• Billing and collection of ambulance services was outsourced, resulting in guaranteed coding, accurate and timely billing and collection services
• Capital Improvement Projects planning began a framework for long-range projects
• Reorganized departments and reduced personnel.
• Outsourced sale of small real estate parcels and sold to place back on tax rolls
• Sold most of the remaining city owned property in south Clinton
• Set process for selling salvage city vehicles
CITY GOVERNMENT STRUCTURE AND PROCEDURES
• Hired contract Human Resources person
• Moved BNS from Fifth Avenue building to City Hall
• Converted Fifth Avenue building to records storage and other uses by police department
• Expanded Chancy Fire Station and made improvements to the other two fire stations making it possible to have adequate coverage in all three locations in the event of multiple fire/ambulance events or large fires such as Odeon
• Negotiated new agreement with Humane Society, reduced cost and maintained services
• Approved new downtown SSMID agreement resulting in better management and encouraging downtown development
• Appointed new fire chief, city engineer, city administrator, city attorney and Public Works director
• In hiring a new city administrator, used a new process by selecting an independent hiring committee to seek applicants, review applications, interview and choose top applicants. This committee was made up of 10 business and professionals, educators, city department heads and residents selected from a group of nominations offered by each council member.
• The Council approved a referendum for renovation of the library which was later defeated by the voters.
• With the end of the Skipper Bud’s contract, the council issued a Request for Proposals for a new Marina and RV Park Operator. The City Services Committee interviewed three possibilities, one being the city’s own Public Works Department, and recommended that Matt Prescott, who is owner of the Candlelight Inn located in the Marina Amenities building, be selected.