Jan. 19, 1939 - Nov. 27, 2012
Charles R. “Charlie” Brewer, age 73, of Clinton, died Tuesday Nov. 27, 2012, at Mercy North Medical Center.
Funeral services will be held 10:30 a.m, Friday, Nov. 30, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Ronnie and Zach Brewer, Jason and Tyler Paulline, Brent Robbins, Nick Lawrence, Wayne Waterman and Ben Kane.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Charlie was born on Jan. 19, 1939, in Albion, IL, the son of Amel and Leota (Gawthorpe) Brewer. He served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years. He married Patricia Robbins on Dec. 3, 1960, in Clinton. Patricia preceded Charlie in death in 2004. He owned and operated the Silver Dollar Saloon. He managed the Moose Lodge, Odeon Club and the Clinton Marina. He also worked at Clinton Corn Processing and 3-M in Cordova, IL. Charlie enjoyed camping, reading and boating.
Charlie is survived by his two sons, Randy (Shelly) Brewer and Ron (Dawn Anderson) Brewer, both of Clinton; a daughter, Robin (Steve) Paulline of Fulton, IL; 9 grandchildren, Shawnna Perry, Ronnie Brewer, Jason (Emma) Paulline, Zachary Brewer, Cherie (Nick) Lawrence, Kayla (Ben Kane) Brewer, Tanlynn Brewer, Cara Brewer, and Tyler Paulline; 5 great-grandchildren, Brennan, Ayden, Aleah, Jaxson and Brylen; a sister, Kay (John) Harvey of Albion, IL; and a special neighbor, Eunice Weller of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, Patricia, and a sister, Kristine.
Death date: Nov. 27, 2012
Jan. 19, 1939 - Nov. 27, 2012
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines