Wear orange to support anti-violence campaign
Did you know that nearly 35 percent of all women worldwide will experience either intimate-partner or non-partner violence?
- Will improved economy be part of our Christmas celebration? With the advent of the holiday season come the perennial questions: Who has been naughty or nice; will Santa bring what I asked for; will this be enough punch? Add to the list for this holiday season, will the Federal Reserve Open Market Committee t
- 150 years later, fight for equality, freedom continues The greatest words any American ever said were spoken by a gaunt, war-haunted man in a tiny Pennsylvania college town 150 years ago Tuesday. The celebrated orator Edward Everett had spoken first, a gusty address that began with a nod toward "this ser
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: United Way leaders thankful for volunteers, assistance
The 18th annual United Way Fork Some Pork BBQ delivered 926 pork barbecue sandwiches to hungry individuals and served 152 people on site for all you can eat Nov. 1.
How does a Secret Service agent manage to leave behind a bullet in a hotel room?
The latest Secret Service scandal has raised an unusual question: How does an agent manage to leave a stray bullet behind?
What it's like to have your food stamps cut?
On Nov. 1, the largest cuts in the history of our country's food stamp program, now called the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, went into effect when the increase ordained by the 2009 economic stimulus package expired.
- Preserve Clinton Park Preserve Clinton Park Once again I hear of some entity wanting a Clinton, Iowa park land for a project. Please, let's not use precious city park land for projects, no matter how wonderful they may be. The case in point is the use of historic Clinton
- More information on child development There have been many books written and programs developed to assist us in how to manage children's behavior. Two examples include 1-2-3 Magic and Love and Logic. Structure, consistency and follow through are three qualities that the above-mentioned p
- Americans see through Obama's lies There is lying, and then there is lying. It seems that President Barack Obama doesn't know the difference, or more likely that he thinks the average American doesn't know the difference. He may be in for a rude surprise and an even ruder final three,
- A problem NFL needs to tackle 'My actions were coming from a place of love." So said Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito, all 320 cuddly pounds, about his racist, profane and threatening behavior toward teammate Jonathan Martin. Loving would not be the first adjective that come
- More Opinion Headlines
- Wear orange to support anti-violence campaign