Oct. 1, 1935 - Nov. 28, 2012
Twila Ann Iverson, 77, of Clinton, Iowa, died Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Mercy Living Center South, Clinton.
Memorial services will be held at a later date. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home assisted the family with arrangements.
She was born October 1, 1935, in Iowa City, Iowa, to Elmer and Martha (Frisbie) Hildebrand. Twila grew up in Emmetsburg, Iowa, and graduated from high school in 1953.
Twila helped her mother clean homes and worked as a waitress in Emmetsburg. She married Harold E. Iverson on October 4, 1953, and re-located to Clinton, Iowa. Harold passed away on June 19, 1983. Twila remained a widow until her death.
Twila was fondly remembered by many as the “lunch lady” at Longfellow Elementary School where she served as a food nutritionist for 30 years retiring in 1997. She was a member of the American School Food Service Association and the First United Methodist Church for many years. She was an amazing artist creating oil paintings on saws and canvas, crafts, yarn work and also an avid reader. She enjoyed traveling and her weekly outings to the casino.
She was preceded in death by her mother (2011) and father (1981); her sister, Donna (2002); and brother, Dwayne (2012).
She is survived by her three children, Daniel from DeSoto, MO, Dennis from Clinton, IA and Debra from Wichita, KS. She is also survived by her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Death date: Nov. 28, 2012
Oct. 1, 1935 - Nov. 28, 2012
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines