April 3, 1916 - Feb. 24, 2013
Henry R. Pelham, 96, of DeWitt, died Sunday, February 24, 2013 at Grand Haven Retirement Community – Eldridge, Iowa.
Memorial Services will be 2:00 p.m., Friday, March 1, 2013 at the First Congregational United Church of Christ – DeWitt. Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory – Clinton, Iowa is in charge of arrangements.
Henry R. Pelham was born on April 3, 1916, at Malone, Iowa, the son of Jay and Leora Belle (Striley) Pelham. He was a graduate of DeWitt High School with the class of 1934.
He enlisted in the United States Navy and served from 1939-1945 during World War II in the Atlantic and Pacific. He ranked at Chief Fire Control Man at the time of discharge.
He married Helen Faye Benning in October 1957 in DeWitt; she died in 1970.
He lived and farmed the home farm from birth until retirement and moving to DeWitt in 1996.
He was a member of the Camanche Masonic Lodge #60, charter member of the Low Moor Lions Club and the DeWitt noon Lions Club, the Clinton Church of Christ, and Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies, and the Hardee’s 9AM Koffee Klatch group.
He is survived by nephews, nieces, and many cousins, all of whom have kept in contact with Henry. He loved to travel in his motorhome until his eyesight forced him to retire from this. He was a “fixer” who could fix or repair most anything that was fixable and helped many folks with their “problems.” He had a very sharp mind to the end of his life and loved to reminisce past activities. His memory of the six years he served in the Navy were very vivid.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, half brothers Laverne and Earl Blinkinsop and half sister Gladys Blinkinsop Carnen.
Memorials can be made to First Congregational United Church of Christ – DeWitt.
Death date: Feb. 24, 2013
April 3, 1916 - Feb. 24, 2013
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines