Dec. 2, 1934 - Feb. 28, 2013
Joyce A. Vining, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Thursday, February 28, 2013 at Harmony House.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m., Monday, March 4, 2013 at First United Presbyterian Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche.
Joyce was born December 2, 1934 in North Chicago, Illinois the daughter of Vic and Alice Mills. She received her business degree in accounting from the University of Dubuque and later earned her teaching degree in business and accounting from Marycrest College, Davenport.
Joyce Mills married Eugene Vining on August 4, 1956 in Clinton.
Joyce taught business education at Clinton High School for eight years and she substitute taught in the Camanche Schools for many years. She had also been the bookkeeper for Super Wash, North for several years and was the bookkeeper for the Camanche Super Wash for 14 years.
She was a member of the First United Presbyterian Church, Mercy Auxiliary in the gift shop and at the info desk, the AAUW and the ISEA. Her passion was cooking and baking and she was very good at it. She loved her dogs and enjoyed walking them, sometimes several times a day.
Survivors include her husband, Eugene “Hank” Vining of Clinton; son, Kevin Vining of Sioux City, IA, daughter-in-law, Mary Beth (Dan) Wagemester of Walford, IA, and her brother, Bruce Mills of Gurnee, IL.
She was preceded in death by two sons, Scott and Ross and her parents.
Memorials may be made to The Alzheimer’s Association or to the First United Presbyterian Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 29, 2013
Dec. 2, 1934 - Feb. 28, 2013
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- Martin Allen Stansbarger ClintonMartin Allen StansbargerMartin Allen Stansbarger died Saturday at birth at Mercy Medical Center North.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- John W. Bousman John W. BousmanOct. 20, 1937 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — John W. Bousman Sr., age 76, of Clinton, died Friday, July 18, 2014, at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City, surrounded by his family. They released him from all medical intervention and
- Lola Alice Lange FULTON, Ill. — Lola Alice Lange, 98, of Morrison, Illinois, died Saturday at Resthave Home in Morrison.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home, with the Rev. James Camp officiating. Visitatio
- Charles 'Charlie' L. Sexton Charles ‘Charlie’ L. SextonAug. 17, 1942 - July 18, 2014CLINTON — Charles “Charlie” L. Sexton, 71, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, July 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center, Clinton.Funeral Services will be 10:30 a.m., Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Cl
- Marjorie Behne WHEATLAND — Marjorie (Easton) Behne, 86, of Wheatland, died Friday at Wheatland Manor.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. today at Schultz Funeral Home in Grand Mound. A service of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Christian Free
- More Obituaries Headlines