April 1, 1918 - Nov. 25, 2012
Maryethel Stewart, age 94, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, November 25, 2012, at the Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in St. Boniface Cemetery. Casket bearers will be her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Maryethel was born in Breckenridge, Minnesota, on April 1, 1918, the daughter of Harry and Jessie (Schroer) Sanders. She graduated from Our Lady of Angels Academy in 1936. Maryethel married Frank Stewart on November 28, 1936, at the St. Irenaeus rectory in Clinton. Frank passed away in 1991. Maryethel had been employed with Burpee Seed Company. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish and the former St. Irenaeus Altar and Rosary Society. She enjoyed playing cards, reading, crocheting, visiting the casino, tending her flowers, baking pies and making soups.
Maryethel is survived by two daughters, Ann (William) Klahn of Clinton and Lynn (Michael) O’Connell of Cedar Rapids; a son, Lee (Kathy) Stewart of Clinton; a daughter-in-law, Anna Mae Stewart of Bettendorf; 8 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; three sisters, Helen Dose of Bettendorf, Alice Dever of Miles and Lucille Flug of Daytona Beach, FL; and brother, Richard Hannafan of Syracuse, NY; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a son, Thomas in 2003, and three brothers.
Memorials may be made to Harbor Crest or Mercy Hospice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Nov. 25, 2012
April 1, 1918 - Nov. 25, 2012
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines