Oct. 1, 1935 - Nov. 28, 2012
Twila Ann Iverson, 77, of Clinton, Iowa, died Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Mercy Living Center South, Clinton.
Memorial services will be held at a later date. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home assisted the family with arrangements.
She was born October 1, 1935, in Iowa City, Iowa, to Elmer and Martha (Frisbie) Hildebrand. Twila grew up in Emmetsburg, Iowa, and graduated from high school in 1953.
Twila helped her mother clean homes and worked as a waitress in Emmetsburg. She married Harold E. Iverson on October 4, 1953, and re-located to Clinton, Iowa. Harold passed away on June 19, 1983. Twila remained a widow until her death.
Twila was fondly remembered by many as the “lunch lady” at Longfellow Elementary School where she served as a food nutritionist for 30 years retiring in 1997. She was a member of the American School Food Service Association and the First United Methodist Church for many years. She was an amazing artist creating oil paintings on saws and canvas, crafts, yarn work and also an avid reader. She enjoyed traveling and her weekly outings to the casino.
She was preceded in death by her mother (2011) and father (1981); her sister, Donna (2002); and brother, Dwayne (2012).
She is survived by her three children, Daniel from DeSoto, MO, Dennis from Clinton, IA and Debra from Wichita, KS. She is also survived by her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Death date: Nov. 28, 2012
Oct. 1, 1935 - Nov. 28, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines