Library users might notice a lot of movies and gaming activities this summer for all ages at the library. We’re pleased to announce that the young adult department received a technology grant and this money was used to purchase a 60-inch television. Movies and games seem to pop off the screen, so come take a look and enjoy the fun.
Next week is a busy one at the library
• Dig up a good movie! Family-friendly movie day on Friday, June 7, at 1 p.m. Come to the library to view a family movie on the library’s new TV. Popcorn and drinks provided.
• Author reading/signing. Iowa author Joe Blair visits the library Saturday, June 8, at 10:30 a.m. to share readings from his debut memoir, “By The Iowa Sea: A Memoir.” Bring your copy or purchase a book from the author for signing. This wrenching, unsentimental account of the heartbreaks and ecstasies of marriage, fatherhood, and small-town life in the Midwest has received critical acclaim and was an Oprah book of the week in 2012.
• Bunny Tales: June 8 will be hoppin’ at the library. Join us for Bunny Tales on Saturday at 11 a.m. for stories, crafts, and see real bunnies. This event is open to all ages.
• Taco eating contest: See who can eat the most tacos the fastest in this taco eating contest for fourth- and fifth-graders on Monday, June 10, at 5 p.m. Kids can either participate or cheer their friends on as the kids duke it out in a battle of epic proportions. This is a great way for kids in fourth and fifth grades to boost the points in their summer reading logs.
• Baby story time. There will be a special story time for children from birth to 12 months on Tuesday, June 11, at 10 a.m. Parents and children can interact with fun activities, songs and stories. Learn educational activities that you can do at home with your baby.