Oct. 1, 1935 - Nov. 28, 2012
Twila Ann Iverson, 77, of Clinton, Iowa, died Wednesday, November 28, 2012, at Mercy Living Center South, Clinton.
Memorial services will be held at a later date. The Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home assisted the family with arrangements.
She was born October 1, 1935, in Iowa City, Iowa, to Elmer and Martha (Frisbie) Hildebrand. Twila grew up in Emmetsburg, Iowa, and graduated from high school in 1953.
Twila helped her mother clean homes and worked as a waitress in Emmetsburg. She married Harold E. Iverson on October 4, 1953, and re-located to Clinton, Iowa. Harold passed away on June 19, 1983. Twila remained a widow until her death.
Twila was fondly remembered by many as the “lunch lady” at Longfellow Elementary School where she served as a food nutritionist for 30 years retiring in 1997. She was a member of the American School Food Service Association and the First United Methodist Church for many years. She was an amazing artist creating oil paintings on saws and canvas, crafts, yarn work and also an avid reader. She enjoyed traveling and her weekly outings to the casino.
She was preceded in death by her mother (2011) and father (1981); her sister, Donna (2002); and brother, Dwayne (2012).
She is survived by her three children, Daniel from DeSoto, MO, Dennis from Clinton, IA and Debra from Wichita, KS. She is also survived by her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, nieces and nephews.
Death date: Nov. 28, 2012
Oct. 1, 1935 - Nov. 28, 2012
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- More Obituaries Headlines