Clinton High School's homecoming king and queen were crowned during Thursday's coronation ceremony. Later, residents turned out for Clinton's homecoming parade.
- Local Schools
- Students build toward learning CLINTON -- Building robots and small cities out of Legos is more than just a game for students at Camanche Elementary School and River Bend Middle School. It is a chance to win a national championship. The For Inspiration and Recognition of Science a
- Camanche Elementary students give back to community
- Bringing the holiday tradition into the classroom
- River Bend to pursue one percent sales tax question FULTON, Ill. -- Whiteside County voters may be able to once again consider implementing a one percent sales tax to fund school facility projects. County School Facility Occupation Taxes have been on the county's ballot previously, but did not pass in
Tornado wary schools get money for shelters
The tragic deaths of seven elementary school students in an EF-5 tornado in May 2013 inspired the creation of a non-profit group that is raising money to build safe rooms and shelters in Oklahoma's schools. The group is giving $500,000 to schools in the suburb where those students were killed.
- Iowa teachers honored ALTOONA -- Some of Iowa's top teachers will be honored at an event in Altoona. The state Department of Education says 12 teachers will be honored Friday at the Outstanding Iowa Teachers Recognition Luncheon. Iowa Teacher of the Year Jane Schmidt, an
- Superintendent delivers speech CLINTON -- Believing in the students that compose the Clinton School District is non-negotiable, Superintendent Deb Olson told a room of people Tuesday morning as she delivered her annual State of the District address. "I want them to have a futur
- Retired teachers to meet Nov. 21 STERLING, Ill. -- The Whiteside Retired Teachers' Association will hold is final meeting of this calendar year at noon Nov. 21 at the First United Methodist Church, 501 Broadway Blvd., in Sterling. The association welcomes all retired educators to a
- Middle school gym work FULTON, Ill. -- Students and faculty at River Bend Middle School in Fulton can expect construction in the form of resurfacing the school's deteriorating gymnasium floor sometime in the near future. Discussion on the project began at the start of the
- Support Toys-For-Tots CLINTON -- Clinton Community College is asking residents to join the college in supporting the Marine Corps Reserve Toys-For-Tots program on Saturday, Nov. 2, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dropoff will be held in the Learning Center parking lot across from
- More Local Schools Headlines