Clinton High School's homecoming king and queen were crowned during Thursday's coronation ceremony. Later, residents turned out for Clinton's homecoming parade.
- Local Schools
- Resident seeks to spread message FULTON, Ill. -- The River Bend School District website may soon offer information on a March 18 referendum vote, that if passed, could mean a one percent sales tax increase in the city of Fulton. Fulton resident Margaret Alstead on Thursday spoke to
- DeWitt in tough 3A field DES MOINES -- The Central DeWitt Sabers are in new territory this week. The Class 3A portion of the 2013 Iowa boys basketball state tournament begins Tuesday evening at 6:30 when the Sabers face off against the MOC-Floyd Valley Dutch, whose girls te
- Dinner showcases academic excellence FULTON, Ill. -- The River Bend Education Foundation will host its annual Academic Excellence Dinner this weekend. Fulton High School graduate Michael Woods will be the keynote speaker for the dinner Saturday at the Fulton High School cafeteria. Dinn
- Inventions advance onward CAMANCHE -- Four young entrepreneurs from Camanche Middle School have been selected to join an elite group of students participating in the 2014 State Invent Iowa Competition in Iowa City. Three third-graders and one fourth-grader on Sheryl Kennedy's
School board surveying former families of district
The Clinton Community School Board has begun surveying families who have open enrolled out of the district, according to school board member Eric Gettes.
UPDATE: Middle schoolers catch 'big break' with calendar
Clinton School board approves 2014-15 calendar.
- Project puts iPads in Fulton schools FULTON, Ill. -- The River Bend Educational Foundation Trustees this year selected the purchase of additional iPads for all three school buildings in the district as its annual project. The foundation, celebrating its 30th anniversary, is designating
- Board delays school calendar FULTON, Ill. -- The River Bend Board of Education has delayed approving next year's school calendar. In light of this year's extreme weather, which has already required the district to cancel six days of school, the board is looking into marking cer
- New courses added FULTON, Ill. -- Fulton High School will offer four new courses next school year. The River Bend Board of Education approved a proposal for the addition of four classes to the 2014-15 course descriptions during a meeting this week. An advanced placeme
- Northeast looks at new staffing plan CLINTON Superintendent Jim Cox said a current technology proposal could save the Northeast School District some money and create three new high school electives. Twin State Technical Services, of Davenport, currently provides the district with techn
- More Local Schools Headlines