On Feb. 7 and 8, 2014, the year culminates with the 24-hour big event to celebrate the children’s fight against cancer and remember those who have lost their battle. I will not sit, have caffeine, or sleep all in honor of these courageous children battling pediatric cancer. This is my second year in Dance Marathon, and what can I say, I’m in love. Dance Marathon is something that grabs you by the heart and never lets go.
Why you should donate Dance Marathon provides:
1. Emotional and financial support for families and patients in the cancer unit
2. Educational resources for diagnosed children
3. Comfort Kits containing parking voucher, gas voucher and meal voucher plus other care items for families
4. Child Life Assistants to aid in the holistic treatment of the patients
5. Technology in patient rooms such as flat panel TV’s, DVD players, Play Station IIs and laptops
6. Several family events throughout the year
In September 2011, UIDM pledged a gift of $5 million over the next 10 years toward the new University of Iowa Children’s Hospital. In recognition of the gift, the 11th floor of the new state-of-the-art hospital will be named “The University of Iowa Dance Marathon Pediatric Cancer Center.” Your donation could help fund future projects like this one and the others listed above.
How to donateDonate online: Visit my personal donation page and click the “Donate Now” button.
Send a check: You can also send checks to me. Please make checks payable to UI Dance Marathon and include my name in the memo section.
100 Hillcrest Rm H454
Iowa City, IA 52242
With your help, I can reach my goal to raise over $2,000 for children with cancer. Whether it’s one dollar or a million dollars, it makes a difference.