A new Iowa law allows veterans to have a veteran designation put on their driver’s license or identification card. To get the designation an honorably discharged veteran must present a copy of their DD 214 or applicate discharge document to their county Veteran’s Affairs office. The office will complete an Iowa DOT form and confirm the applicants veteran status. To expedite the process, a copy of the application form is available at https://va.iowa.gov.  The veterans must then take the completed form to any iowa drivers license issuance location and request that the designation be added to their license or ID card.

The DeWitt office will be able to assist veterans who do not want to travel to the Clinton office. For more information call the Clinton office at 242-1151.

Ed Staszewski,

Director of Clinton

Veterans Affairs

This Week's Circulars