April 1, 1918 - Nov. 25, 2012
Maryethel Stewart, age 94, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, November 25, 2012, at the Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in St. Boniface Cemetery. Casket bearers will be her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Maryethel was born in Breckenridge, Minnesota, on April 1, 1918, the daughter of Harry and Jessie (Schroer) Sanders. She graduated from Our Lady of Angels Academy in 1936. Maryethel married Frank Stewart on November 28, 1936, at the St. Irenaeus rectory in Clinton. Frank passed away in 1991. Maryethel had been employed with Burpee Seed Company. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish and the former St. Irenaeus Altar and Rosary Society. She enjoyed playing cards, reading, crocheting, visiting the casino, tending her flowers, baking pies and making soups.
Maryethel is survived by two daughters, Ann (William) Klahn of Clinton and Lynn (Michael) O’Connell of Cedar Rapids; a son, Lee (Kathy) Stewart of Clinton; a daughter-in-law, Anna Mae Stewart of Bettendorf; 8 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; three sisters, Helen Dose of Bettendorf, Alice Dever of Miles and Lucille Flug of Daytona Beach, FL; and brother, Richard Hannafan of Syracuse, NY; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a son, Thomas in 2003, and three brothers.
Memorials may be made to Harbor Crest or Mercy Hospice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Nov. 25, 2012
April 1, 1918 - Nov. 25, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines