Nov. 26, 1922 - March 1, 2013
Mary E. Rose, age 90, of Clinton formerly of Fulton, died Friday, March 01, 2013 at Eagle Point Nursing Home and Rehab.
Mary was born November 26, 1922, in Fulton, the daughter of George W. and Dianne (Kopenga) Stanger. She worked at the Toy Factory, Fulton Public Schools, cleaned private homes all in Fulton, General Electric in Morrison, Greeks Candy Kitchen, and Bennett Box and Climax all of Clinton. Mary was a member of the Fulton Presbyterian Church, and Fulton American Legion Auxiliary. Mary married Henry Rose on March 17, 1941 in Camanche, IA and they later divorced. She lived in Chicago, Fulton, Spring Valley, and Thomson before moving to Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab in October 2006.
Survivors include three daughters, Pat (Carl Hamm) Johnston of Fulton, Janice (John) Bogart of Fulton, and Sandra Rose of Clinton, one son, Henry “Bud” Rose of Fulton, 9 grandchildren, 4 step grandchildren, 12 great grandchildren, 15 step great grandchildren, many great great-grandchildren, and many nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents, one daughter, Kathy Jean in infancy, two sisters, Katherine Hamm and Margaret Stanger, one granddaughter, Abby Anderson, and one special friend, Allen Pessman.
Visitation will be from 10-11 a.m. Monday, March 4, 2013 at McDonald Funeral Home in Fulton, 1601 16th Avenue. Funeral service will be Monday at 11:00 a.m. at the funeral home. Burial will follow at Fulton Township Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers a memorial has been established.
Online condolences may be sent to: www.mcdonaldfuneralhomes.com.
Death date: March 1, 2013
Nov. 26, 1922 - March 1, 2013
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines