Nov. 26, 1922 - March 1, 2013
Mary E. Rose, age 90, of Clinton formerly of Fulton, died Friday, March 01, 2013 at Eagle Point Nursing Home and Rehab.
Mary was born November 26, 1922, in Fulton, the daughter of George W. and Dianne (Kopenga) Stanger. She worked at the Toy Factory, Fulton Public Schools, cleaned private homes all in Fulton, General Electric in Morrison, Greeks Candy Kitchen, and Bennett Box and Climax all of Clinton. Mary was a member of the Fulton Presbyterian Church, and Fulton American Legion Auxiliary. Mary married Henry Rose on March 17, 1941 in Camanche, IA and they later divorced. She lived in Chicago, Fulton, Spring Valley, and Thomson before moving to Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab in October 2006.
Survivors include three daughters, Pat (Carl Hamm) Johnston of Fulton, Janice (John) Bogart of Fulton, and Sandra Rose of Clinton, one son, Henry “Bud” Rose of Fulton, 9 grandchildren, 4 step grandchildren, 12 great grandchildren, 15 step great grandchildren, many great great-grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one daughter, Kathy Jean in infancy, two sisters, Katherine Hamm and Margaret Stanger, one granddaughter, Abby Anderson, and one special friend, Allen Pessman.
Visitation will be from 10-11 a.m. Monday, March 4, 2013 at McDonald Funeral Home in Fulton, 1601 16th Avenue. Funeral service will be Monday at 11:00 a.m. at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Fulton Township Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established.
Online condolences may be sent to: www.mcdonaldfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 1, 2013
Nov. 26, 1922 - March 1, 2013
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines