Nov. 8, 1960 - Nov. 20, 2012
Todd Richard Peters, age 52, of Sabula, Iowa, died Tuesday, November 20, 2012, at the Rochester Methodist Hospital, Mayo Campus, Rochester, Minnesota, after a courageous six-year battle with cancer.
A funeral service will be held 11 a.m. Saturday, November 24, 2012, at the Law-Jones Funeral Home, Savanna, with Pastor Sandra Berreman of the Sabula Methodist Church officiating. Visitation will be held from 4 to 8:00 p.m. Friday, November 23, 2012, at the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given in Todd’s memory for the Mayo Clinic Cancer Research Foundation. You may share a condolence or tribute with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Todd was born sooner than expected on November 8, 1960, in Madison, Wisconsin, the son of Richard and Wanda (Carpenter) Peters. From the beginning, as a medical miracle, Todd overcame the odds.
As a boy Todd loved meeting new people and helping others in need. This thread ran throughout his life. He would visit his grandparents in Clinton every summer, learning to “work” with his grandfather at Carpenter’s Gas Station. At the age of sixteen, their family grew to four as Todd welcomed his sister, Nicole. He graduated from St. Paul High School, Norwalk, Ohio, with the class of 1979. On November 4, 1995, Todd married Tammy Key.
Over the years, Todd joined the family business that his parents had built in manufacturing, working for R & D Equipment, Inc. and ACT, Inc, both located in Norwalk, Ohio, and also their partner company in England. Todd’s personable way served him well, working in customer service, sales, and logistics. In 2006, he moved to Sabula to live near his parents in their retirement. Todd began working as a safety technician for Jacobs Engineering. A short time later he began his battle with cancer. Throughout his illness, Todd remained strong, upbeat and independent. He even found the energy and time to help a friend build a successful business. He cherished his close friends and family. Todd was a skilled pool player, avid coin collector and had a natural way with animals. He loved classic rock music.
Todd will be dearly missed by his parents, Richard and Wanda Peters of Sabula; his sister, Nicole Peters of Sandusky, Ohio; along with several aunts, uncles and cousins.
He is preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Harry and Lucinda Carpenter; his paternal grandfather, Howard Peters; and his paternal grandmother, Hazel (Scott) Mellen.
Death date: Nov. 20, 2012
Nov. 8, 1960 - Nov. 20, 2012
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines