May 21, 1924 - Nov. 18, 2012
Arthur Charles Sanderson (Skinny), 88, of Clinton, peacefully went to our Lord with his family and friends at his side and the assistance of Genesis Hospice loving nurses on Sunday, November 18, 2012.
Cremation rites have been accorded with a visitation from 10 to 11 a.m. and a memorial service to follow at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Arthur was born May 21, 1924, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Arthur Wilson and Laura Belle (Menneke) Sanderson. He attended Clinton High School and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II as a fighter plane mechanic. Following his service Arthur attended DeVry University in Chicago, Illinois.
Arthur married Beverly Rohwer on November 29, 1952, they were married for 50 years. Beverly passed away on June 12, 2003.
Arthur started his own business, “Arthur’s Radio and TV Service,” and was employed with Clinton Corn/ADM for 40+ years as a lab technician, retiring in 1989.
Arthur enjoyed his weekly Tuesday poker games with his long time friends; he also enjoyed cooking, gardening, fishing, breakfast at the Sunrise Restaurant, watching his favorite sports teams (Cubs, Hawks, Bears) working on cryptogram puzzles and spending time with his family — reminiscing and telling his stories.
Arthur is survived by his two daughters, Jeanne (Ken) Borja of Clinton, Iowa, and Joyce Sanderson of Iowa City, Iowa; three grandchildren, Kayla (Jeff) Frost of Wakefield, MA, Zachary Borja of Woodside, NY, and Charles Eidson of Minneapolis, MN.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife Beverly; his daughter, Janet Sanderson; eleven sisters and one brother.
Memorials can be left to Genesis Hospice or St. Paul Lutheran Church.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 18, 2012
May 21, 1924 - Nov. 18, 2012
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- More Obituaries Headlines