- Local Schools
- River Bend board designates make-up days for snow emergencies FULTON, Ill. -- Teachers and educational support personnel in the River Bend School District have spoken and they do not want to lose their holidays to make up snow emergency cancelations. Ninety-one River Bend employees responded to a survey conduct
- Central board hears audit report DEWITT -- The Central Community School Board last week approved the 2012-2013 audit prepared by Nolte, Cornman & Johnson P.C. of Newton. Business Director Tina Bartels said it was a very good audit. The general fund revenues decreased to $14,873,888
- Schools combine bands for Mardi Gras parade CLINTON -- Prince of Peace band students recently returned from a trip that included a performance for a Mardi Gras parade. Twenty-three members of the Prince of Peace high school band joined with the Maquoketa High School marching band to perform in
- Resident seeks to spread message FULTON, Ill. -- The River Bend School District website may soon offer information on a March 18 referendum vote, that if passed, could mean a one percent sales tax increase in the city of Fulton. Fulton resident Margaret Alstead on Thursday spoke to
- DeWitt in tough 3A field DES MOINES -- The Central DeWitt Sabers are in new territory this week. The Class 3A portion of the 2013 Iowa boys basketball state tournament begins Tuesday evening at 6:30 when the Sabers face off against the MOC-Floyd Valley Dutch, whose girls te
- Dinner showcases academic excellence FULTON, Ill. -- The River Bend Education Foundation will host its annual Academic Excellence Dinner this weekend. Fulton High School graduate Michael Woods will be the keynote speaker for the dinner Saturday at the Fulton High School cafeteria. Dinn
- Inventions advance onward CAMANCHE -- Four young entrepreneurs from Camanche Middle School have been selected to join an elite group of students participating in the 2014 State Invent Iowa Competition in Iowa City. Three third-graders and one fourth-grader on Sheryl Kennedy's
School board surveying former families of district
The Clinton Community School Board has begun surveying families who have open enrolled out of the district, according to school board member Eric Gettes.
UPDATE: Middle schoolers catch 'big break' with calendar
Clinton School board approves 2014-15 calendar.
- Project puts iPads in Fulton schools FULTON, Ill. -- The River Bend Educational Foundation Trustees this year selected the purchase of additional iPads for all three school buildings in the district as its annual project. The foundation, celebrating its 30th anniversary, is designating
- More Local Schools Headlines