Dec. 2, 1934 - Feb. 28, 2013
Joyce A. Vining, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Thursday, February 28, 2013 at Harmony House.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m., Monday, March 4, 2013 at First United Presbyterian Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche.
Joyce was born December 2, 1934 in North Chicago, Illinois the daughter of Vic and Alice Mills. She received her business degree in accounting from the University of Dubuque and later earned her teaching degree in business and accounting from Marycrest College, Davenport.
Joyce Mills married Eugene Vining on August 4, 1956 in Clinton.
Joyce taught business education at Clinton High School for eight years and she substitute taught in the Camanche Schools for many years. She had also been the bookkeeper for Super Wash, North for several years and was the bookkeeper for the Camanche Super Wash for 14 years.
She was a member of the First United Presbyterian Church, Mercy Auxiliary in the gift shop and at the info desk, the AAUW and the ISEA. Her passion was cooking and baking and she was very good at it. She loved her dogs and enjoyed walking them, sometimes several times a day.
Survivors include her husband, Eugene “Hank” Vining of Clinton; son, Kevin Vining of Sioux City, IA, daughter-in-law, Mary Beth (Dan) Wagemester of Walford, IA, and her brother, Bruce Mills of Gurnee, IL.
She was preceded in death by two sons, Scott and Ross and her parents.
Memorials may be made to The Alzheimer’s Association or to the First United Presbyterian Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 29, 2013
Dec. 2, 1934 - Feb. 28, 2013
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines