Dec. 2, 1934 - Feb. 28, 2013
Joyce A. Vining, 78, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away Thursday, February 28, 2013 at Harmony House.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m., Monday, March 4, 2013 at First United Presbyterian Church, Clinton. Visitation will be held from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, March 3, 2013 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche.
Joyce was born December 2, 1934 in North Chicago, Illinois the daughter of Vic and Alice Mills. She received her business degree in accounting from the University of Dubuque and later earned her teaching degree in business and accounting from Marycrest College, Davenport.
Joyce Mills married Eugene Vining on August 4, 1956 in Clinton.
Joyce taught business education at Clinton High School for eight years and she substitute taught in the Camanche Schools for many years. She had also been the bookkeeper for Super Wash, North for several years and was the bookkeeper for the Camanche Super Wash for 14 years.
She was a member of the First United Presbyterian Church, Mercy Auxiliary in the gift shop and at the info desk, the AAUW and the ISEA. Her passion was cooking and baking and she was very good at it. She loved her dogs and enjoyed walking them, sometimes several times a day.
Survivors include her husband, Eugene “Hank” Vining of Clinton; son, Kevin Vining of Sioux City, IA, daughter-in-law, Mary Beth (Dan) Wagemester of Walford, IA, and her brother, Bruce Mills of Gurnee, IL.
She was preceded in death by two sons, Scott and Ross and her parents.
Memorials may be made to The Alzheimer’s Association or to the First United Presbyterian Church.
Online condolences may be expressed by visiting www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Feb. 29, 2013
Dec. 2, 1934 - Feb. 28, 2013
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines