April 3, 1916 - Feb. 24, 2013
Henry R. Pelham, 96, of DeWitt, died Sunday, February 24, 2013 at Grand Haven Retirement Community – Eldridge, Iowa.
Memorial Services will be 2:00 p.m., Friday, March 1, 2013 at the First Congregational United Church of Christ – DeWitt. Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory – Clinton, Iowa is in charge of arrangements.
Henry R. Pelham was born on April 3, 1916, at Malone, Iowa, the son of Jay and Leora Belle (Striley) Pelham. He was a graduate of DeWitt High School with the class of 1934.
He enlisted in the United States Navy and served from 1939-1945 during World War II in the Atlantic and Pacific. He ranked at Chief Fire Control Man at the time of discharge.
He married Helen Faye Benning in October 1957 in DeWitt; she died in 1970.
He lived and farmed the home farm from birth until retirement and moving to DeWitt in 1996.
He was a member of the Camanche Masonic Lodge #60, charter member of the Low Moor Lions Club and the DeWitt noon Lions Club, the Clinton Church of Christ, and Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies, and the Hardee’s 9AM Koffee Klatch group.
He is survived by nephews, nieces, and many cousins, all of whom have kept in contact with Henry. He loved to travel in his motorhome until his eyesight forced him to retire from this. He was a “fixer” who could fix or repair most anything that was fixable and helped many folks with their “problems.” He had a very sharp mind to the end of his life and loved to reminisce past activities. His memory of the six years he served in the Navy were very vivid.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, half brothers Laverne and Earl Blinkinsop and half sister Gladys Blinkinsop Carnen.
Memorials can be made to First Congregational United Church of Christ – DeWitt.
Death date: Feb. 24, 2013
April 3, 1916 - Feb. 24, 2013
- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, died Thursday, at her home. Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m. Monday, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory with Rev. Chris Minor-Heilig officiating. Burial will be in
- Robert Petersen Clinton Robert Petersen Robert Petersen, 84, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Leslie C. Chandler Clinton Leslie C. Chandler Leslie C. Chandler, 89, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Medical Center North. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes South Chapel.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, died Wednesday, Mercy Medical Center North. A funeral Mass will be 1 p.m. Saturday at Prince of Peace Catholic Church. Burial visitation will be Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Clint
- Carl Junior Anderson Carl Junior Anderson Oct. 19, 2013 - Dec. 5, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Carl Junior Anderson loved his country, veterans and collecting and shooting his guns. He died at age 73 in Thomson, Illinois, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at his home surrounded by hi
- Madonna Finch Clinton Madonna Finch Madonna Finch, 80, of Clinton, died Thursday, at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Nora Glazier LYNDON, Ill. -- Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at the Morrison Chapel of the
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- More Obituaries Headlines