• The Importance of Trees: On Tuesday, June 25, at 1 p.m., Matt Parbs, director of the Sawmill Museum, will be a guest at the library. Hear some fun stories about trees — including The Lorax! Kids can dress up like a tree and do a fun craft! For grades first through fifth.
• Afternoon adventures. Explore your world every Wednesday from 2 to 3:30 p.m. This week, June 26, kids can watch a movie! Open to children in grades first through fifth.
• Creative Writing Circle for Teens. Get writing and share your work with others from 4-6 p.m. on Wednesday, June 26. If you have questions, call YA librarian Kendra Evers.
• Market Music: Joe and Vicki Price. On Wednesday evening, June 26, from 4-6 p.m. enjoy some party time blues performed by award- winning artists. Market Music Concerts coincide with the Lyons Farmers Market, weather permitting and are sponsored by the Clinton Public Library. Concerts will be at the Four Square Park Bandshell. Funding provided by the Friends of the Clinton Public Library.
• Marcia Lathrop, Author Event. On Thursday, June 27, from 5-7 p.m. at the Lyons branch, Illinois author Marcia Lathrop will share her memoir of growing up in abuse and the key to how she healed from the trauma she experienced. Through counseling and listening to God, she found a way out and hopes her story will inspire others. Copies of her book will be available for purchase and signing.
• Magician, Ventriloquist, Comedian! Kids, don’t miss Chris McBrien’s funny show with lots of audience participation on Thursday, June 27, at 3:30 p.m. at the Ericksen Community Center.
• Story time on the Lawn. Join us on Thursday, June 27, at 1 p.m.at the Lyons Branch for story time and “Picnic on the Lawn.” Bring snacks and a blanket while you listen to stories on the grass!