April 1, 1918 - Nov. 25, 2012
Maryethel Stewart, age 94, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, November 25, 2012, at the Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Prince of Peace Parish. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Pape Funeral Home. Burial will be in St. Boniface Cemetery. Casket bearers will be her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Maryethel was born in Breckenridge, Minnesota, on April 1, 1918, the daughter of Harry and Jessie (Schroer) Sanders. She graduated from Our Lady of Angels Academy in 1936. Maryethel married Frank Stewart on November 28, 1936, at the St. Irenaeus rectory in Clinton. Frank passed away in 1991. Maryethel had been employed with Burpee Seed Company. She was a member of Prince of Peace Parish and the former St. Irenaeus Altar and Rosary Society. She enjoyed playing cards, reading, crocheting, visiting the casino, tending her flowers, baking pies and making soups.
Maryethel is survived by two daughters, Ann (William) Klahn of Clinton and Lynn (Michael) O’Connell of Cedar Rapids; a son, Lee (Kathy) Stewart of Clinton; a daughter-in-law, Anna Mae Stewart of Bettendorf; 8 grandchildren; 20 great-grandchildren; three sisters, Helen Dose of Bettendorf, Alice Dever of Miles and Lucille Flug of Daytona Beach, FL; and brother, Richard Hannafan of Syracuse, NY; and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a son, Thomas in 2003, and three brothers.
Memorials may be made to Harbor Crest or Mercy Hospice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Nov. 25, 2012
April 1, 1918 - Nov. 25, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines