- Local Schools
- River Bend staff preparing for common core FULTON, Ill. -- To prepare for the soon to be mandated common core standards in Illinois and all across the country, River Bend School District administrators have begun an intensive training schedule for all teachers in the district. At a River Bend
- Victims reach out to parents WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Sarah Ball was a 15-year-old high school sophomore at Hernando High School in Brooksville, Fla., when a friend posted on Facebook: "I hate Sarah Ball, and I don't care who knows." Then there was the Facebook group "Hernando Haters
Easton Valley school district to retain attorney
PRESTON -- The Easton Valley School Board will retain an attorney to fight the Northeast School District's appeal of a ruling that voided a whole-grade sharing agreement between the two district. During their board meeting Thursday, Easton Valley S
Camanche teachers participate in 'studio classroom'
Amy Eikmeier and her seventh grade math class welcomed new visitors Tuesday, as part of a nationwide common core standards initiative training required by the Iowa Department of Education.
River Bend searches for new superintendent
The search for a new superintendent to replace the retiring Robert "Chuck" Holliday is well under way for the River Bend School District, with the hope that a final decision will be made in late February or early March.
- Camanche approves supplemental aid CAMANCHE — Due to a negative fund balance, the Camanche School District will require supplemental aid to continue to provide the special education program for the 2013-14 school year. At a Camanche School Board meeting Monday, Superintendent Tom Park
Clinton Schools: Price change for construction
CLINTON -- The Clinton School Board approved three change orders for the new middle school during their meeting Monday night, bringing the contingency fund for the project to $160,000 less than where it was when construction started in the spring. B
- Insurance enrollments begin to trickle in DES MOINES -- Iowa residents are slowly exploring their options under President Barack Obama's health care law after technical glitches stalled the rollout of the new federally run online insurance marketplaces. Detailed enrollment data isn't availab
Maquoketa teacher named Iowa Teacher of the Year
Jane Schmidt, a longtime teacher known for her leadership, her ability to connect with students, and her commitment to improvement, is the 2014 Iowa Teacher of the Year, Gov. Terry Branstad announced today in Maquoketa.
Northeast to appeal sharing decision
CLINTON -- Northeast School District will appeal a September judgement that voided a whole-grade sharing agreement with the Easton Valley School District. The Northeast Board of Education went into closed session during a special meeting this week to
- More Local Schools Headlines