May 21, 1924 - Nov. 18, 2012
Arthur Charles Sanderson (Skinny), 88, of Clinton, peacefully went to our Lord with his family and friends at his side and the assistance of Genesis Hospice loving nurses on Sunday, November 18, 2012.
Cremation rites have been accorded with a visitation from 10 to 11 a.m. and a memorial service to follow at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Arthur was born May 21, 1924, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Arthur Wilson and Laura Belle (Menneke) Sanderson. He attended Clinton High School and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II as a fighter plane mechanic. Following his service Arthur attended DeVry University in Chicago, Illinois.
Arthur married Beverly Rohwer on November 29, 1952, they were married for 50 years. Beverly passed away on June 12, 2003.
Arthur started his own business, “Arthur’s Radio and TV Service,” and was employed with Clinton Corn/ADM for 40+ years as a lab technician, retiring in 1989.
Arthur enjoyed his weekly Tuesday poker games with his long time friends; he also enjoyed cooking, gardening, fishing, breakfast at the Sunrise Restaurant, watching his favorite sports teams (Cubs, Hawks, Bears) working on cryptogram puzzles and spending time with his family — reminiscing and telling his stories.
Arthur is survived by his two daughters, Jeanne (Ken) Borja of Clinton, Iowa, and Joyce Sanderson of Iowa City, Iowa; three grandchildren, Kayla (Jeff) Frost of Wakefield, MA, Zachary Borja of Woodside, NY, and Charles Eidson of Minneapolis, MN.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife Beverly; his daughter, Janet Sanderson; eleven sisters and one brother.
Memorials can be left to Genesis Hospice or St. Paul Lutheran Church.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 18, 2012
May 21, 1924 - Nov. 18, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines