Jan. 19, 1939 - Nov. 27, 2012
Charles R. “Charlie” Brewer, age 73, of Clinton, died Tuesday Nov. 27, 2012, at Mercy North Medical Center.
Funeral services will be held 10:30 a.m, Friday, Nov. 30, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be held Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Ronnie and Zach Brewer, Jason and Tyler Paulline, Brent Robbins, Nick Lawrence, Wayne Waterman and Ben Kane.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Charlie was born on Jan. 19, 1939, in Albion, IL, the son of Amel and Leota (Gawthorpe) Brewer. He served in the U.S. Navy for 20 years. He married Patricia Robbins on Dec. 3, 1960, in Clinton. Patricia preceded Charlie in death in 2004. He owned and operated the Silver Dollar Saloon. He managed the Moose Lodge, Odeon Club and the Clinton Marina. He also worked at Clinton Corn Processing and 3-M in Cordova, IL. Charlie enjoyed camping, reading and boating.
Charlie is survived by his two sons, Randy (Shelly) Brewer and Ron (Dawn Anderson) Brewer, both of Clinton; a daughter, Robin (Steve) Paulline of Fulton, IL; 9 grandchildren, Shawnna Perry, Ronnie Brewer, Jason (Emma) Paulline, Zachary Brewer, Cherie (Nick) Lawrence, Kayla (Ben Kane) Brewer, Tanlynn Brewer, Cara Brewer, and Tyler Paulline; 5 great-grandchildren, Brennan, Ayden, Aleah, Jaxson and Brylen; a sister, Kay (John) Harvey of Albion, IL; and a special neighbor, Eunice Weller of Clinton.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, Patricia, and a sister, Kristine.
Death date: Nov. 27, 2012
Jan. 19, 1939 - Nov. 27, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines