April 3, 1916 - Feb. 24, 2013
Henry R. Pelham, 96, of DeWitt, died Sunday, February 24, 2013 at Grand Haven Retirement Community – Eldridge, Iowa.
Memorial Services will be 2:00 p.m., Friday, March 1, 2013 at the First Congregational United Church of Christ – DeWitt. Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory – Clinton, Iowa is in charge of arrangements.
Henry R. Pelham was born on April 3, 1916, at Malone, Iowa, the son of Jay and Leora Belle (Striley) Pelham. He was a graduate of DeWitt High School with the class of 1934.
He enlisted in the United States Navy and served from 1939-1945 during World War II in the Atlantic and Pacific. He ranked at Chief Fire Control Man at the time of discharge.
He married Helen Faye Benning in October 1957 in DeWitt; she died in 1970.
He lived and farmed the home farm from birth until retirement and moving to DeWitt in 1996.
He was a member of the Camanche Masonic Lodge #60, charter member of the Low Moor Lions Club and the DeWitt noon Lions Club, the Clinton Church of Christ, and Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies, and the Hardee’s 9AM Koffee Klatch group.
He is survived by nephews, nieces, and many cousins, all of whom have kept in contact with Henry. He loved to travel in his motorhome until his eyesight forced him to retire from this. He was a “fixer” who could fix or repair most anything that was fixable and helped many folks with their “problems.” He had a very sharp mind to the end of his life and loved to reminisce past activities. His memory of the six years he served in the Navy were very vivid.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, half brothers Laverne and Earl Blinkinsop and half sister Gladys Blinkinsop Carnen.
Memorials can be made to First Congregational United Church of Christ – DeWitt.
Death date: Feb. 24, 2013
April 3, 1916 - Feb. 24, 2013
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines