Dec. 2, 1934 - Feb. 28, 2013
Joyce A. Vining, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Thursday, February 28, 2013 at Harmony House.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m., Monday, March 4, 2013 at First United Presbyterian Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche.
Joyce was born December 2, 1934 in North Chicago, Illinois the daughter of Vic and Alice Mills. She received her business degree in accounting from the University of Dubuque and later earned her teaching degree in business and accounting from Marycrest College, Davenport.
Joyce Mills married Eugene Vining on August 4, 1956 in Clinton.
Joyce taught business education at Clinton High School for eight years and she substitute taught in the Camanche Schools for many years. She had also been the bookkeeper for Super Wash, North for several years and was the bookkeeper for the Camanche Super Wash for 14 years.
She was a member of the First United Presbyterian Church, Mercy Auxiliary in the gift shop and at the info desk, the AAUW and the ISEA. Her passion was cooking and baking and she was very good at it. She loved her dogs and enjoyed walking them, sometimes several times a day.
Survivors include her husband, Eugene “Hank” Vining of Clinton; son, Kevin Vining of Sioux City, IA, daughter-in-law, Mary Beth (Dan) Wagemester of Walford, IA, and her brother, Bruce Mills of Gurnee, IL.
She was preceded in death by two sons, Scott and Ross and her parents.
Memorials may be made to The Alzheimer’s Association or to the First United Presbyterian Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 29, 2013
Dec. 2, 1934 - Feb. 28, 2013
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines