- RAGBRAI book may prompt action TONIGHT! Beyond Bake Sales, Raffles, and Golf Outings: Basic Fundraising for Smaller Organizations At 6 p.m. join Linda Wastyn of Wastyn & Associates at the main branch of the library on the second floor for a program about basic fundraising. Most s
- Doing nothing about schoolteacher cheating Philadelphia's public school system has joined several other big-city school systems, such as those in Atlanta, Detroit and Washington, D.C., in widespread teacher-led cheating on standardized academic achievement tests. So far, the city has fired th
- Open tentative contracts to public scrutiny Gov. Pat Quinn, in his State of the State address Wednesday, described his initiatives for jobs, education, and the economy. In a speech delivered 5 years to the day after he assumed office from disgraced former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, Quinn briefly me
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Show support for students, attend performances and sporting events
Recently my family and I attended the Clinton Middle School’s performance of “The Wizard of Oz.”
- Super Bowl crosses into the absurd If ever there was a straight laced operation, it would be the National Football League. So how does one explain Media Day, the pre-Super Bowl event that is mostly a silly, goofy, absurd showcase to let the world's press -- and about anyone else with
Kudos to Bettendorf business that donated to Humane Society
Shop local? That is what I usually do except for on the rare occasions of going to the Quad-City area or for shopping online.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Reader thankful for donation to Humane Society
Thank you very much to Schebler Heating and Air of Bettendorf.
Such a thoughtful and generous donation of a new heating system (including labor) for Clinton County’s Humane Society.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Vote no on Easton Valley tax issues
Easton Valley supporters promised us that taxes would stay low. It hasn’t even been a year and they are asking us to vote to increase property taxes this Tuesday.
- The art of negotiating The art of the negotiation takes years to master. Whether seeking a small salary hike or closing a multi-million dollar deal, negotiating is a game of chess that requires guts and great timing. My negotiating skills aren't necessarily that great, b
YOUNGQUIST: Black History program slated at Clinton Public Library
Join the Mother/Daughter Book Club for children ages 7-12 and their moms. The book for January is “The Sisters 8: Annie’s Adventures” by Lauren Baratz-Logsted. Registration required. The club will meet at the Lyons Branch Library at 6 p.m. today to discuss the book and do fun activities.
- More Opinion Headlines