April 1, 1918 - Nov. 25, 2012
Maryethel Stewart, age 94, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, November 25, 2012, at the Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in St. Boniface Cemetery. Casket bearers will be her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Maryethel was born in Breckenridge, Minnesota, on April 1, 1918, the daughter of Harry and Jessie (Schroer) Sanders. She graduated from Our Lady of Angels Academy in 1936. Maryethel married Frank Stewart on November 28, 1936, at the St. Irenaeus rectory in Clinton. Frank passed away in 1991. Maryethel had been employed with Burpee Seed Company. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish and the former St. Irenaeus Altar and Rosary Society. She enjoyed playing cards, reading, crocheting, visiting the casino, tending her flowers, baking pies and making soups.
Maryethel is survived by two daughters, Ann (William) Klahn of Clinton and Lynn (Michael) O’Connell of Cedar Rapids; a son, Lee (Kathy) Stewart of Clinton; a daughter-in-law, Anna Mae Stewart of Bettendorf; 8 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; three sisters, Helen Dose of Bettendorf, Alice Dever of Miles and Lucille Flug of Daytona Beach, FL; and brother, Richard Hannafan of Syracuse, NY; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a son, Thomas in 2003, and three brothers.
Memorials may be made to Harbor Crest or Mercy Hospice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Nov. 25, 2012
April 1, 1918 - Nov. 25, 2012
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines