Jan. 19, 1939 - Nov. 27, 2012
Charles R. “Charlie” Brewer, age 73, of Clinton, died Tuesday Nov. 27, 2012, at Mercy North Medical Center.
Funeral services will be held 10:30 a.m, Friday, Nov. 30, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Ronnie and Zach Brewer, Jason and Tyler Paulline, Brent Robbins, Nick Lawrence, Wayne Waterman and Ben Kane.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Charlie was born on Jan. 19, 1939, in Albion, IL, the son of Amel and Leota (Gawthorpe) Brewer. He served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years. He married Patricia Robbins on Dec. 3, 1960, in Clinton. Patricia preceded Charlie in death in 2004. He owned and operated the Silver Dollar Saloon. He managed the Moose Lodge, Odeon Club and the Clinton Marina. He also worked at Clinton Corn Processing and 3-M in Cordova, IL. Charlie enjoyed camping, reading and boating.
Charlie is survived by his two sons, Randy (Shelly) Brewer and Ron (Dawn Anderson) Brewer, both of Clinton; a daughter, Robin (Steve) Paulline of Fulton, IL; 9 grandchildren, Shawnna Perry, Ronnie Brewer, Jason (Emma) Paulline, Zachary Brewer, Cherie (Nick) Lawrence, Kayla (Ben Kane) Brewer, Tanlynn Brewer, Cara Brewer, and Tyler Paulline; 5 great-grandchildren, Brennan, Ayden, Aleah, Jaxson and Brylen; a sister, Kay (John) Harvey of Albion, IL; and a special neighbor, Eunice Weller of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, Patricia, and a sister, Kristine.
Death date: Nov. 27, 2012
Jan. 19, 1939 - Nov. 27, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines