Dec. 2, 1934 - Feb. 28, 2013
Joyce A. Vining, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Thursday, February 28, 2013 at Harmony House.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m., Monday, March 4, 2013 at First United Presbyterian Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche.
Joyce was born December 2, 1934 in North Chicago, Illinois the daughter of Vic and Alice Mills. She received her business degree in accounting from the University of Dubuque and later earned her teaching degree in business and accounting from Marycrest College, Davenport.
Joyce Mills married Eugene Vining on August 4, 1956 in Clinton.
Joyce taught business education at Clinton High School for eight years and she substitute taught in the Camanche Schools for many years. She had also been the bookkeeper for Super Wash, North for several years and was the bookkeeper for the Camanche Super Wash for 14 years.
She was a member of the First United Presbyterian Church, Mercy Auxiliary in the gift shop and at the info desk, the AAUW and the ISEA. Her passion was cooking and baking and she was very good at it. She loved her dogs and enjoyed walking them, sometimes several times a day.
Survivors include her husband, Eugene “Hank” Vining of Clinton; son, Kevin Vining of Sioux City, IA, daughter-in-law, Mary Beth (Dan) Wagemester of Walford, IA, and her brother, Bruce Mills of Gurnee, IL.
She was preceded in death by two sons, Scott and Ross and her parents.
Memorials may be made to The Alzheimer’s Association or to the First United Presbyterian Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 29, 2013
Dec. 2, 1934 - Feb. 28, 2013
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- More Obituaries Headlines