Oct. 1, 1935 - Nov. 28, 2012
Twila Ann Iverson, 77, of Clinton, Iowa, died Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Mercy Living Center South, Clinton.
Memorial services will be held at a later date. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home assisted the family with arrangements.
She was born October 1, 1935, in Iowa City, Iowa, to Elmer and Martha (Frisbie) Hildebrand. Twila grew up in Emmetsburg, Iowa, and graduated from high school in 1953.
Twila helped her mother clean homes and worked as a waitress in Emmetsburg. She married Harold E. Iverson on October 4, 1953, and re-located to Clinton, Iowa. Harold passed away on June 19, 1983. Twila remained a widow until her death.
Twila was fondly remembered by many as the “lunch lady” at Longfellow Elementary School where she served as a food nutritionist for 30 years retiring in 1997. She was a member of the American School Food Service Association and the First United Methodist Church for many years. She was an amazing artist creating oil paintings on saws and canvas, crafts, yarn work and also an avid reader. She enjoyed traveling and her weekly outings to the casino.
She was preceded in death by her mother (2011) and father (1981); her sister, Donna (2002); and brother, Dwayne (2012).
She is survived by her three children, Daniel from DeSoto, MO, Dennis from Clinton, IA and Debra from Wichita, KS. She is also survived by her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Death date: Nov. 28, 2012
Oct. 1, 1935 - Nov. 28, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines