Nov. 8, 1960 - Nov. 20, 2012
Todd Richard Peters, age 52, of Sabula, Iowa, died Tuesday, November 20, 2012, at the Rochester Methodist Hospital, Mayo Campus, Rochester, Minnesota, after a courageous six-year battle with cancer.
A funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Saturday, November 24, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna, with Pastor Sandra Berreman of the Sabula Methodist Church officiating. Visitation will be held from 4 to 8:00 p.m. Friday, November 23, 2012, at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given in Todd’s memory for the Mayo Clinic Cancer Research Foundation. You may share a condolence or tribute with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Todd was born sooner than expected on November 8, 1960, in Madison, Wisconsin, the son of Richard and Wanda (Carpenter) Peters. From the beginning, as a medical miracle, Todd overcame the odds.
As a boy Todd loved meeting new people and helping others in need. This thread ran throughout his life. He would visit his grandparents in Clinton every summer, learning to “work” with his grandfather at Carpenter’s Gas Station. At the age of sixteen, their family grew to four as Todd welcomed his sister, Nicole. He graduated from St. Paul High School, Norwalk, Ohio, with the class of 1979. On November 4, 1995, Todd married Tammy Key.
Over the years, Todd joined the family business that his parents had built in manufacturing, working for R & D Equipment, Inc. and ACT, Inc, both located in Norwalk, Ohio, and also their partner company in England. Todd’s personable way served him well, working in customer service, sales, and logistics. In 2006, he moved to Sabula to live near his parents in their retirement. Todd began working as a safety technician for Jacobs Engineering. A short time later he began his battle with cancer. Throughout his illness, Todd remained strong, upbeat and independent. He even found the energy and time to help a friend build a successful business. He cherished his close friends and family. Todd was a skilled pool player, avid coin collector and had a natural way with animals. He loved classic rock music.
Todd will be dearly missed by his parents, Richard and Wanda Peters of Sabula; his sister, Nicole Peters of Sandusky, Ohio; along with several aunts, uncles and cousins.
He is preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Harry and Lucinda Carpenter; his paternal grandfather, Howard Peters; and his paternal grandmother, Hazel (Scott) Mellen.
Death date: Nov. 20, 2012
Nov. 8, 1960 - Nov. 20, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines