyce Sanderson of Iowa City, Iowa; three grandchildren, Kayla (Jeff) Frost of Wakefield, MA, Zachary Borja of Woodside, NY, and Charles Eidson of Minneapolis, MN.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife Beverly; his daughter, Janet Sanderson; eleven sisters and one brother.
Memorials can be left to Genesis Hospice or St. Paul Lutheran Church.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 18, 2012
May 21, 1924 - Nov. 18, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines