April 3, 1916 - Feb. 24, 2013
Henry R. Pelham, 96, of DeWitt, died Sunday, February 24, 2013 at Grand Haven Retirement Community – Eldridge, Iowa.
Memorial Services will be 2:00 p.m., Friday, March 1, 2013 at the First Congregational United Church of Christ – DeWitt. Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory – Clinton, Iowa is in charge of arrangements.
Henry R. Pelham was born on April 3, 1916, at Malone, Iowa, the son of Jay and Leora Belle (Striley) Pelham. He was a graduate of DeWitt High School with the class of 1934.
He enlisted in the United States Navy and served from 1939-1945 during World War II in the Atlantic and Pacific. He ranked at Chief Fire Control Man at the time of discharge.
He married Helen Faye Benning in October 1957 in DeWitt; she died in 1970.
He lived and farmed the home farm from birth until retirement and moving to DeWitt in 1996.
He was a member of the Camanche Masonic Lodge #60, charter member of the Low Moor Lions Club and the DeWitt noon Lions Club, the Clinton Church of Christ, and Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies, and the Hardee’s 9AM Koffee Klatch group.
He is survived by nephews, nieces, and many cousins, all of whom have kept in contact with Henry. He loved to travel in his motorhome until his eyesight forced him to retire from this. He was a “fixer” who could fix or repair most anything that was fixable and helped many folks with their “problems.” He had a very sharp mind to the end of his life and loved to reminisce past activities. His memory of the six years he served in the Navy were very vivid.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, half brothers Laverne and Earl Blinkinsop and half sister Gladys Blinkinsop Carnen.
Memorials can be made to First Congregational United Church of Christ – DeWitt.
Death date: Feb. 24, 2013
April 3, 1916 - Feb. 24, 2013
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- More Obituaries Headlines