May 21, 1924 - Nov. 18, 2012
Arthur Charles Sanderson (Skinny), 88, of Clinton, peacefully went to our Lord with his family and friends at his side and the assistance of Genesis Hospice loving nurses on Sunday, November 18, 2012.
Cremation rites have been accorded with a visitation from 10 to 11 a.m. and a memorial service to follow at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, November 21, 2012, at St. Paul Lutheran Church, Clinton, Iowa. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Arthur was born May 21, 1924, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Arthur Wilson and Laura Belle (Menneke) Sanderson. He attended Clinton High School and served in the U.S. Navy during World War II as a fighter plane mechanic. Following his service Arthur attended DeVry University in Chicago, Illinois.
Arthur married Beverly Rohwer on November 29, 1952, they were married for 50 years. Beverly passed away on June 12, 2003.
Arthur started his own business, “Arthur’s Radio and TV Service,” and was employed with Clinton Corn/ADM for 40+ years as a lab technician, retiring in 1989.
Arthur enjoyed his weekly Tuesday poker games with his long time friends; he also enjoyed cooking, gardening, fishing, breakfast at the Sunrise Restaurant, watching his favorite sports teams (Cubs, Hawks, Bears) working on cryptogram puzzles and spending time with his family — reminiscing and telling his stories.
Arthur is survived by his two daughters, Jeanne (Ken) Borja of Clinton, Iowa, and Joyce Sanderson of Iowa City, Iowa; three grandchildren, Kayla (Jeff) Frost of Wakefield, MA, Zachary Borja of Woodside, NY, and Charles Eidson of Minneapolis, MN.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife Beverly; his daughter, Janet Sanderson; eleven sisters and one brother.
Memorials can be left to Genesis Hospice or St. Paul Lutheran Church.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Nov. 18, 2012
May 21, 1924 - Nov. 18, 2012
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines