Dec. 12, 1921 - Nov. 20, 2012
Elfrieda Kroemer, 90, of Lowden, died Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2012, at St. Luke’s Hospital, Cedar Rapids.
She was born December 12, 1921, in Germany to Heinrich Horstmann and Elwena Braasch. She married Norman Kroemer on December 10, 1939, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Lowden. He died in 2005.
Funeral services will be at Trinity Lutheran Church in Lowden at 2 p.m. Saturday November 24, with the Rev. Victor Young. Burial will be in Trinity Lutheran Cemetery. Visitation will be Friday, November 23, from 4 to 6 p.m. at Chapman’s in Clarence.
She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church where she was active in LWML.
Survivors include her son, Leon (Karen) of Cedar Rapids; daughter-in-law, Sherril Kroemer of Clinton; grandchildren: Jeffrey (Laura) Kroemer, Jodi (Kirk) Jonasson, Michael (D’Anne) Kroemer, Kristen (Greg) Jacobs; great-grandchildren: Hannah Jonasson, Luke Jonasson, Joseph Jonasson; one sister, Erna Brendes of Cedar Rapids; and sister-in-law, Veneta Kroemer of Clarence.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Kenneth; husband, Norman; brother, Henry; two sisters, Betty Kleppe and Helen Kline Hansel.
Death date: Nov. 20, 2012
Dec. 12, 1921 - Nov. 20, 2012
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines