The full Council concurred, and the Marina and RV park saw their best year ever in 2013.
• Expanded recyclable materials to include cardboard and additional types of plastic materials
• A new franchise agreement was reached with Alliant Energy, adding prompt replacement of lighting Alliant is responsible for at their expense.
• A responsible and cost-effective contract was approved for traffic light maintenance and repair.
COMMUNITY GROWTH AND IMPROVEMENT
• Banks and Financial Institutions — The health and wealth of a city’s financial institutions is a major indicator of that city’s financial condition. Every bank in the city has expanded and improved its services either in its existing location or added locations. The same is true for credit unions and other financial institutions; a new credit union has located here within the last three years.
• Railport — Two brand new industries, RAIL.ONE and NRM, are in the process of being built within the railport.
• Lyons Tech Park — Data Dimensions has moved to the Lyons Tech Park and doubled its size in a new facility.
• Industry — Most of Clinton’s large industries continue to update and expand their operations.
• Business and Shopping — There are several successful new businesses downtown, and the Lyons shopping area is on the brink of many updates, including a “green” streetscape. The Lincolnway area continues to grow and change with the addition of the Hampton Inn, the new Urgent Care Clinic, and Clinton Auto Group, among others.
• Residential — The new Village Cooperative for seniors is filled nearly to capacity, and West Heights Town Homes, the new CHI-built apartment complex in the same area, is now ready to accept new residents. Building of new single family homes has been slow but steady. However, renovation and improvement of existing homes has been very active.
• Proposed Near Future — Necessary approvals are in place for the Wilson Building to be redeveloped into high-quality condos on the upper floors and office and commercial space on the ground floor as soon as the owner has all his plans in place. This project was delayed from its original start date due to issues of the previous owner and a change in the structure of the developer’s organization.