- Download free music with Freegal The library has subscribed to the Freegal Music application where if you have a library card, you can download free music. Library users have a weekly download limit of three songs. Your count resets every Monday at 12 a.m. Eastern time. You will be
- Stay in touch in 2014 With the Legislature back in session, I want to make sure you know what's happening. There are many ways to follow the action. I'll be sending out regular updates on the key issues we're addressing from week-to-week in the Senate. I'll also participa
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Attend your local caucuses
Let me begin this letter by saying that I have voted for Steve Olson every time he has run for the state legislature.
- Prison news feels different this time I don't blame people for being cautious this week regarding the most recent developments with the Thomson, Ill., prison. It's not like we haven't heard this story before. Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin and Illinois Rep. Cheri Bustos announced this week th
- Shut down medical alert calls I wrote in my last column, the single most common complaint I received in 2013 involved this free medical alert system recorded call (robo-call). The recorded call told the listener someone ordered a free medical alert system for them. If you wanted
YOUNGQUIST: 'Taste of Home' cookbook offers more than 300 recipes
Fine Amnesty in January! As a holiday gift to our readers, the library will be offering a fine amnesty from Jan. 2 until Jan. 31 for people who return their overdue materials in January. Also, if you have outstanding fines at the library you may have
- Lafayette Apartments owner thankful for assistance during gas leak On behalf of the tenants and the employees of the Lafayette Apartments we would like to thank the Clinton Fire Department and the city inspectors for their quick response in finding the gas leak from outside the building. We also want to thank Allia
- Clarify campaign involvement rules for Iowa politicians During the upcoming session, Iowa lawmakers will probably be looking at clarifying rules relating to presidential campaign involvement for Iowa's House and Senate members. Even though we expect our state leaders to be familiar with whatever rules are
- Our crazed sexuality standards The New York Times brings us the "next frontier in fertility treatment." It's about dissolving the prejudice against transgender people having children. "Andy Inkster, a transgender man, had always wanted biological children. So when he embarked on t
PITTS: Life, death and small government
Marlise Munoz was 33 when she died.
- More Opinion Headlines