Jan. 19, 1939 - Nov. 27, 2012
Charles R. “Charlie” Brewer, age 73, of Clinton, died Tuesday Nov. 27, 2012, at Mercy North Medical Center.
Funeral services will be held 10:30 a.m, Friday, Nov. 30, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Ronnie and Zach Brewer, Jason and Tyler Paulline, Brent Robbins, Nick Lawrence, Wayne Waterman and Ben Kane.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Charlie was born on Jan. 19, 1939, in Albion, IL, the son of Amel and Leota (Gawthorpe) Brewer. He served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years. He married Patricia Robbins on Dec. 3, 1960, in Clinton. Patricia preceded Charlie in death in 2004. He owned and operated the Silver Dollar Saloon. He managed the Moose Lodge, Odeon Club and the Clinton Marina. He also worked at Clinton Corn Processing and 3-M in Cordova, IL. Charlie enjoyed camping, reading and boating.
Charlie is survived by his two sons, Randy (Shelly) Brewer and Ron (Dawn Anderson) Brewer, both of Clinton; a daughter, Robin (Steve) Paulline of Fulton, IL; 9 grandchildren, Shawnna Perry, Ronnie Brewer, Jason (Emma) Paulline, Zachary Brewer, Cherie (Nick) Lawrence, Kayla (Ben Kane) Brewer, Tanlynn Brewer, Cara Brewer, and Tyler Paulline; 5 great-grandchildren, Brennan, Ayden, Aleah, Jaxson and Brylen; a sister, Kay (John) Harvey of Albion, IL; and a special neighbor, Eunice Weller of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, Patricia, and a sister, Kristine.
Death date: Nov. 27, 2012
Jan. 19, 1939 - Nov. 27, 2012
- Geffrey E. Galloway Geffrey E. Galloway March 11, 1950 - March 6, 2014 MECHANICSVILLE -- Geffrey E. Galloway, 63, died March 6, 2014 in his Mechanicsville home. Visitation/open house for Geff will be from 3:00 until 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 13 at Fry Funeral Home in Ti
- William Wagner THOMSON, Ill. -- William Wagner, 90, of Thomson, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Thomson. Burial with military rites will take place at Lower York C
- Richard N. Varner Richard N. Varner May 29, 1929 - March 9, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center South Campus. Honoring his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Funeral services will be Thursday,
- James C. Thyne James C. Thyne Feb. 19, 1952 - March 10, 2014 CLINTON -- James C. Thyne, age 62, of Clinton, passed away Monday, March 10, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. A Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 a.m. Saturday, March 15th, at Prince of Peace Par
- Alberta J. Wiebenga MORRISON, Ill. -- Alberta J. Wiebenga, 82, of Morrison, died Monday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home with Ken Renkes, director of Congrega
- Bernice Bartels DELMAR -- Bernice Bartels, 93, of Delmar, died Tuesday at Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Friday at First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at th
- Michael Scott Lord Michael Scott Lord June 10, 1964 - March 9, 2014 SIKESTON, Mo. -- Michael Scott Lord, age 49, formerly of Maysville, was born June 10, 1964 and passed away March 9, 2014 in Sikeston, Missouri. Michael was a graduate of Maysville High School and Misso
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- More Obituaries Headlines