Nov. 8, 1960 - Nov. 20, 2012
Todd Richard Peters, age 52, of Sabula, Iowa, died Tuesday, November 20, 2012, at the Rochester Methodist Hospital, Mayo Campus, Rochester, Minnesota, after a courageous six-year battle with cancer.
A funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Saturday, November 24, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna, with Pastor Sandra Berreman of the Sabula Methodist Church officiating. Visitation will be held from 4 to 8:00 p.m. Friday, November 23, 2012, at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given in Todd’s memory for the Mayo Clinic Cancer Research Foundation. You may share a condolence or tribute with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Todd was born sooner than expected on November 8, 1960, in Madison, Wisconsin, the son of Richard and Wanda (Carpenter) Peters. From the beginning, as a medical miracle, Todd overcame the odds.
As a boy Todd loved meeting new people and helping others in need. This thread ran throughout his life. He would visit his grandparents in Clinton every summer, learning to “work” with his grandfather at Carpenter’s Gas Station. At the age of sixteen, their family grew to four as Todd welcomed his sister, Nicole. He graduated from St. Paul High School, Norwalk, Ohio, with the class of 1979. On November 4, 1995, Todd married Tammy Key.
Over the years, Todd joined the family business that his parents had built in manufacturing, working for R & D Equipment, Inc. and ACT, Inc, both located in Norwalk, Ohio, and also their partner company in England. Todd’s personable way served him well, working in customer service, sales, and logistics. In 2006, he moved to Sabula to live near his parents in their retirement. Todd began working as a safety technician for Jacobs Engineering. A short time later he began his battle with cancer. Throughout his illness, Todd remained strong, upbeat and independent. He even found the energy and time to help a friend build a successful business. He cherished his close friends and family. Todd was a skilled pool player, avid coin collector and had a natural way with animals. He loved classic rock music.
Todd will be dearly missed by his parents, Richard and Wanda Peters of Sabula; his sister, Nicole Peters of Sandusky, Ohio; along with several aunts, uncles and cousins.
He is preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Harry and Lucinda Carpenter; his paternal grandfather, Howard Peters; and his paternal grandmother, Hazel (Scott) Mellen.
Death date: Nov. 20, 2012
Nov. 8, 1960 - Nov. 20, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines